Zelo-Promise

BAP Scenarios

A fluffy anon request for when Zelo and someone underage have feelings for each other, and make a promise to wait. That being said, this scenario contains someone of age interested in an underage individual (16). This is a nonual interest. RScenarios will not write ual or romantic content for anyone underage. Although this does contain a small start of a romance, it does not develop to dating. -Em

Warnings: see above

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Want to get ice cream today??”

Zelo looks at your message and then back at the song he’s been working on for the last few hours. He’s so close to finishing. If he could just figure out what’s missing from the piece then he would be good. Still, he hasn’t figured it out for the last two and a half hours, maybe it was time for a break. “Sure. When?”

“Can meet you at the ice cream place in twenty minutes,” you text him.

He sends a thumbs up emoji as he starts to save things and shut everything down. Once he’s sure he’s locked up he heads out, listening to some music along the way. He focuses on the melodies and tries to find the inspiration he desperately needs. When he reaches the shop he waits outside, knowing it will take you a bit longer to walk there due to the distance. So he gets lost in his own little world while thinking about all his upcoming work and side-projects.

It’s only when he feels a light tap on his nose that he comes back to reality to see you smiling at him. “Welcome back to Earth,” you tease.

“Nice to be back,” he grins, taking his headphones out and tucking them away. He opens the door to the shop and lets you enter first, making you smile more. The two of you place your orders before settling at a small table in the corner. “So what's the occasion?” He asks.

“Does there need to be one to see you?”

“Yes.”

“Well good thing I’m just using you to see Mochi.”

“Not allowed,” Zelo says, trying to keep his voice stern. “I forbid it.”

Naturally you begin to give him the best puppy dog eyes. “Please? I barely see the two of you anymore. Second semester starts soon, and with your schedule I never see you except your social media posts. So I won’t have any chances to see you soon. I missed you...and i just...had a rough day,” you mumble the last part.

Zelo feels his heart flutter at your confession only to frown at your bad day. “Do you want to talk about it?”

You simply shake your head, taking another spoonful of ice cream.

“Okay, then today I will grant you permission to see my son. He probably misses you too. I know I have.”

Zelo isn't sure but he swears your cheeks are turning pink. Your voice is back to being cheerful. “Of course he does. He loves me. That's why he came to me when you lost hold of the leash! How could such a small dog get away from someone with such long legs?”

“He’s a ball of energy when he wants to be. Still that was one of the scariest moments of my life until I found him with you.”

Despite this happening almost eight months ago, Zelo can remember it perfectly.

He had lost focus while replying to a message from Jongup and the next thing he knew the leash was flying from his hand. The momentary shock left him rooted to the spot, watching the little brown fluff rush away, yipping at another dog. It wouldn’t be the first time Mochi ended up fighting another dog, but usually the dog was bigger. He began calling for him, but the dog slipped under a bush, making Zelo lose sight of him as he looked in that area.

Not finding him, he moved on only to spot Mochi at a tree a short distance away. The dog was in your lap, stretched up on his hind legs to excitedly plant kisses on your face. Zelo could hear you laughing as you tried to calm the dog. “Hey, come on, settle down. You’re going to take off my cover-up,” you laughed, gently trying to get the dog to sit. It takes a moment but he eventually settles down. “Where did you come from cutie?” You questioned, searching for an ID tag.

Zelo slowly approached. He could see a small sketchbook with a few bent pages at your side. “Excuse me? I’m sorry if he bothered you.”

Mochi gave a small yip, as if Zelo’s words offend him. You chuckled and looked up at the newcomer, “He didn’t bother me at all! Just startled me a bit, but that’s a risk you run sitting at a dog park.”

“Did he chase your dog away?” Zelo noted there wasn’t one at your side.

“No, my parents won’t allow me to have a dog of my own...so I come here to sketch a few when I’m stressed,” you tapped the book at your side, only for Mochi to stretch out to sniff that hand and start it. “He’s an affectionate little guy.”

“That’s Mochi. And I’m sorry he seems to have wrecked your sketchbook. I can buy you another if you want.”

“It’s only a few wrinkled pages, it’s okay. Can’t be mad at this sweetheart,” you cooed at Mochi as he continues his affections.

“He really seems to like you. I’m Junhong by the way.”

“______________...wait, you're not...not Zelo, are you?” You asked softly.

Hesitantly Zelo nodded, not wanting to be dishonest. He expected you to freak out, ask for a photo, or something.

All that happened was a smile spread on your face, “Nice to meet you.”

“You too....I don't think he’s going to move any time soon,” Zelo told you.

“It's not bother. But if you need to get going he’s your dog.”

“Nah,” Zelo shrugged and settled into a place beside you. The two of you made conversation while Mochi kept alternating between each of you. Zelo was surprised to learn you were only a senior in high school, but it didn't stop you from exchanging numbers.

“Hey, you're zoning out again,” your voice brings him back to the present. “You need to get more sleep.”

“I sleep enough. I just haven't had much time to think about anything other than what I'm working on.”

“Thank you for taking a break to see me, I know it's hard to pull away from your work,” you say softly, lifting your spoon to offer him some of your ice cream as a thanks.

“I needed the break,” he admits take a bite and offering you some of his in return. This was how it was whenever the two of you got together. You were both so comfortable with each other. Sometimes it made Zelo wish you were older so he could be with you...but you're underage and so he kept his feelings to himself.

He pushes the feeling down as you chat, but it rises up again on the walk to his place when he feels you grab his jacket sleeve so you don’t lose him in the crowd on the sidewalk. It wasn’t the first time you’d done this, but it is the first time he pulls away so he can link hands with you. He tries to tell himself the gesture is completely platonic, but the racing beat of his heart says otherwise.

It doesn’t take long for the two of you to reach the apartment and for Mochi to immediately run to the door. “Hang on sweetie,” you coo as you remove your shoes before gently picking the dog up and holding him close to you.

As you head further into the apartment you greet Zelo’s mom and brother, making a bit of light conversation with both of them before his mother leaves to run errands and his brother goes back to his game. “What do you feel like doing? We could walk Mochi or watch a movie or something?”

You ponder the options before asking, “If it isn’t an issue, maybe you can show Mochi and me what you’ve been working on?”

“I can’t give you comeback spoilers ___________,” Zelo tells you, shaking his head.

“It was worth a shot. Just a movie then. Your pick,” you shrug, walking to Zelo’s room so you don’t disturb the gaming happening in the living room. Zelo follows, thanking his lucky stars he cleaned his room the day before. As you settle into a spot on his bed with Mochi still snuggled up to you he picks the first movie he sees and sits down, scratching the dog behind the ear as the movie begins.

Every now and then the two of you make a comment about what you’re watching, but over time your get quieter and soon enough Zelo notes you’re asleep. He can’t help but smile at how peaceful you look. He bites his lip, unsure if he should wake you or not. You must be exhausted to have fallen asleep so he lets you rest and continues watching the movie.

Or he tries to.

He doesn’t want to be creepy, but he can’t help but look over at you and feel content to have you here. The two of you go so well together, and even Mochi loves you. He reminds himself that you’re sixteen. Underage. He can’t do anything. And he won’t. Although, maybe it’s time to be honest with you about his feelings.

Before he can think on things, Mochi jumps up to be at alert, ears twitching from whatever he may have heard. It’s a few seconds later that he begins barking. “Sh, sh, stop barking!” Zelo whispers, but it’s too late, you’re already starting to sit up.

“Hey, quiet,” you mumble, making Mochi look at you before barking and rushing off to the living room.

“Sorry, he must have heard something outside,” Zelo apologizes.

“I’ll forgive you since it must be hard being a single parent,” you give a sleepy laugh as Mochi comes running back. You reach out to pet him. “Do we need to find your dad a date so you can have another parent?”

“You’re his other parent,” Zelo says without thinking about it. His eyes go wide as his words sink in. He quickly fumbles to add, “I mean, um, you’re like another parent to him when you’re here. Not that you’re my date or anything...not that I wouldn’t want you to be. I actually do really like you...but...I’m sorry..” He looks at his bedsheets, trying to avoid further embarrassment.

“I would...I would love to be Mochi’s parent,” you say softly, making him look at you quickly. “I’ve come to like you too...i mean, I liked you when I was just a fan...but you started talking to me and I realized it was more than a fan love. But I didn’t want to say anything to make our friendship weird. I didn’t think you could ever feel the same for someone like me, especially since I know I’m underage. I know that means nothing can happen between us, but I really hope we can stay friends if that’s okay with you. If it’s not I can just go and we can forget everything.”

“Why wouldn’t I like someone like you?” Zelo asks slowly.

All you do is shrug, your cheeks turning red as you keep petting Mochi. A silence falls between the two of you as both of your minds race for what this means for the two of you now.

“_______________, I don’t want to stop being friends with you. I know we can’t date now, but I want to someday. And I’m willing to wait for you. You don’t have to do the same, and if it makes you uncomfortable I can try to move on and just be your friend...or even if that’s too weird, I guess we can both move on. But I would love to see where this can go, because I think it’ll be worth the wait.”

“Junhong, you can’t be serious? Do you know how many other great people are out there?!”

“I’m serious. There are nice people out there, but they aren’t you. You’ve handled my busy life already. You’ve met some of my family and I’ve met yours. Sometimes we’re already like a couple, even if we’ve only known each other eight months. You don’t have to wait for me in return, but I’m going to.”

“Of course I would wait for you. I’m happiest when I get to talk with you. And when i see you, it’s like home,” you blush. You purse your lips before you hold up your hand with your pinky out. “I promise that I will wait for the day that I can be with you. Until that day, I will remain your friend. If something changes, I promise to discuss it with you so that we can figure it out together..”

Zelo smiles, curling his pinky around yours, “I promise to wait for the day I can be with you. Until that day, I will remain your friend. If something changes, or if there are any rumors, I promise to discuss it with you so that we can figure it out together.”

The two of you do a small shake, sealing the promise. Before you can pull your hand away, Zelo uses it to gently to pull you into his arms, careful so you don’t fall on top of Mochi. “I hope the time passes quickly,” he admits.

“Me too, me too,” you smile, shifting to hug him better. You stay like that for a moment before you sigh. “I should be headed home.”

“We’ll walk you,” Zelo offers as you pull away. He quickly latches Mochi’s leash before putting on his shoes.

“Thank you for today,” you say as you start walking. “And for walking me home.”

“It was my pleasure. Thank you for inviting me out,” he tells you, cautiously lacing his free hand with yours. “Can you make me one more promise?”

“What is it?”

“That if anything ever makes you uncomfortable you’ll tell me. I won’t kiss you or anything until you’re of age...but if holding your hand or a hug feels like too much, tell me?”

“Only if you do the same.”

“I will.”

“Then I will too,” you squeeze his hand. The rest of the walk is filled with casual conversation and when the three of you arrive at your front door, he squeezes your hand again as you say goodbye. He doesn’t leave until he’s sure you’re inside.

“You okay to make a pit stop?” Zelo asks, and Mochi simply keeps walking. It doesn’t take long for them to reach the studio. He sends his mom a message so she doesn’t worry and sends you a message assuring you he’s safe. With that out of the way, he carefully ties Mochi to a seat leg before settling down at the equipment and getting to work. He takes a few breaks to respond to messages and make sure Mochi is alright.

It doesn’t take long for him to finish the small ballad, but he gives it at least four playthroughs before calling it done. It’s the fastest he’s ever made a song, but he wanted to commemorate the events of the day. He burns the audio to a CD as well as emails himself a copy for safe keeping on his own laptop at home. He’s unsure if he should send it to you, not wanting to overwhelm you. Ultimately decides it can be surprise for when you’re finally of age.

That settled, he picks up the sleeping dog and heads home, splashing some water on his face to wash his cover-up off before he crawls into bed. As he starts to fall asleep he can’t help but think, there’s one less day to wait.