Daehyun- Voicemail 1

BAP Scenarios

You kept playing with your phone, waiting for the call Daehyun promised to make. His performance should have been done two hours ago, he should've called already. You understood he was busy but lately you were lucky to hear from him once a week so when he sent you a text earlier in the morning promising to call when his performance was done, you couldn't have been happier.trans.gif

You sigh to yourself as you debate calling him yourself. You didn't want to see pushy and obsessive, but you couldn't help it. You miss him.  Giving in, you call and wait for him to answer, which, to your surprise, he does. "Oh, _______-ah, I was going to call when we got back to the hotel."

You could hear loud music in the background as well as lots of shouting that you aren't able to understand. "Where are you?"

Daehyun doesn't answer right away and you can hear someone talknig to him in the background before he says, "I need to go, bye," and hangs up. You look at the phone in your hand, did he really just do that?

Did he even care about you anymore? He'd promised that he'd always be there for you, that you'd before his career. He'd held true to that promise. He was always sure to clear up misunderstandings if any little rumors came up. He was the sweetest man you know...and was was certainly a fitting word right now. The same thoughts you had the last few weeks cross your mind again.

Maybe it was time to end things. Everything seemed to be ending anyway, you might as well make it a clean break so you both knew. still, you couldn't help but feel like if you both just talked that it would work out. You quickly typed a text to Daehyun

'Call me right when you get to the hotel. It's really important. We need to talk.' You looked it over, hoping the urgency was clear enough, before sending it. Now all that was left to do was wait and think, and thinking was a dangerous thing since all you did was wonder about your relationship to Daehyun, what he was doing, why everything seemed to be going so wrong. You know it's not your fault, but you still feel like it is. The unbearable thought of Daehyun finding someone better was always on your mind even if he always told you there was no one better. You trusted him...trusted, part of you didn't anymore and you hate yourself for it. The other unbearable thought was, what if he'd already found someone? He already seems to have forgotten you, what if that was because of someone else being in the picture?

No, Dae wouldn't do that, he'd at least end it, you tell yourself. Trying to stop the thoughts you open up the book you'd been reading and began to read. Thankfully it was helping you to think about other things, but it worked a little too well. Before you knew it it was midnight and Daehyun still hadn't called

He couldn’t possibly still be out, could he?

You check your phone, thinking maybe you’d silenced it by mistake and there you see a text from him.

‘Ok.’ He’d sent it around ten o’clock. He’d gotten your message and ignored his promise. Sure, it was late and he could’ve forgotten, but you couldn’t handle it anymore. You set the phone down a curl up in bed. If there was nothing by noon tomorrow, you were telling him it was the end.

 

There was nothing.

He hadn't called, or text. Nothing.

Your hand shakes as you call him only to get his voicemail, cheerily promising to call back later. When the beep sounds you begin.

“Dae, I don’t really know where to begin, I’m just...tired. I’m tired of giving in to your unconditional standards. You probably don’t even realize what you’re doing and I should give you a chance to defend yourself, but I don’t even talk to you anymore. Do you even remember me? I gave you everything, and it seems like it’s not enough!” Your eyes start to water and you work to hold back your sobs. “You could tell me that it’s because you’re busy, but I can’t believe that anymore. Look at last night, I told you we needed to talk and you promised we would, but where’s the call? Why am I talking to voicemail? There was a time you told me you couldn’t live without me, but, clearly, that’s a lie. You’ve done just fine without me. I’ve spent so long worrying and wondering about you and you have no idea. I’m so angry at you and I’m angry at myself for thinking things would work between us when you’re always so busy. I can’t take back everything we’ve done, but we should both forget it. You probably already have, and if you haven’t then I’m sure your bandmates, coordi-noonas, and fans will make you feel all better.”

This was when you broke down into an ugly sobbing, but you managed to keep going.

“I always dreamed it’d work, but I don’t remember that dream anymore because it’s gone! There’s nothing left of us anymore. Have a good life, goodbye,” you sob as you hang up. you curl up on your bed, wondering what to do, everything reminded you of him, and you wanted to forget...but at the same time, you didn’t.

It’s the end, you tell yourself as you continue sobbing, Daehyun will play that message and then it’s over...unless he fights for it. But was he going to fight for it? Was there something to fight for? Could this be fix? You curl up into a tighter ball and cry as you try to stop thinking and let go.