Yongguk- Connection

BAP Scenarios

 

You lightly hit a few keys on the piano, sending the soft pitches to your ears as you also began to hum along. The notes begin to crescendo, but still remain at a pianissimo before quickly switching to an intense forte until the final note rang out, slowly damping to silence. You jump as someone claps behind you, “Yongguk-shi!” you gasp upon turning around.

“____________-ah, I thought we were past the formalities?” he chuckled, taking the spot beside you on the piano bench.

“Well, you startled me,” you huff, not really angry at all.

“Yes, yes, so what you were just play, was that something for B.A.P?”

“No...just something I made up on the spot...I’m not even sure I could play it again,” you admit looking at the black and white keys laid out before you. “Did you have anything you wanted my opinion on today or are you just here for light chit-chat?”

“Well, I did have something personal I was working on,” Yongguk reaches into one of the nearby folders and pulled out some sheet music that is then passed to you. You look it over before setting it on the built in stand on the piano.

“Let’s hear what it sounds like,” you say before starting to play as the paper instructed. Occasionally, Yongguk would scribble down a few things on a separate sheet of paper that he plans to change or that he likes. “It’s got an excellent sound so far,” you muse.

“I’m just not sure how to finish it....” Yongguk admits and you find that incredibly strange. You’ve only worked with him once or twice now, but he never had trouble finishing a song. You think for a moment before playing a the last few measures of what he has before adding your own idea to it. “That was good,” he nods, “but what about this?” He begins playing the same few measures you had just played before making his own ending on the spot. You consider it over carefully before playing again, mixing some of his technique into what you’d done previously.

Liking it, Yongguk takes the paper and writes in the notes you’d played before singing something softly to himself. “Oh, you have lyrics?”

“Yeah,” he says before pulling out another piece of paper with lots of scribbles all over it. You look it over with a smile at how it was a song thanking the fans for their support and love.

“This is...perfect,” you tell him, lacking a better word.

“Thank you,” he gives you a gummy smile.

“Oh, I almost forgot, I had some lyrics the managers wanted you to look over,” you say before taking out another folder to look through. You find the piece you were looking for followed by a CD that matches it. “This is one for you and Jieun to do sometime in the future,” you explain, handing him the items only to grab more papers and another CD, “and this one is for all of B.A.P. There’s just no recording of the lyrics.”

“Are there lyrics on the one for Jieun and me?” he raises an eyebrow.

“They had a trainee record it with me since they wanted to hear him in a studio as he may or may not be ready to debut soon,” you explain. Yongguk nods in understanding before standing up.

“I will see you again tomorrow.”

“Have a good night,” you smile and he returns the well-wishes before going back to the dorm.

“Oppa!” a voice says from behind him as he nears the dorm door. He turns just to have his girlfriend rush into his arms. “I missed you...so I thought I’d come surprise you with a visit,” she smiles up at him, making him smile in return.

“I am definitely surprised, but i have a few songs to listen to...how about you listen too?” he suggests and she gets excited as she follows him into the dorm only to be greeted by everyone while Yongguk went into his room to put the CD meant for B.A.P into his stereo. He waits for his girlfriend, knowing she’ll be upset if he starts without her. Moments later, she enters the room and settles down beside him as he hits play while looking at the lyrics.

The lyrics flow quite nicely with the beat, although Yongguk does write down a few changes to some words to fit a bit better. When the track ends he plays it one more time for good measure as his girlfriend leans against him. This time when it ends, Yongguk pops it out and places it carefully in its case before putting the next one in.

“Oh, this one has words,” his girlfriend muses as the trainee started to rap.

Yongguk doesn’t really hear her words as he focuses on the lyrics and pitches. They’re fitting for a love song about the strength of love--as cheesy as that may sound, the song is extremely well done thus far. He’s surprised when your voice comes in to sing what would be Jieun’s part. You sound beautiful as you poor emotion into each word to the point that it’s actually giving him chills. He can picture you in the recording studio, and he can’t help but wonder what you were thinking as you sang.

“Her voice is pretty,” Yongguk’s girlfriend muses.

“Yeah, she’s worthy of being an idol herself,” he says absentmindedly as the track continues for another minute before stopping. “So what did you think?” he asks his girlfriend as he puts this CD away.

“Well, the first one sounded rough and hardcore so I like the second one better. It was really pretty,” she muses and Yongguk suddenly wishes you were with him instead so the two of you could have a meaningful conversation about the songs. You understood the things he did, heck, sometimes you even knew what he was thinking before he said it. The thought comes to an end as his girlfriend takes his hand, “How about we go to dinner, oppa?”

“Ok,” he agrees and the two head out for a meal.

 

The next day, you’re in the studio, working on a song for Secret when the door opens behind you and Yongguk walks in, placing the songs he’d looked over last night beside the one you were working on. “Did you like them?” you ask, not even looking at him as you jot down a few more notes on the sheet music.

“I made a few adjustment to some lyrics on the song for B.A.P, but otherwise it was a fit style for us while also thanking our fans,” he said, making you put your pencil down to look at his changes.

“Well this one,” you point to one of the changes he made, “was a quote from Himchan. I used quotes from all the members in here...so I don’t think he would be pleased to see his was changed.”

“That would make sense then; it was a clever idea,” Yongguk compliments as you undo the change.

“Thank you,” you blush before resuming looking over the other changes to find that, it was indeed, better than before. “You have such an excellent way with words. I can easily follow your thought process as to how you chose the changes.”

“I might say the same about you. Your singing as well has a tone to it that let’s the listener feel the emotion in it; you ought to try to be an idol yourself.”

You shake your head, “Nah, there’s no pressure this way; plus, I can still be friends with all the people here rather than running around preparing for a tour. Thank you for the compliment though,” you smile at him.

Yongguk feels his heart beat move to a fast beat as he smiles back and he can’t help but think about how much you understand him. How good the two of you would be together. The urge to kiss you becomes too much for him, and before he knows what he’s doing, he’s cupped your chin and is leaning toward you. Your lips are soft he discovers as his lips press firmly, but still gently, to yours. You stiffen against him, surprised by the action while everything inside you is fighting not to return the kiss. He has a girlfriend, you’ve seen them together; this wasn’t right. Still, you wanted to kiss him back so badly it practically hurt as you managed to push him back,

“Yongguk-shi,” you say as firmly as you can, “you have a girlfriend. I think...I think you should go now,” you look away. You don’t hear him walk away so you peek at him to find that he hasn’t moved. “Go,” you order.

“___________-ah,” he says gently, “I...I’m sorry.” He knows what he’d just done wasn’t fair to you or his girlfriend. He just wasn’t able to help himself, and he still wants more. Not in a ual sense, but in a romantic way. He wants to take you out for a nice meal, spend time watching his favorite movies with you, making music, and just being with you. Right now is not the time for that, and he’s probably messed up his chance for that in the future because you were always going to remember this.

He slowly leaves the studio, taking one glance back at you before shutting door. When you hear the door click you finally let your tears fall. A great guy like Yongguk had just kissed you, and you had to push him away because he already had a girlfriend...but was he really that great if he’d just done that while having a girlfriend? You wipe the moisture from your cheeks and take a deep breathe, there was no point in this crying since it wouldn’t change anything. You take a new piece of paper and let words flow out of the pencil without even thinking about it until you finish, only to find that you’ve created a song about deception and pain.

You want to create a song to go with it, but you’re actually quite drained for some reason so you put the song in a folder before locking up and leaving the building completely to go home. All you could do as you went was think. Part of you wants to hate Yongguk for putting you through this, but every time you think of the feeling of his lips on yours you can’t hate him. If he were single things would just be so much easier, but life wasn’t always easy. The biggest problem would be facing him again...but you decide to worry about that when it comes to that moment.

 

That moment doesn’t come for a week, and when it does Yongguk looks hurt and you feel hurt as well. What was he going to do this time? “I broke up with her,” he tells you.

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. She and I weren’t working...I’m just sorry I messed things up with you, because i know you hate me,” he holds up a piece of paper that you then take to find the lyrics you’d written on the day he kissed you.

“I don’t hate you, I was just upset. You’re a great guy, and if things had been different, I would have kissed you back because i want to and I still do want to.”

“So you would give me a chance?” he asks hopefully.

“Yes, but not now. It’s too soon after your break up, and I don’t want to be with you after you left your girlfriend so soon,” you say and suddenly he’s embracing you.

“I understand,” he whispers before kissing your temple and all you can do is smile as you hold him tightly before leaning up to kiss his cheek as the two of you continue to embrace in the hallway. The promise of someday soon was enough for both of you, although you had a feeling that someday would be very soon.