Yongguk- Surprise In Korea (Sequel to Surprise In The States)

BAP Scenarios

You look around as you walk the streets, letting all the memories come back to you. You couldn’t believe you were here again and that it was pretty much how you remembered with the crowds of people walking around. The jet lag is still. getting you, but your excitement overpowered your body’s urge to sleep. You duck into a coffee shop and order a drink; something sweet that would give you a bit of an energy boost for you to keep walking around. As you wait for the order you can’t help but hear a few girls talking excitedly. “I can’t wait to see the video from Vegas,” one bounces in her seat.

“I know! I can’t wait to see it all, I’m not sure which is more exciting; the fact it’s coming out soon, or the fact that when Youngjae revealed the date he posted that picture of Daehyun and then Daehyun retweeted it” a second squeals

“Oh don’t go into the whole ‘DaeJae ir real’ speech now,” the first rolls her eyes.

“Awww is Eunmi jealous that Daehyun is with her husband, Youngjae?” A third girl nudges the first.

“No! And if Youngjae is my husband than Yongguk is your husband,” the first girl huffs. Your ears perk up at the familiar names of BAP; the reason you actually came back.

It’s been three months since Yongguk’s surprise visit and in that time he kept busy with the rest of BAP by releasing three title tracks. It was because he was so busy that you almost didn’t come back...until your grandma forced you by saying “___________, that boy loves you even if you both think you’re just friends and you love him too! Stop moping around here and go after him before it’s far too late.” Truthfully, you thought it already was too late, but she insisted you try and even bought you both tickets since she “needs to see how this goes. This is better than any soap opera on TV”, which is why she was in the small apartment you were renting.

Mindlessly, you take your drink and continue walking around wondering how Yongguk has been and if he’ll even be able to see to see you. This is why you should have told him you were coming, you think as you take a sip of your beverage while strolling the streets and in the back of your mind you know you’re close to the TS Entertainment building. Of course, without even realizing it, you start heading that direction while questions loop over and over in your mind. You were sure he would remember you...even though you hadn’t talked since he left your house three months ago. You told yourself it was because he was just busy, which he clearly was. Still, you couldn’t help but feel like you’d wasted the trip to come since he might not be able to see you with security and all. Stay positive, if you have to just call him and he’ll make the time...hopefully.

Before you know it, you’re standing in front of the TS Building. You look it over before walking forward to see a sign telling you what was on each floor and you had a hunch you’d find your old friend on B1 where the studio was...that or he was in the BAP dorm and you had no idea where that was. With a deep breath, you walk in and head to desk to ask if you would be able to find him there. It’s only after you ask the question that you realize you must seem like a crazy fan coming to stalk him. “I’m an old friend of his, and I want to surprise him,” you add quickly.

The woman gives you a slight frown, “I’m sorry, but you’re not allowed into that area unless you have authorization and I cannot tell you the whereabouts of Yongguk-sshi.”

“Please,” you can’t help the pleading tone in your voice even though you know she’s not going to tell you anything more. She makes a gesture and you see a security guard move closer, ready to deal with you if he needed to. “I swear I’m an old friend,” you pull out your phone to show her the photo from Yongguk’s visit.

“I’m afraid, I’ve seen many photoshopped images and now I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

You hold your phone limply as you bite your lower lip, trying not to do anything rash but you couldn’t just leave either. It was strange, but you knew deep down that he was here. You could call him right now, but you still want to see his face when he learns you’re here. “Couldn’t you ask him to come here?”

“I’m not able to do that. Please don’t make this harder on yourself, dear,” the receptionist tells you.

The jet lag must be getting to you since you turn and instead of heading for the door you head in the direction of the studio. You make your pace as quick as you can before you break into a run since you know the guard is after you and just when you see one of the studio doors, you feel a hand grab your. The sudden stop caused by this other guard made your phone fly from your hand as together the two men pulled you back. “Please, I came all this way. If you just ask him about me or tell him __________-ah is here to see him and he’ll come! We’re friends. Yongguk will come, I swear!” You’re practically screaming as you fight against them before you realize your phone is lying on the floor. “Wait, my phone! I need my phone, please just let me go!”

The men pull you back harder as you keep yelling, angry that you were so close, that things hadn’t gone you way, and the fact that you still just wanted to sleep because of the jet lag didn’t help. you hang your head in defeat, knowing that your phone is pretty much lost at this point since neither male is moving to let you grab it. “Wait,” a new voice calls and it’s one that’s familiar to you, but at this point you can’t place it. The guards stop pulling you away and you hear light footsteps coming closer to you until shoes come into your field of vision. “What’s going on?”

“She was trying to get into the studio to see Yongguk-sshi. She claims she’s a friend of Yongguk’s.” One of the guards say.

“I am a friend of his,” you mutter under your breath, still looking at the floor.

“What was that?” One of the guards asks, shaking you slightly.

“I said that I am his friend,” you look over your shoulder to glare at him. “And if I can’t see him, can I at least get my phone back? I’ll just have to call him myself.”

“So this is yours then?” The mystery person asks and you turn to look at him before gasping. Standing before you, holding up your phone was none other than Yoo Youngjae himself...funny how you were hearing those girls talk about him earlier and now here he was. You can no longer find your voice so you nod, which earns you a smile from him as he holds it out to you, only to hit the lock button in the process so the image of you and Yongguk pops up. “Oh,” Youngjae gasps before turning the device so the image is no longer upside down to him. “It’s almost like...” you hear him mutter before he looks up at you and the guards. “I’ll take care of her.”

“Mwoh?!” The two men holding you ask, clearly startled.

Without a word to them, Youngjae gently takes a hold of your upper arm and guides you away from them before handing you your phone and letting you go. “K-Kamsahamnida,” you manage as you put the device in your pocket.

“You’re just lucky I saw that picture,” Youngjae smiles. “So, are you going to fill me in or do I have to guess?”

“Well, you’re the Brainbox.”

“Alright, obviously you’re here to see Yongguk but ran into trouble when no one believed you.”

“But you did, why?” You question as he pauses.

“Because when we went to the States, Yongguk-hyung went to see a friend and when he came back we all spotted the picture on his phone; a picture similar to the one on your phone. Yongguk-hyung told us about you before, and now that I think about it, I think I remember seeing you once or twice when you would visit him before you went to the States. Now, I’m guessing you came to visit him the same way he did to you.”

“At the will of my grandmother,” you can’t help but laugh. “She’ll be sad she didn’t get to witness any of that-or really anything that’s going to happen-when I tell her about it later.”

Youngjae chuckles before the two of you come to a stop in front of a door. “He’s in there mixing one of his creations so he won’t hear you knock.”

You look at the door before looking at Youngjae, “I really can’t thank you enough for this.”

“Well, I’ll find a way for you to repay me one day,” he laughs before patting your shoulder. “Good luck with everything in there, although I doubt you’ll need it,” he grins before walking away and leaving you in front of the door alone. With a deep breath, you open it and slip inside to see a familiar figure sitting in front of a large monitor with headphones on, their head is swaying to whatever beat is playing. You can’t help but smile as you slowly walk forward to stand behind his chair to see all the different bars of sound levels lighting up as Yongguk’s creation plays. You wonder what it sounds like, but from the looks of all the levels, there’s a heavy beat to it.

You should probably get his attention now or you’re going to be standing here all night, you tell yourself before wondering how to do it. You could simply tap him on the shoulder, but where was the fun in that? Although, you could tap his shoulder and then duck down so he can’t see you...nah, that wasn’t that fun either. Unfortunately, you can’t come up with any other ideas since all you really want to do is hug him so that’s what you do. You slowly wrap your arms around his neck and rest your head on his shoulders as if you’re trying to get a closer look at what he’s doing. You feel him jump slightly before you chuckle and let him go so he’s able to take his headphones off and look at you properly.

When he spins his chair around to see you standing before him all you can do is smile shyly, “Surprise.”

He’s out of his chair in seconds to hold you close to him and you’re just as quick to put your arms around him. You can’t help but laugh softly as you think about how the roles have reversed yet played out so similar. “What are you doing here?” You remember asking him the same thing. “How are you here?” Yongguk asks as he pulls away, only leaving his hands on your shoulders.

“My grandma may or may not have pushed me to come,” you blush and he raises and eyebrow in question. “Well, she knew how much I wanted to come back and since she’s been doing well for a while now and wanted to travel, she decided it was only fitting to have us come here...especially after your visit.”

“I’ll have to be sure to thank her next time I meet her.”

“If you can get security footage of all this that would be enough for her since she’ll wish she’d been around to see all this...especially the part where security tried to get rid of me.”

“What?!” Yongguk laughs. “I can only imagine how that went.”

“Lucky for them Youngjae showed up,” you muse.

“Then I’ll have to thank him for helping you get here, but first,” he leads you to a small little love seat to sit down, “why don’t you tell me how you’ve been since last time?” So you begin filling him on your life, with an occasional question from him, and before you knew it it was nearly dinner time.

“I should be getting back before grandma worries,” you give a small sigh as you see the time.

“I’ll go with you, so you don’t run into trouble,” Yongguk shuts his system down before taking your hand to lead you out.

“Yah, Bang Yongguk,” you say in a scolding tone.

“What?”

“If you’re holding like this there’s going to be a huge scandal if we’re seen.”

Yongguk keeps his fingers laced with yours as the two of you continue walking. “That’s why we’re going out back.”

“Well there could still be people back there, and I don’t need you getting in trouble.”

There’s a moment or two of silence as the two of you exit the building to find the coast is clear and begin to walk to where your apartment is. “____________-ah, for you i wouldn’t mind.”

You feel your cheek burn as you keep walking. It was remarkable that even after so much time apart the two of you could pick up as though you’d never been apart and that he could make you feel the way he did. “You really are something,” you mutter as you turn onto your block.

“Good to know,” he chuckles and you get the feeling there’s more he wants to say, but he doesn’t and you don’t want to push him.

“Oh, um, sorry the place is kind of...messy. We never really unpacked or did anything except pull the dust-covers off the furniture,” you say once you enter the apartment.

“It’s fine,” he reassures and takes his shoes off.

“_________, is that you?” Your grandmother calls before coming to see the two of you. A smile spreads across her face. “So I assume things went well since he’s back.”

“Grandma, we’re just friends,” you laugh.

“For now, and you know I’m right.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Anyway, Grandma, Yongguk. Yongguk, Grandma.”

“Nice to see  you again,” he bows. “Thank you for bringing _________ here.”

“It was my way of thanking her for caring for me,” she smiles before gesturing for him to sit down, which he did. “He’s a got manners, a keeper if you ask me,” she whispers to you before going to sit in her chair and starting to converse with Yongguk as best she can with the language barrier. You roll your eyes and move to make a quick dinner before the three of you settle down at the table to eat.

Once the meal is finished Yongguk was found he had to get back to the dorm before anyone started to worry. “I’ll visit you again tomorrow,” he promises, “that way you won’t get in trouble with security again.”

“You won’t be busy?”

“If we are, I’ll make time.”

“You don’t need to do that, you need to rest.”

“No, I’m going to visit you as much as I can while you’re still here,” he insists, wrapping you in a goodbye hug.

“Umm...Yongguk...I wasn’t planning on leaving,” you whisper.

“You mean you’re staying?” He pulls away to look into your eyes.

“Yeah, I might fly back to the States to take Grandma back if she wants to leave and my cousin agreed to take care of her so I could come back and live my life here.”

Suddenly you feel yourself begin spun around. “This is great, now we never have to have such hard goodbyes and I can see you when I want.”

“I’m glad you’re so excited about this,” you smile as he sets you down.

“Of course I’m happy! Do you know how hard it’s been to have you so far away from me?” He asks

“Yeah,” you nodded, “but now we can hang out whenever you’re free and hopefully any time I want to visit you in the studio I can since at some point they’ll catch on.”

“I’d like that,” Yongguk smiles as he presses his forehead to yours and suddenly your breath hitches at his closeness as you feel his own warm breath on your skin. It wasn’t uncomfortable in the slightest, but still a surprise since in all the time you’ve known Yongguk he’s never really been one for skinship. It just felt so right to have him close like this, even if you were just friends. Slowly, your mind registers that he’s leaning closer to you and instinctively your eyes flutter shut just before you feel soft plump lips against your own. You were kissing Bang Yongguk, the famous leader of BAP and the man you considered your greatest friend.

The kiss was so gentle and loving that your knees felt weak and your mind went for a loop. When he finally pulled away you both had smiles on your faces. “I’ve liked you for so long ___________-ah, and I’m so glad that you’re finally back.”

“Me too,” you smile and lean in to give him a quick peck, unable to believe any of what just happened.

“So, does this mean you’ll be my girlfriend?”

“Of course it does,” you say without hesitation. Some might say this was too fast, but you couldn’t deny your feelings and the fact that the two of you still had these feelings for each other when you had an ocean separating you told you that this was meant to happen. “Now, you should get back to the dorm before you get in trouble with your manager and I’ll see you tomorrow,” you order.

“Until then, sleep well,” he smiles before sealing your lips together once more in another kiss that makes your knees feel weak again. When the two of you manage to part he heads back to his dorm happier than can be while you lean against the wall, trying to calm yourself.

“I told you it’d happen!” You hear your grandmother cheer.

“I know,” you laughed and put an arm around her. “Thank you for all this.”

“There’s no need to thank me, now listen to him a get some sleep.”

“Ok, goodnight Grandma,” you give her a quick hug before going into your room and grabbing your phone. ‘Did you make it to your dorm safely?’ You sent Yongguk the text.

Yes I did, don’t worry about me and sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow.’

‘And probably the next day, and the next day.’

‘Until you tell me to stop.’

‘I don’t see that happening.’

‘Neither do I’

Now we should actually sleep, goodnight Oppa~’

Goodnight jagiya’  You can’t help but smile at the words on the screen as you thought that tomorrow couldn’t come soon enough.