Daehyun- Best Birthday

BAP Scenarios

You didn't know how long you’d spent picking out a piece of cheesecake for your husband, but you were finally home. You placed the cheesecake in the fridge and were left to clean up around the house. Daehyun wouldn’t be home for a few hours yet. He had insisted he spend his birthday with you but ended up being dragged out with the rest of BAP since they wanted to do something fun before they had more promoting to do. You’ve been married to Daehyun  for a little over a year and you’ve never been happier.  Since Daehyun wasn’t always around you’d been planning today for a month since he deserved something special, but then you’re plans had to change slightly.

You smiled to yourself as you finished cleaning the last little bit just before you heard the door open and close. “Yeobo~?” Daehyun called and you rushed to give him a hug. His arms held you tightly and happily “I’ve missed you,” he admitted as he kissed the top of your head.

“I’ve missed you too,” you said as you shifted to give him a kiss. “you guys have been so busy, you need a break.”

“We’ve had small ones.”

“That’s not enough, now come on and just relax. I’ve got gifts for you,” you take his hand and lead him to the couch to sit down. Once he was seated he gave you a look that caused you to laugh and give him a light hit on the arm. “Yah, don’t think so ertedly!”

“Arasso,” he chuckled, but you knew his mind was still wondering. You shook your head and went to the kitchen.

“Close your eyes and no peeking!” You called once you’d taken the cheesecake out. You peeked back to see Daehyun had done as you asked so you picked up the cake and slowly walked towards him. Carefully, you sat down next to him and took a forkful and instructed, “Open your mouth.” He obeyed and allowed you to put the food into his mouth. His eyes snapped open as soon as he tasted his favorite food and then his eyes landed on the rest of it that was in your lap. You couldn’t believe how wide his eyes got before a big smile spread across his features. “Happy birthday,” you grinned.

He leaned forward to give you a peck, “Thank you yeobo. This is amazing!”

“Now just relax and I’ll keep feeding you,” you held up another forkful. He settled back and allowed you to keep feeding him until he took the fork himself. You suspected he was just going to finish the last bit himself but instead he held the fork up for you and allowed you to have some of it. He, of course, still took the last bite for himself.

Afterward he wrapped an arm around you so you leaned against his shoulder. “I haven’t been this relaxed in a while,” he admitted.

“I know, so do you want to just sit here a little longer? I have one other gift to give you, but it can wait a little longer,” you offered.

“How about I get my gift and then we relax?” He suggests and you can tell by his tone that his mind was wandering again.

“Well,” you began, “the thing is...I can’t give it to you yet.”

“What do you mean?”

You shifted away from him to see his confused face. “It needs time, that’s all.”

“____________-ah~don’t talk in riddles~” he whined.

“Then I’ll give you a hint,” you smiled and handed him a small box. He quickly lifts the lid to see a stick with a small plus sign on it. He looked up at you to see that one of your hands is on your stomach before he looked into the box again before it finally clicked.

“You’re pregnant?!” He gasped, setting the box down as you nodded. The biggest smile spreads across his face before he has you in his arms. “I’m going to be a dad? This is happening? Wait, how far along are you?!” He pulled away to look at you.

“Yes, you’re going to be a dad because this is happening. As for how long I am, seven weeks.”

“Seven weeks,” he repeats in disbelief. “Wow. How long have you known?”

“A week, I was going to tell you right away but I wanted to make today special for you so I waited.”

Daehyun’s lips press lightly to yours. “This has been the best birthday I’ve ever had thanks to the babyz, my members, and of course mostly to you,” he kisses you again before looking down as his hand rests on your stomach, “and you too.”

You placed your hand over his before you looked to see his happy expression. It’s only then that you notice his eyes are watering due to the joy. You leaned forward to kiss his forehead, “You deserve it, you’ve been an amazing husband and I know you’re going to be the greatest father.”

“I’ve got a wonderful wife who’s going to be an excellent mother. I wish I could be around more to take care of you, both of you.”

“It’ll help you pass the time, don’t worry. I’ve already been doing what I need to do and your schedule should be lightening up soon so you can be around for all the big moments.”

“I just can’t believe this,” he breathed.

“I know,” you chuckled.

“You should get plenty of rest now,” he slowly removed his hand from your belly to take your hand.

“You should too,” you told him so the two of you quickly go ready before laying down in bed together.

He gave you another kiss. “Goodnight yeobo, saranghae.”

“Nado saranghae, I’m glad you had a great birthday.”

“Great is an understatement,” he chuckled softly and held you close, his hands rested lightly on your stomach as you both feel asleep.