Zelo- Cheater

BAP Scenarios

It’s late, Junhong should have been home by now...he promised. He promised he’d do something special on your birthday, but clearly he’d forgotten since it was getting close to eleven p.m. You heard your phone go off and quickly grabbed it, hoping he was calling to apologize that practice had gone late, or that Yongguk had gotten another idea he made everyone try, or something. Instead you saw a text from your best friend, “_____________, I’m so sorry to have to tell you this, but you need to know...Zelo...is with another girl.”trans.gif

“Not funny, just because he’s an idol and you worry he’s going to cheat doesn’t mean he is,” you sent the message quickly. Junhong wouldn’t do that to you, he was always so sweet. Sure, the two of you had fights, and he was usually busy with work and catching up on his academics, but cheating? You just couldn’t see him doing that; ever.

You saw your phone’s screen light up as it loaded the picture message you were getting. Soon your alert tone went off to alert you that you received a message, but you already knew that since you watched the little bar load. You opened the message only to drop your phone after you looked at the photo. Junhong was indeed walking with another girl and her arm was locked with his. You sat in shock and denial before your alert tone went off causing you to jump as though it were gunfire. Your hand shook slightly as you grabbed it to open the next picture message and once again you dropped the phone after making out the somewhat dark image of the mysterious girl standing on her tiptoes, her arms around your boyfriends neck as they kissed. Your eyes watered as the nightmare was confirmed.

When the next text came it was an apology from your friend, who was now trying to comfort you, “I’m so sorry, __________, I saw them as I was heading to work the late-shift...and I just didn’t want him going behind your back anymore. We can beat him up together if you want, okay? I love you.”

You set the phone down and hugged your knees to your chest as you sobbed. How could he do this to you? Just forget about you completely and be with someone else when he kept promising to do something special for you today. Some idea of special you- your mind came up with a long string of curse words about Choi Junhong as you kept sobbing. You were so engrossed in your mental yelling you didn’t hear the door open.

Junhong set his box containing dessert down on the table before he took off his shoes, ready to lay down and sleep with you beside him since he was sure you were fast asleep by now. Instead he found you sobbing on the couch. “Jughi?” He asked softly but you sobbed harder, thinking it was some memory of the happy times haunting you. That was when you felt arms wrap around your waist and then you were being moved. You looked up to see the face of your boyfriend, actually your ex-boyfriend because you had to end it. You knew you had to and it killed you because you’d been happy and in love, plus the concern in his eyes was making it hard to believe he did what he did. “Jughi, what’s the matter?”

“Like you don’t know,” you choked as you turned your face away from him so he couldn’t wipe your tears away like he tried to do.

“I know, I know I messed up. It’s just, the guys wanted to finish what we were working on and my phone was dead so I couldn’t tell you. I messed up on your birthday, but I swear i’ll make it up to you. I have the entire weekend off so I will spend it all with you doing anything you want, okay?”

Without looking at him, you pulled his arms off your waist and stood up. “go spend it all with her,” you hissed.

“Her? Jughi, what are you-?”

“Stop!” You cut him off with your yell as you spun to face him. There were more tears in your eyes now so you couldn’t see him clearly and that was good. It would make things easier. “I know what you did. How long? How long have you been sneaking behind my back to be with her?! Why wasn’t I enough for you? I’ve dealt with everything! The fans calling you theirs because it’s what fans do, but all I want to do at times is scream that you’re mine! I can’t though because of the press, and I understood that and hid from them. I was fine all the times you left to tour because it’s your dream and your job. Were there others when you went away too or was it just this one? It doesn’t really matter, but I can’t deal with what you did.” You were breathless by the time you finished what you were sure was only the beginning of your yelling.

“Others? Jagiya, what are you talking about?” Junhong asked you and you felt ready to smack him for trying to play stupid.

You found yourself laughing as you blinked with your tears. “Stop playing stupid, you can just confess to it instead of making things worse.”

“I told you what happened though, we were working and wanted to keep going since it was going well,” Junhong said slowly, trying to figure out how to calm you down.

“And what exactly were you working on?”

“Our next music video-”

“LIAR!” You screamed and grabbed your phone to show him the photos your friend sent. “I didn’t know that the new word for cheating was ‘music video’. I thought you loved me, but I guess not. Thank you for such a lovely birthday; it’s been very special like you promised,” you turned away from him to go to your room, but you felt him grab your wrist. “Leave me alone. Get your things and get out. I’m sure she’ll be happy to have you stay with her,” you pulled your wrist away from him.

“____________-ah, please,” Junhong took your wrist again as he had tears forming in his own eyes.

“Don’t,” you warned.

He moved to stand in front of you so you could see the distress in his features. “It’s not what you think.”

“Isn’t that what they always say?” You retorted.

“But it’s true! Just listen to me,” he collapsed to his knees in front of you, taking both your hands as he looked at the floor for a moment.

“I can’t trust what you say, you’re a liar now.”

At this his head snapped up so he could look at you. “N-no, I swear- I swear that everything I told you is true. I really was working on our music video, I can take you to TS in the morning and show you everything we worked on. The photos, that was just acting for the plotline. The girl in that photo is an actress who is playing my friend that I end up confessing to. It was just supposed to be like that, but the director decided to have us kiss afterward. I asked him to reconsider since I had a girlfriend, but everyone insisted. I was going to tell you in the morning so you knew. I would never do anything to hurt you, I even tried to have you play the role, but the manager said it was too risky. People would follow you and question you, but she’s already a well known backup dancer so we could explain where she came from. This wasn’t supposed to happen,” his voice cracked a few times through his explanation. He held your hands tightly as he looked up at you with his watery eyes. “I don’t want to lose you over this. I do love you, ___________-ah, only you.”

You felt your chest clench, everything he told you seemed so true...but you were still scared. He could have anyone anytime. “Junhong,” you said after a moment, “I love you too...but I know there are people who would do anything to have you and there are better people out there-”

“I only want you. There’s no one better. Please, don’t leave me.”

“I-I still want to see it tomorrow, the music video I mean,” you admitted.

“I understand, we can go right in the morning, and then we can spend all weekend together if that’s what you want. I know I messed up, and I’m going to make up for it when you’re ready to let me. I had something special planned, I really did...it’s all just gone so wrong.”

“What was your plan?” You couldn’t help but ask.

“I was going come make you one of your favorite meals, and then I’d bring out the dessert the hyungs helped me prepare before we started working; they wanted to do something for you too. I had a gift for you as well...but I doubt you want it now,” Junhong said the last few words softly.

You sighed, still upset and conflicted. “We’ll see, for now I’m going to bed and you’re sleeping on the couch.”

“Ok,” he nodded and let your hands go slowly and watched you go into your room.

 

The next morning you woke up and dragged yourself out of bed to find Junhong making breakfast that consisted of toast and eggs. You sat down without a word and began to eat. “We can go as soon as you’re ready,” he tells you softly so you nod as  you continue to eat until you’re finished.

After you’d showered and dressed you headed to the TS building with Junhong. The walk was completely silent, but it gave you a little more time to think before you reached the building and followed him to a room. After a few minutes an employee that you assumed was the film editor entered and the computer. “There’s not much too it yet, but I can show you whatever it is you need to see.”

“Everything from last night please,” Junhong asked politely.

With a nod the editor focused on the screen, clicking a few things occasionally before announcing the footage was playing. You watched closely as a few shots of the group dancing played before bits of Yongguk and his actress wife showed. Apparently this video was showing different stages and types of love. Mixed in where a few behind the scenes and then along’s things came up. You felt your chest tighten as you watched him walking down the street with the actress before going to a door and shyly pretending to confess, only to mess up. The next take was done and completely successful before it cut to a behind the scenes of Daehyun interviewing your boyfriend. “So how does our little Zelo feel about his new kiss scene?”

“Minhyo noona is nice...but I feel too nervous to do it. I don’t want to,” Junhong admitted bashfully. “I don’t want anyone getting the wrong idea....”

You knew he meant the fans, and you. He’d been telling you the truth last night, and now you felt guilty for not trusting him. Slowly, you looked at him and after a second he looked at you as well before you wrapped your arms around him, burying your face in his neck. “I thought-I thought you were lying last night; that you were really cheating. I couldn’t help it,” you whispered.

He your hair. “It was a normal reaction to have with what you saw. I’m sorry you had to have those thoughts.I’ll make up for it, I promise.”

“You’re not mad I didn’t trust you?” You pulled away from him to see his expression.

“No, because I know that you’re worry about it, and you saw pictures. To be honest, I’ve had the same worries since i’m not around often...you could easily find someone when I’m gone.”

“No I couldn’t.”

“Yes, you could because you’re the best person in the world and I’m lucky to have you. So now,” he stood up and held out his hand, “how about I work to make up for this so we can forget this?”

“I’d like that,” you felt yourself smile as you took his hand so he could lead you home to give you the meal he was going to make last night, followed by the dessert before asking you to close your eyes.

“I know we’re working past what happened...but I still want to give you this,” you heard him tell you softly. “I hope you know how much I love you and that I always will. I know I’m not around much, but I hope this is something that will always have me close to you.” You felt him take your hand before something was slid onto your finger and then his lips pressed against your knuckle. “You can open your eyes now.”

You did and you instantly took in the sight of the promise ring on your finger and were unable to believe it. He was giving you something so wonderful; his promise to you. You slowly cupped his face and leaned forward to kiss him. “I love you too,” you whispered as you parted. He smiled and pulled away from you completely to hand you the other ring that you then put on his finger. The other night disappearing from your mind completely as he kissed you again before the two of you snuggled up to watch a movie.