Jongup- Awkward

BAP Scenarios

Jongup turns around as he heard the sound of someone tripping. He’s not sure how, but he knows it’s you. Somehow he always seemed to catch you at a bad time; whether you became skittish and held your notebook to your chest whenever he asked you a question about what he missed due to his schedule, or when you would jump and manage to scatter any papers you were holding everywhere. You also had a bad habit of tripping or walking into people as you apparently went into la-la-land often.

Sure enough, you’re on the ground picking up the book you dropped and there are a few snickers around the room. Apparently it doesn’t bother you since you settle down in your seat as though nothing happened. Jongup notes how there’s not even a small tint of pink on your cheeks as you open your book and start to read. He wonders how you don’t let what goes on around you bother you; he kind of wishes he could get inside your head for a few minutes. Jongup has never really spoken to you aside from getting information on classes he missed, but he always wanted to. The thing was whenever he approached he seemed to lose the nerve to ask you how you handled people’s snickers. He wishes he was able to handle things so well, but he just can’t. He gets shy and embarrassed fairly easily,

Himchan always tries to help boost Jongup’s confidence in small ways, but whenever Jongup is by himself he tends to be a little nervous. Jongup sees you shift slightly as you read and he realizes he’s been zoned out in your direction the entire time, what if people thought he was staring at you? What if you thought he was? Although, you seemed to absorbed in the world created by words to notice. Today he was finally going to ask you your secret...but he had to find a way to do it in private.

 

At the end of the school day, jongup takes a deep breath before finding you, packing up your things. “Um, ___________-ah?” He asks softly.

Even though his tone is soft, you still jump up in surprise and spin around, clutching your heart. “Oh,  oh, Jongup-ah,” you breath, “it’s just you. You scared me.”

“I didn’t mean to...I just want to talk.”

“Oh, sure, what about?”

“Well, please don’t offended, but, well, you tend to be a bit...awkward. I noticed that you never seem to let people’s reactions to you bother you, and I think that’s....awesome, but I was curious as to how you stay so relaxed?” Jongup struggles with the words as he makes his point.

You’re silent and for that moment he’s afraid he’s offended you, but then you start to laugh and even give a small snort before covering your mouth. “I’m sorry, I just really wasn’t expecting that! Especially from an idol like you! Gosh, I don’t even know how to start explaining. Maybe I’ll give you lessons or something...how about you come with me and we’ll do it.”

“What?!”

“Lessons...what were you thinking?” You raise an eyebrow. Jongup feels himself turning red for thinking such a thing, but there were lots of...erted conversations at the dorm that it sometimes randomly clouded Jongup’s mind. “You just failed the first test, come on,” you lightly grab his wrist, “we’ve got work to do.”

“You think it’ll help?”

“Well, if it doesn’t at least we get time together,” you muse and for the first time since he’s seen you, Jongup swears there’s a hint of blush on your face as the two of you walk.