Jongup- Birthday

BAP Scenarios

Jongup walks up alone and instantly becomes alarmed at the lack of your presence. He’s about to panic and call your phone when he sees it resting on the bedside dresser. Slowly, an idea forms in his tired, but panicked mind; maybe you were up making him a birthday breakfast. He smiles to himself before getting out of bed to go find you, only instead of making him breakfast you’re fast asleep on the couch with the TV still on.

“She must have gotten up too early after working late last night,” he mumbles to himself, before putting a blanket over you. You’d been nice enough to sit up watching a movie with him last night so he wasn’t about to wake you now. Since the TV is already on, he settles in to watch a few random animes while you snooze peacefully on the couch.

Three animes later, you start to sturr from your sleep. “J-Jongup?” you yawn.

“Good morning~!” he sing-songs and you can’t help but smile.

“Hmm...so what are we doing today?” you ask, snuggling into the blanket because it’s just so warm. Jongup opens his mouth to say something before closing it quickly in disbelief. Had you really forgotten that today was his birthday?

"It doesn't matter," he smiles out of habit.

"Let's just have a nice, lazy day at home,¨ you suggest, curling onto a tighter ball.

"That might be fun, or we could go celebrate," he hints around for a birthday party.

"Celebrate what?"

"Just that today is today," he creates a lame excuse, hoping youĺl ask just what makes today being today so special. You don't; instead, you lift the blanket and pat the spot beside you to signal Jongup that he should lie with you. He moves to spoon you quickly, wanting your affection after the fact that you really did seem to forget his birthday.

"What are we watching?" you question once heś settled behind you and the anime returns to the screen.

"Attack on Titan," he says in a flat voice. He hadn't meant for it to come out the way it did, but he really was hurt.

"Is something wrong?" you turn to look back at him.

"Nothing, I just feel like I've forgotten something," he says, trying to give you another hint.

"I'm sure youĺl remember soon if you really are forgetting anything," you soothe, giving him a light peck on the cheek, before rolling around to watch the show.

"Jagiya, what if I want more kisses?"

"You don't want to watch this?" you ask, surprise lacing your voice. Jongup was all for his mangas and animes so it was rare that he would set them aside, even for you.

"No, I've seen this one before, so I can I have more kisses?"

"I don't know," you tease, "have you done something to deserve them?"

¨Why don't you just treat them as a present?"

You pretend to think about it before rolling to face him completely. "Just because you're cute," you smile before pecking his lips. He quickly wraps his arms around you while moving his lips against yours in perfect sync. He tries to forget that you've forgotten his birthday, and it works until you pull away. "There, now I shouldn't have to get you a gift for Christmas because I just gave you those," you tease.

"But, there's still my birthday~" he points out, hoping that you will most certainly get it this time.

¨I suppose, but we have time before your birthday rolls around," you state and Jongup feels his face pulling into a frown. You really have forgotten...and so far it seems s have as well since he has yet to receive a single text from them. “How about I get showered and dressed and then we go get lunch, ok?” you suggest, cutting Jongup’s thoughts short.

“Ok,” he says, a small smile returning to his face. You give him another gentle kiss before getting up to get a change of clothes before going to the bathroom to shower. Jongup lets out a loud sigh when the water starts running. Weren’t you able to see how he was hurting? He decides to check his phone for any messages from B.A.P only to find none via text, so he moves onto twitter where countless BABYZ were sending their love. He’s absolutely touched by every word, but at the same time it makes him hurt even more. He loves his fans to pieces, but how was it possible they remembered and the people closest to him had forgotten, aside from his parents?

He signs out of twitter and pockets the device just before you come out of the bathroom, fully dressed and toweling your hair. “Your turn,” you announce so without a word, he goes to grab some cloth of his own before showering as well.

 

“Where are we going?” Jongup questions as the two of you walk around, fully disguised of course.

“I heard really good things about a place around here,” you say vaguely while leading him along. So you could remember reviews of a restaurant, but not his birthday?

“Shouldn’t we save such a good place for a special occasion, like a birthday maybe?”

“Nah, we’re already almost there and it’d be a long wait if we waited for a special day,” you tell him. “Hey, I didn’t realize this place was so close to your dorm!” you tell him quietly so no possible fans could hear. “Why don’t we go invite the others?”

“Sure,” Jongup says, hoping that maybe when they saw him they would realize what day it was. The two of you head up to the dorm and once Jongup has put in the passcode, you walk in.

“Anyone here?” you call out only to be met with darkness and silence. Jongup shifts and flips the light switch only to hear the loud yell of “SURPRISE!” that makes him practically jump out of his own skin. He clutches his chest dramatically with fright as he looks to see the five members of B.A.P, Manager Kang, and you smiling at him. The dorm has been decorated with balloons and streamers along with handmade signs from the party-planning group and some fans. Yongguk passes the cake over to you so you step closer to Jongup and start to sign with the group, who totally destroy the song just to make him laugh. “Make a wish~” you chime while holding the cake.

He thinks for a moment before blowing out the candle and earning some small cheers. “So what did you wish for, Hyung?” Zelo asks curiously while Himchan and Yongguk go get supplies for the cake.

“He can’t tell you, it’s bad luck,” Youngjae teases while ruffling Jongup’s hair.

“I only made a small wish since I really couldn’t ask for anything more,” your boyfriend admits softly while you cut him a piece.

Before he can take it from you, you put some frosting on your finger and then place it on his nose. “You thought we forgot, didn’t you?” Jongup nods slowly, feeling a little ashamed for not believing in all of you. “Then our plan worked perfectly,” you grin and place frosting on both his cheeks as he smiles back. “Happy birthday, my love,” you hold up a small bite of the food that he eats quickly. Honestly, this has been his best birthday, and it’s barely begun.