Yongguk- Surprise In The States

BAP Scenarios

Yongguk looks at the address one more time before going to the door and knocking. A million thoughts run through his mind as he waits. What if you’d forgotten about him? It had been months since the two of you had spoken because of his tour and schedule. It’s been a little over a year since you moved to the States to help take care of your grandmother and since then Yongguk has been doing his best to stay in touch with you since you had been friends for a long time. He can still recall how much it hurt the two of you when you had to say goodbye, but he didn’t want to think about it now; not when he was here.

BAP had been doing extremely well and since the filming for “Coffee Shop” finished early and the rest of his day was free he decided to go to your last known address. He’s about to knock again when the door swings open and instead of seeing you he’s faced with an elderly woman. “Oh, hello Ma’am,” he forces a smile as he speaks in accented English.

“Can I help you?”

“Yes, do you know __________  _____________?”

The elderly woman smiles at him before looking over her shoulder, “_______________!” Yongguk waits to hear you yell something in reply or to come to your grandmother’s call. Instead there’s a silence before your grandma huffs. “_______________! If you don’t come see the cute boy looking for you I’m going to keep him for myself!”

Yongguk feels himself turn red as the elderly woman chuckles. Suddenly he hears rushed footsteps coming “Grandma! You can’t just say that outloud, you’re probably freaking the guy out! You’re supposed to be resting anyway, what are you doing up?” You come to a stop in front of your grandma, totally ignoring the person at the door.

“Well, when i looked out the window there was a nice looking Asian boy coming up the drive. I couldn’t just sit in that chair, I do enough of that.”

“Grandma!” You gasp while Yongguk just chuckles at your expression and the bits he’s gotten from the English conversation.

“I’ll leave you kids alone then,” your grandmother smiles before walking away.

“She seems nice,” Yongguk comments as you stare after her so finally you look at him and your jaw drops.

“Y-Yongguk?!”

“Surprise, __________-ah,” he gives you his familiar gummy smile before you can’t help but squeal and practically jump into his arms. He stumbles back slightly before his arms wrap around you tightly; he’s missed you and clearly you’ve missed him just as much. The two of you are silent as you keep hugging each other until you finally pull back.

“What are you doing here? I thought you’d be busy with the tour and all.”

“So you’ve been watching us?” He grins.

“Well, yeah, just because I’m here doesn’t mean I’m going to forget about you! I was going to come see the show last night but I wasn’t around when tickets went on sale and that was the end of my idea....”

“Well, lucky for us filming finished early and you hadn’t moved away. It seems your grandma is doing well.”

“Yeah, wait, how much did you understand?!”

“Not much, just enough to make it amusing,”

“____________, aren’t you going to let the boy in?! He can stay for dinner!” The two of you hear your grandma yell, making you turn bright red.

“Um..would you want to stay for dinner or are you busy?” You ask, wanting to catch up with him and just have him around. You’d forgotten how comforting and nice his presence was and you didn’t want to see him go so soon. Of course you knew he would have to leave at some point, but you didn’t want him to and he didn’t want to leave either. He almost felt like he was a child again, hiding from his parents when they came to pick him up from a friend’s house.

“I’d like that,” he states before you lead him inside, where he takes off his shoes. “You have a nice place,” he tells your grandmother when he sees her sitting in her chair.

“Thank you,” she smiles at him before looking at you and giving you a look that Yongguk doesn’t understand. He’s just happy to see you again and that you remember him.

“I’ll get started on dinner,” you dismiss yourself and Yongguk follows you to the kitchen without thinking about it. “Oh,” you jump slightly when you turn around after looking for your ingredients and seeing him there. “Are you going to help?”

“Sure, it’ll give us more time to catch up,” he washes his hands before the two of you get to work while chatting about how you’ve both been doing.

Time passes quickly, soon dinner is done and it’s late; Yongguk has to go soon, but he doesn’t want to. He pushes it off until he can't anymore so he sighs, “I better get to the hotel...we have an early flight tomorrow.”

“Right,” you glance at the clock.

“It was nice to see you again so if you’re ever back in Korea make sure you stop by no matter what,” he tells you as he slips his shoes on.

“I will,” you promise. “Take care of yourself and the members until next time,” if there is a next time.

“Take care of yourself as well as your grandmother.” There’s a pause before he asks “___________-ah, could we...take a picture together, for old time’s sake?”

You can’t help but smile at how bashful he’s being before you agree and he takes out his phone. You move closer to him and smile at the camera with him before he presses the button and checks to make sure it looks good. “Now one for me,” you hold out your own photo and get back into place and take the picture and then make sure it’s alright. You put the device in your pocket before hugging Yongguk one more time. “Thanks for visiting, it was really great to see you again.”

“I know,” he whispers as his hold on you tightens. He can remember the last time the two of you hugged like this and that just makes this time even worse. How long would it be until the next time he saw you...if he saw you? Reluctantly he pulls away, “Goodbye __________-ah.”

“Goodbye Yongguk,” you reply before watching him walk out the door.

“You should have kissed him,” your grandmother’s voice makes you jump as you spin around to see him.

“Hey, you’re supposed to be asleep!”

“I wanted a glass of water,” she shrugs before coming to put an arm around you. “you’ll see him again one day, _____________.”

“I hope so,” you sigh as you glance out the window to see his cab turning the corner before disappearing into the night and as it does, Yongguk watches your house until he can no longer see it.