Daehyun-Easier

BAP Scenarios

This wasn’t the scenario I originally thought about posting, but here’s a Daehyun fluff. Happy 2000 days with B.A.P. I hope the boys are getting some much needed rest.

This is a sequel to Not Easy that an anon requested a long time ago.

-Admin Em

 

It took almost a month for him to truly accept she was gone and that he could work on moving on. He kept busy for the most part, and you aren’t sure if that’s his doing or his company’s. You kept in touch as best you can, mainly through text, but sometimes you visit his apartment especially on the bad days.

The bad days were often on the days something big happened in the relationship: the first date, the first kiss, the day he met your parents, etc. Some bad days just happened when he was drained physically and emotionally from his hard work. As always you were there for him. “I know it’s foolish after all this time, but I still miss her,” he would tell you on the bad days.

“These things take time,” you assured him, his dark hair as his head rested in your lap.

Sometimes you would hold his hand as he worked through his emotions. Regardless of how you comforted him, you had to remind yourself he would get through this and not to get involved beyond friendship.

“Thank you for always dealing with me. You make things easier,” he would tell you when he finished.

“It’s not a problem. This is what I’m here for.”

“I’ll make it up to you someday.”

“I’ll hold you to that,” you’d tease.

It’s been a little over a year since she left him and almost three month since you last saw Daehyun. He would send messages now and then, but mostly one worded replies with his schedule.

The last message he sent was two days ago, “I miss you.”

“I miss you too,’ you’d replied, but hadn’t heard anything since. Although, in his defense you could have sent another message except that you didn’t want to seem obsessive or something like that. You could wait, right?

You sigh to yourself as you head into work. It wasn’t a terrible job, but you could definitely you some change in this daily routine. Wake up, eat, work, eat, work more, eat, relax, sleep, and repeat. On weekends you would at least see a few friends.

You make conversation with your work-friends as the day goes at a mind-numbing pace. You feel your phone vibrate in your pocket so at a slow point you sneak a peek at the contact name Daebutt.

Your heart does an excited flip before you force yourself to calm down. He was probably just saying hi. Nothing to get overly excited about. Still, when you get on your break you check the messages, “What are you doing tonight?”

“Nothing, why?” You reply, knowing you won’t hear from him for a while you spend your break checking out social media or chatting with the other people on break.

When your shift is over you start walking home, cursing slightly as the forecast hadn’t mentioned any rain so you left you umbrella at home. You pull your hood up and start walking, the rain stops hitting you about a block away from your apartment. “Because I want to see you,” a familiar voice tells you.

You turn to face your best friend, awe-struck that he’s standing before you after so long. He’s still handsome as ever and your heart skips a beat as he smiles at you. He chuckles at your expression, causing the umbrella he’s holding to shake slightly. Before you can stop yourself you wrap your arms around me. “Ah, it’s cold,” he whines, making you pull away.

“Sorry, I just didn’t expect you here. What were you doing?”

“It’s okay. Let’s get you home before you catch a cold,” he gestures for you to start walking. “To answer your question, I knew you would be heading home from work so I was coming to see you. I caught sight of you and caught up so here we are. You should always carry an umbrella.”

“I just might have to. Thanks for the tip,” you nod.

“It’s nothing,” he shrugs as the two of you enter your apartment.

Daehyun sheds his wet hoodie and makes himself comfortable on your couch as you head to change. “What do you want to do tonight?” You call from your room.

“Can we...just stay in?”

The hesitation in his voice immediately makes you think he’s having a rough day. Telling yourself not to jump to conclusions, you throw on some sweatpants and a clean shirt before settling beside him. “You want take out? I’m too lazy to cook unless you have a special request.”

“Take out is fine,” he tells you before putting his head in your lap. Naturally your fingers comb through his hair, waiting for him to say whatever he needs to say. “_____________, something has been on my mind lately.”

“What’s that?” You prompt gently.

“There’s been...a lot going on lately to say the least and even with everyone around for the schedules, I can’t help but feel something is missing. It took a bit for me to figure out what it is, and I’m still not sure what to do about it.”

“Are you talking about a relationship?” You ask so he gives a small nod, almost curling up into a small ball. “Well, I think if you feel ready to be in a relationship you can start looking for the right person. But don’t jump into anything just because you’re lonely.”

“I already found someone,” is all he says.

You can’t help the tightening in your chest and your hand briefly stops playing with his locks. Maybe this was really why he didn’t talk to you as much. He was giving someone else his attention. “Oh really?”

“Mhm,” he hums as resume your previous actions. “It’s been a long time coming I think. I just don’t want to mess things up.”

“What does your heart tell you to do?”

“To be with them.”

“Then go be with them,” you encourage, moving your hand away from his head. “Don’t let the fear stop you. They will probably be happy to see you.”

Every word out of your mouth makes you feel like a hypocrite. Here you are telling him to tell this person about his feelings when you couldn’t even tell him how you felt for so long.

Daehyun rolls onto his back making you think he’s about to leave so you try looking away. Your attempt doesn’t last long as you see the way he’s smiling up at you. “But do you know what today is?”

“No.”

“It’s the day you and I met.”

You think back through your friendship, surprised that he would know the day the two of you met. “You can still go see them if you want. We can celebrate our friendship another day, I promise.”

A chuckle falls from his lips. “But it is you,” he says softly.

“What?”

“_____________,” he sits up and turns to face you, gently taking your hand. “You and I have been friends for a long time. You have always been there for me, especially when I need you the most...and I can’t believe I didn’t realize what I had in front of me until I couldn’t talk to you as much. I wanted to talk to you every time I was free, but I couldn’t and it was hard. I missed you so much and I realized that you’re the one I should be with. I know that’s cliche, but that’s how I feel...and I have a feeling you might feel the same. But if you don’t that’s fine. We can stay friends.”

His words take time to process. This wasn’t a dream, was it? “Dae,” you squeeze his hand gently, trying to ground yourself. “You have no idea how long I hoped to hear something like this. But, are you sure this isn’t just because you’re lonely?”

“I can see why you might think that, but I’m sure. We’ve like a couple for a while, even when one of use was dating someone else, we stayed the same. I should have seen what I had in front of me sooner, but I hope you can forgive me for taking so long. You are the one I should be with. If you will allow me the chance.”

Your face almost starts to hurt at how wide your smile gets as you practically tackle him in a hug. “Of course I will,” you tell him, burying your face in his chest, taking the situation in a bit more. There’s a gentle kiss pressed to the top of your head before you hear his stomach growl. “What do you say we get some celebratory take out ordered now?”

“Ah you read my mind,” he chuckles. “But I want to hold you like this after.”

“As long as you want,” you assure him before getting up too grab the menu and place the call. It doesn’t take long for you to settle back into his arms, both of you feeling completely at ease.