Daehyun-Family Drama

BAP Scenarios

Hey everyone, happy 111511 day everyone! Always remember our team came back. To celebrate (even though this request doesn’t relate oop) here is a request from xiumin120801 on AFF for when you fight with your brother Daehyun and go stay with your boyfriend Yongguk.

I hope you guys like it! - Em

Warnings: some blown-out of proportion responses because angst. 

_________________________________________________________________

It’s been a very long day. Everything that could have gone wrong at work seemed to go wrong. What’s gotten you through everything was the fact that you would at least get to see Yongguk after his busy own busy week. A nice cuddle session with soft music is all you want right now. As soon as you get into your car you hear the soft text alert go off. You expect to see a message saying how he looks forward to seeing you, but instead you see a message saying he has to cancel.

Rather than mope about it, you decide you might as well take some time to pack more of you stuff. You send Yongguk a message, letting him know that you hope he isn’t over working. With an album in progress you know he’s likely to start pushing himself more and more. That done, you head back to the apartment you share with your brother, Daehyun. When you arrive the place is empty, so you decide to message your brother to see where he is.

To your surprise, he replies almost a moment later, ‘I’m leaving the studio! Are you at my place?’

You confirm your location and pocket your phone before preheating the oven. As it heats, you head into your room, maneuvering around your few piles of things that you were organizing for the move. You slip into pajamas and once you’ve changed you hear a soft beep telling you that the oven is ready for the pizza. Once it’s in, there’s a beep from your phone, urging you to charge it soon.

You go to your room, expecting to find your charger in its usual place only to remember that you grabbed it to take to work with you. You look around, only to accept that it was somewhere in your office. Sighing, you go grab Daehyun’s. With that, you head back to your room, putting some of the clothing piles into a box. You’re about to start on some of your personal knick-knacks when you hear the front door open and close, signalling your brother’s arrival.

You can hear another voice, another guy is with him and it isn’t until you go to greet him that you see Changsub. Changsub greets you politely before you embrace Daehyun.

“I thought you would be with Yongguk?” He questions. There’s no harshness to his tone, only a soft curiosity.

“He had to cancel. But there’s a pizza in the oven that should be done in a bit and then I’ll be in my room so you guys can do what you have planned.”

“I wouldn’t mind if you join us,” Changsub smiles.

You smile but shake your head, “I should keep tending to some stuff, but thank you.”

Both of the guys nod as the oven beeps so you make quick work of slicing up the pizza and taking some into your room to eat as you work on packing some of the photos you want at Yongguk’s place.

A soft curse leaves your lips as one of your picture frames falls behind your bedside dresser. You move the little dresser, only to hear a clunk as you do so. Not thinking much of it, you grab the framed photo and set it on your bed before moving the dresser back.

There’s a soft chime from your phone, signalling a text from Yongguk, who offers to get breakfast with you tomorrow to make up for tonight. Smiling, you tell him that would be great. As you’re about to set the device back down, you note that it’s not longer charging.

Puzzled, you make sure the cord is plugged into your phone: it is.

You check the wall port only to see the plug port pulled out slightly, but as you reach to push it back in you see the wires coming out of the end of the cord. It must have been hit by your dresser and finally snapped. It had been frail from all it’s different trips when Daehyun goes on tours.

Biting your lip, you decide to try taping the wires up. It’s too late to get a new one tonight, so maybe you can at least do a temporary repair. It holds a charge for a few seconds before stopping. You aren’t sure why, but you can feel your eyes watering. Maybe it’s the long day getting the better of you. Daehyun is usually laid back when it comes to you, the benefit of being the younger sibling. Although there are times he can be harsh, especially when it comes to his things.

You try to decide if you should tell him know or wait until Changsub leaves. There’s laughter from the other room and you assume they’re watching a movie so you opt to wait. You try to search your room for you old phone charge to at least give him something and keep charging your own.

“Did a tornado go through this room?” your brother’s voice makes you jump slightly.

“I was just...looking for something,” you tell him. “Did Changsub leave?”

“Yeah. Now I wanted to make sure you were alive with all the weird sounds we kept hearing the last half hour,” Daehyun tells you.

“Was I really loud?”

“Not really,” he shrugs. “What’s so important you find?”

“Well, um, I left my phone charger at work,” you begin. “So I borrowed yours...and when I moved my dresser I snapped the cord and I’m really sorry.”

“You broke my charger?”

“Yes.”

“______________, I thought we agreed we wouldn’t mess with each other’s stuff?”

“I know, I just really needed it since my phone was dying. I didn’t mean for it to break.”

“Well you did,” he grumbles. “And now my phone is going to die as well.”

“I can get you one first thing in the morning.”

“That doesn’t help me now!”

You’re taken aback by how he snaps. Something else has to be bugging him, but you’re too tired and stressed to process anything beyond his shout. You’re about to apologize again, only for him to be cut off.

“Why didn’t you just go to Yongguk’s anyway?”

“I don’t have my key yet.”

“You’re moving in with him and you don’t have a key? That should be one of the first things he gave you. I made sure you had a key when you moved in here.”

“We’re just taking things slower. It’s only been a week and keys take time. Is that so wrong?” your voice is getting higher as you feel yourself ready to fight back.

“I think you should make sure that you have a key for where you’re going!”

“Are you in a rush to be rid of me? Because you’re sure acting like it!” You shout, ignoring how irrational you’re being about this. You don’t give him the chance to respond as you grab your car keys and a box. “I’m leaving then. Goodbye Dae!”

You push past him, and even slam the door on your way out. Placing the box in the backseat, you send Yongguk a text asking him to get home as soon as he can. You’re about to start driving before you send another message telling him your phone is going to die so he won’t be able to reach you soon. With a deep breath, you start to drive, reaching Yongguk’s building soon so you buzz his apartment number only to get no response.

Unable to do anything else, you go back to your car to wait and watch for your boyfriend to come back. As you wait you can’t help but reply your spat with Daehyun and kick yourself. You let a bad day get to you and stormed out. You’re sure that your brother did the same, since you’re both very similar. You’re sure if you both had working phone’s he would be calling and texting you apologizing and explaining himself.

Still, you can’t help but feel like you won’t be welcomed back home soon. Or rather to his place. Yongguk’s was your home now. The thought makes your eyes water even more and you finally lose it.

It’s a small tap on your window that breaks you out of your thoughts to look to see Yongguk looking at you full of concern. Quickly, you open your door and wrap your arms around him. He holds you without a word, letting you cry a bit more. “Let’s get inside before you catch cold,” he says softly, kissing the top of your head.

With a nod, you grab your box of clothes that is soon taken by Yongguk as he leads you inside. Tigger is quick to greet the both of you, eagerly your hands in greeting. As you settle onto the couch, Tigger doesn’t hesitate to settle into your lap. It’s as if he can sense you need the comfort. A small smile forms as your scratch behind his ears.

Yongguk hands you your favorite warm beverage as he sits down. He doesn’t say anything, waiting for you to speak when ready. It takes a few moments, but you manage to tell him what happened. “Daehyun loves you,” he says slowly. “As you said, there’s more bothering him than he’s letting on. It’s a very busy time for him, but I assure you that he loves you and you’ve helped him by being home. I think that it’s hard for him to know that soon you won’t be.”

“He has a funny way of showing it,” you huff.

“People make wrong choices when they’re troubled. I’m sure you two will work it out. He isn’t going to be angry about something he can replace.”

You give a soft sigh, knowing this as well.

“I think I have something that might make you feel a bit better,” Yongguk says after a moment. You watch as he gets up from the couch, only to return and press a cool metal into your hand: your key. “I went to pick it up before all my meetings tonight. I’m sorry I didn’t give it to you sooner.”

Smiling, you kiss his cheek. You don’t need to use your words to thank him for this, Yongguk knows. He also knows how tired you must be since he suggests getting ready for bed so the two of you can cuddle. You change quickly and settle under the covers, kissing him softly as you settle into his arms. It doesn’t take long for your body to relax in the warmth so you drift to sleep.

When you wake the following morning, Yongguk is still fast asleep, giving you a chance to admire him as you lie there. You can’t believe that soon you’ll wake up to this just about every day. With that in mind, you press a gentle kiss to his forehead, making him grumble and pull you closer. You chuckle, and try coaxing him awake with sweet words, and soon enough he’s awake and smiling at you.

“Good morning my love. Do you still want to go for breakfast? Because I’m personally very content here.”

“You always want to be in bed,” you tease. “We can stay a bit longer, and then let’s just eat here. I don’t want to go anywhere today.”

“Perfect,” he pulls you closer. The two of you lay there, talking softly about this and that until your stomach begins to growl. “Let’s find you some food.”

“Us. Us some food. You’re eating too,” you tell him as you get up and head for the fridge. As you expect, there isn’t much there that’s a simple breakfast meal.

“We could have ramen,” Yongguk grins.

Not seeing many other options that appeal at the moment, you agree and let Yongguk make his precious ramen as you use his phone charger. You don’t expect any messages from Daehyun yet since it’s a bit early for him yet, but you need it charged regardless.

Once the ramen is done, Yongguk quickly grabs some blankets and puts a movie in for the two of you while you eat. By the time the movie is done, there’s a few notifications on your phone. All of them are from Daehyun.

“I’m sorry.”

“I didn’t mean to be so harsh last night. I just finally had something I could put my frustration and anger on and I didn’t think. I know that’s not an excuse, and I’m really truly sorry.”

Those two messages are followed by three more five minutes later. “I’m sure my words really hurt you, and so I don’t expect forgiveness for a while. But when you’re ready, let’s got out for dinner? My treat.”

“Please at least let me know you’re safe.

“I’m sorry.”

You feel your chest ache at how much he has to be beating himself up. Instant forgiveness washes over you, but you still don’t feel ready to see him. Still, to help him relax you send a reply, “I let a bad day get to me too. I’m with Yongguk and plan to be for a while. I’m sorry too.”

You set the phone down and snuggle into your boyfriend’s side, not wanting to do anything else but relax with him. The day actually puts all the stress from yesterday out of mind.

It isn’t until Monday that you feel stressed again as work becomes more demanding with the start of a new project. You sit through meeting after meeting all day, unable to do any other work. You make time to answer a few emails and prepare for the next day before leaving the office. As you head to the car you check some of the messages on your phone, only bothering to answer Yongguk’s. As soon as you’re home, you make a small meal before settling in for a relaxing bubble bath. The week continues much the same.

It isn’t until the following Friday, two weeks after your fight that you see Daehyun again. You were making dinner when you heard the door open followed by excited barks from Tigger. “Hey Gukkie, dinner will be done soon.”

“It’s....um...it’s not Yongguk,” a familiar voice says slowly.

Your actions halt as you turn to confirm that it is indeed your brother standing awkwardly in the doorway with the poodle running around his feet. Before you can speak up, he does, “I’m sorry to surprise you like this, but you didn’t answer any of my messages and I was getting worried even though Yongguk assured me you were fine. He gave me his key and told me I should stop by since he’s going to work on the album late tonight. I thought he was going to tell you I was coming, but I guess not.”

“Sounds like Yongguk,” you shake your head. “Come take a seat and we can chat over dinner.”

Daehyun does as told, not speaking until you’re seated at the table with him. “How has living here been?”

“Good, but not like back with you,” you tell him. “I’m sorry I didn’t respond to your messages. It wasn’t anything to do with the fight, I’ve just been drained with everything going on at work that I get sidetracked replying to just about everyone that isn’t a co-worker or Yongguk.”

“You work too hard,” Daehyun sighs.

“We both do. And that was why I was so rash to run out on you that night. It had been a very long day and I just couldn’t take any more.”

Daehyun nods as he chews on his mouthful of food. Once he’s swallowed, he speaks, “I was rash as well. What happened was an accident, I know that. I just finally had a stresser I could snap at and get some frustration out. But that’s not an excuse. I shouldn’t yell at you because I’m upset about other things. I’m truly sorry _____________.”

“I’m sorry too.”

“I’ve really missed you. The apartment is lonely now.”

“I missed you too,” you tell him. “How about I come by tomorrow? I have to get more of my stuff and I think some sibling bonding would do us some good.”

“I would really like that,” he tells you.

“How does noon work? You can buy lunch.”

“Deal,” Daehyun grins. With all forgiven, the two of you keep eating and chatting. Mostly you both rant about how busy things are, but you also joke around and tease each other. It isn’t until late, when Yongguk stumbles in the doorway half-asleep that you realize how long you and Daehyun have been talking.

He greets Yongguk politely before announcing that he should be getting home himself. He embraces you, telling you that he looks forward to lunch tomorrow. You head to your bedroom to find Yongguk already lying in bed in just his boxers. You chuckle to yourself as you change and settle in beside him. “Everything worked out?”

“Yeah, thanks to your little surprise,” you muse.

“I’m glad,” he smiles, pulling you into his arms.

You couldn’t be more content than in that moment.