Zelo-New Years Confession

BAP Scenarios

So, I know that New Years is celebrated differently in Korea, but when I got this idea for the request “When Zelo tries to ask you out but is nervous and stutters” I had to use how it’s done in America. Sorry it’s so short, but I wanted to get this out today before I left to see some friends.

I hope you all have a great 2015!

-Admin Em

PHOTO CREDIT TO ZELOLOVESICK

(7-12-17 tumblr catch up. Scenarios beyond this have been written at various points)

___________________________________________________________________

2014 is coming to an end.

“Are you finally going to do it?” Jongup asks as the group sets up for their party.

“I don’t know,” Zelo sighs. 2014 had been a rough year, and he’d rather not end it on a bad note.

“Come on,” HImchan urges, “you can do it!”

“You really think so?”

“Just keep it simple,” Yongguk says.

“I’ll try,” Zelo nods. The group falls into silence as Zelo thinks things through. He’s had the biggest crush on you for the longest time. He would build up the courage to ask you out, only for his confidence to shatter at the sight of you. You’re just so…out of his league, especially now that B.A.P was facing such hardship lately. He can’t bring you farther into that.

 

Hours later, people start to arrive, yourself included. You greet everyone politely and Zelo can feel his nerves starting to go wild. He wants to ask you out so badly, but he can’t risk you saying no and having things get awkward.

“Hey Zelo,” he hears you call after him as he moves to get some food.

“Hello ___________-ah,” he smiles at you. “Ready for 2015?”

“Yeah, hopefully it’s a better year than 2014.”

“Bad year?”

“Not bad, just not the greatest,” you confess as you gather some food for yourself as well before the two of you sit down to chat and eat. Occasionally people join you, but most of the time it’s just the two of you. Zelo wonders if you’re able to tell how tense he is. He tries to keep it casual, but it’s hard when he can see Daehyun and Youngjae winking at him now and then.

“Are you ok?”

“What?” he asks quickly. Oh no, was he not hiding his thoughts well enough?

“You’re face is a bit red.”

“Oh, I’m just a bit warm,” he lies quickly, hoping you don’t notice the shake in his voice. You instead become distracted by the song that starts to play and Zelo knows it’s your favorite. “Do you want to go dance?”

“You probably shouldn’t if you feel warm.”

“I’ll be fine, let’s go,” he smiles and the two of you go to dance with the other few people that are dancing.

“Just one more hour until midnight!” Himchan announces and the small group of people cheer as the party continues in a blur. Zelo continues to dance with you, only feeling awkward when a slower song comes on. His hand shakes slightly as he offers it to you, but somehow you don’t notice as you take it.

Throughout the room, various friends are dancing together but all Zelo can look at are Yongguk and Himchan dancing together. “Those two are so weird,” you laugh when you see them too. Zelo nods and you look at him. “Is something on your mind?”

“No.”

“Zelo.”

“Just thinking about the coming year.”

“Junhong, I can tell you’re lying. You’ve been acting strangely all night.”

“O-oh,” he says. Here he’d thought he’d been doing decently to hide it.

“What’s wrong?” you ask as the two of you keep dancing.

“W-well, I, u-um, there’s something that…that I-I was-am wo-wondering,” he stutters out, only to bite his bottom lip, he sounds so pathetic. He can’t ask you out like this.

“It’s ok,” you tell him with an encouraging smile as Himchan shouts that there’s only two minutes until midnight now.

“I was-am wo-wondering, i-if y-you’d er, I mean, if you’d like to….do honor of. No, that’s not…what I’m trying to say is….nevermind,” he sighs and slowly steps away from you.

“Junhong, wait,” you stop him, unable to say anything more as he looks back at you.

He takes a deep breath. He’s started this disaster, he might as well finish it. “I was wondering if you would do me the honor of going out with me because I really like you,” he says as quickly as he can. He sees a surprised look on your face and he instantly thinks that he should have walked away from you instead. Shame washes over him, and he slowly turns away.

“Yes,” a soft voice says, making him stop. “I-I will.”

He turns slowly, unsure if he had really heard that or not. “Y-y-you will?”

“Yeah,” you smile as people start counting down the last thirty seconds of the year.

“W-would i-it be…be w-wrong t-to midnight you…at kiss?” he fumbles. “I mean-”

You can’t help but giggle at him as you step closer with the countdown at 10 second. “Happy New Year,” you smile and kiss him as soon as the countdown ends. It’s a short kiss, but Zelo keeps you in his arms when you pull away.

2015 is going to be much better than 2014.