Youngjae-Strained

BAP Scenarios

We had an anon request, “Youngjae hurt his vocal chords Fluff “ and since I’ve felt under the weather myself I wrote this up. This scenario is completely fictional, at this time (and to my knowledge Yoo Youngjae is healthy! 

Please excuse any typos since this was written completely on my phone. I checked it over, but since I’m pretty tired, I’m not confident all mistakes were caught.

Please enjoy! As always, thank you for your support

-Admin Em

(7-12-17 catch up)

Warnings: none

______________________________________________________________________________

With the hussle and bussle of the tour it wasn't surprising that you didn't hear much from Youngjae. What was surprising was that you hadn't heard from him since his break started. The last message he’d sent was from three days ago when he was on his way back to Korea saying that he couldn't wait to see you.

You hadn't expected to see him that night or even the following day. You didn't want to be clingy asking what he was doing, but you were worried. Although your romantic relationship was new, you know Youngjae would tell you if there was a problem. Youngjae always spoke his mind.

He probably got into one of his games, you think.

You decide to find something to do to just as your phone rings with Jongup’s name flashing on the screen. “Hey Jongup, what's up?” you answer.

“Hey _________, are you busy?” Jongup asks, you can hear Daehyun yelling in the background. You can't make out what he’s saying.

“No, I’m just at home. Is everything okay?”

“Well-”

“GET BACK IN BED!” Daehyun shouts. There's a scrambling noise that follows and a few more yells.

“Hey ________,” Daehyun speaks into the phone as the noise continues. “Sorry about all that. Youngjae is sassy I convinced Jongup to call you. Anyway, as Jongup was about to say before Youngjae got out of bed despite my orders, Youngjae has laryngitis from vocal strain and has been too stubborn to text you because he’s idiot that doesn't think this is the sort of news to send over text. And us telling you isn't good enough or something. But he’s a well meaning idiot that misses you and I am not around to play nurse we thought you should.”

You're surprised and confused at the words, but you manage to tell Daehyun you'll be there right away. It's a quick trip to the B.A.P dorm and Jongup doesn't take long to let you in. “He’s in his room,” he tells you instantly. “I’m sorry we didn't tell you sooner, but he insisted.”

“You were respecting his wishes,” you say as you remove your shoes. “I can understand why you did it. Plus he should be able to tell me these things himself. Just promise me if something serious does happen you'll tell me.”

“Promise,” Jongup smiles before he returns to whatever he’d been doing.

You take a deep breath before knocking on Youngjae’s door, although you don't wait for an answer since you're sure he’s been told not to talk. When you enter the bedroom you see a notepad lying beside a lump of blankets that Youngjae is hiding under.

You sit down beside the lump and read his note. “Please leave. I don't want you to get sick.”

“Jae, you're not going to get me sick. Besides, you're worth getting sick for,” you assure him.

The movement under the blankets tells you he’s shaking his head.

Gently, you move the blankets away from his face so he can breathe the humid air and so you can press a hand to his forehead. Your heart clenches at how tired he looks. His eyes close and he melts into your touch. He doesn't seem to have a fever, but you still grab a thermometer and check. Normal temperature.

When you remove the thermometer you ask, “Do you want some water?”

He nods, so you move to get him some. You walk faster as you hear him coughing. When you return you see him writing on his notepad.

You settle down with the water in hand and wait for him to finish writing. When he’s done you hand him the glass and take the pad. “I’m sorry I didn't message you at all. I’m sure you were worried, but I didn't want to bother you with this. It didn't seem right to tell you about this through text, but it should have come from me instead of Daehyun and Jongup. Also, I didn't want you to feel pressured to come here or anything.

“Yoo Youngjae, when I agreed to go out with you two months ago that meant was going to be here for everything. Good and bad. You shouldn't be afraid to tell me your sick or that you need help. Even if we were still just friends I would be here,” you tell him.

He takes the pad back and starts to write again. As he does this, you decide to fill the humidifier up more. When Youngjae starts coughing you ask Jongup,  “When was the last time he had cough medicine?”

“Late last night. He wasn't coughing earlier. It's already in his room.”

With a nod you head back into Youngjae's room to set the humidifier up again before grabbing the medicine. “Take this,” you order while looking at the new note.

Thank you for being the best. I promise that I won't hide anything for you again...except fun surprises. I’m glad you're here. I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too,” you smile, taking his hand to press a kiss to it. Your smile grows as he smiles back at you. How you'd missed that smile. “I hope you aren't pushed too much when the tour resumes.”

Youngjae lets go of your hand to write again. “I’m sure I’ll be fine with you taking care of me now.

“I’ll always take good care of you,” you promise. “Do you want soup or anything light to eat?”

Youngjae shakes his head.

“More water?”

At this he nods so you quickly get him some. When you return he has his laptop pulled out with Netflix open, signalling he wants to watch a movie with you. “You were worried about making me sick and now you want to cuddle?” you tease.

Youngjae pouts at you until you press a quick kiss to his forehead before settling in. He takes his water and selects one of the recommended movies then rests his head on your shoulder. He moves away to cough now and then, but after a while his breathing sounds slow and steady, making you think he’s asleep until you hear a soft “I love you.”

You aren't sure of it's Youngjae or the movie until you hear it again slightly louder.

“I love you too,” you reply, running your fingers through his hair as he nuzzles your neck. “But you're supposed to rest your voice.”

“Couldn't wait,” he grins before yawning.

“Get some sleep, you need your rest,” you tell him. He nods, wrapping an arm around you. It doesn't take long before he’s asleep.