Daehyun-Family Time

BAP Scenarios

Please remember to stream Honeymoon and do what you can to support this comeback! In honor of the comeback, here is an anon request for Dad!Daehyun.

Warnings: None

_______________________________________________________________________________

“Are you sure Appa will be there?” your five year-old daughter asks from her place in the backseat.

“He won’t miss your first performance. He’s so proud of you for joining dance and I know he’s looking forward to seeing you on stage,” you assure her. “And afterward we can go wherever you want for dinner after we pick Hyunwoo up so the sitter can go home.”

She grows quiet, watching out the window as you get closer and closer to the place the dance recital is being held.

“You’re going to do great.”

“What if I mess up? Will Appa be disappointed in me?”

“Daeun, he’s going to love you no matter what happens today. Even if someday you change your mind about being an idol someday, he’ll support you. You’re his baby girl and always will be, remember?”

She gives a slow nod, as you pull into the parking lot.

“I promise that I’m going to cheer for you no matter what. It’s okay to be nervous, but have fun with it too,” you encourage. “Do you want to sit here for a bit before we go inside.”

“I think I’ll be okay,” Daeun sighs, unbuckling her seatbelt so you do the same. “Will you help me with my hair?” She asks as the two of you head inside.

“Of course sweetie.” you follow her to the area where some of her dance classmates are also getting ready. Some of the parents work to help get the kids and stage ready while you brush through her hair, making sure that it’s secure and won’t fall in her face. “Good?”

“Thank you,” she smiles at you.

“Do you need me to do anything else or I’m going to go find our seats?”

“No thanks.”

“Okay,” you press a kiss to her forehead before going to find your seat and waiting. You send a quick text to Daehyun to ask where he is.

“Right here,” his familiar voice says as he settles in the seat beside you. He gives you a quick peck. “How is she?”

“A bit nervous, but she was better when I left her.”

Daehyun nods thoughtfully. “She’ll feel better once she gets started hopefully. Are you sure her teacher is going to record?”

“Yes, they don’t want everyone having cameras out. So enjoy the moment. She wants to make you proud,” you take his hand.

“She will.”

Almost as soon as the words leave his mouth, the lights dim and slow hip-hop beat comes through the speakers. Kids start to appear on stage during their cues and you can see Daehyun perk up as soon as Daeun steps out. There’s a pause as the parents clap at everyone on stage, but as another song starts, the audience quiets down. Both you and Daehyun keep your eyes on your daughter, who has a big smile on her face most of the time. The rest of the time she has a look of concentration during tricker parts.

When the performance is over Daehyun is practically the first one on his feet to cheer and you’re quick to do the same until Daeun leaves the stage. Soon enough you spot her come out from the backstage area and as soon as she spots you and your husband she rushes toward you. Daehyun barely has enough time to kneel down before she reaches him.

“You did so well sweetie!” he cheers, hugging her tightly.

“Really?”

“Of course. You will have to help me be a better dancer.”

“But you're really good!” she insists.

“Well then we will dance together soon, okay?”

“Okay,” she giggles before moving to hug you.

“I’m so proud of you,” you kiss her cheeks, making her blush slightly. “Are you ready to go get your brother?”

Daeun nods, taking your hand and Daehyun as you head outside. “Can I go with you?” she asks your husband.

“Of course,” he grins before giving you a kiss. “Race you home,” he jokes.

“No racing with our daughter,” you laugh.

“Whatever you say my love.”

With that you part ways, with you arriving home shortly before Daehyun. You head inside and pay the sitter before picking up the two year-old. “Did you behave?”

Hyunwoo smiles at you. “Yeah.”

“He got a little cranky when he woke up from his nap, but was good otherwise,” the sitter tells you.

“Thank you again for your help,” you tell him.

“Any time. Take care,” the sitter grins before leaving as to not interrupt the family time.

Once Daeun has changed, Daehyun asks, “So where does my little star want to go for dinner?”

As expect she tells you one of her favorite places that has a few games to play before and after you eat. You put Hyunwoo in his car seat and make sure Daeun is buckled in before Daehyun heads there.

You aren't sure who is more excited when you get the small cup of tokens: your husband or your daughter. You place your number on the table before following to watch the two play Whack-a-mole, both shouting as they hit the moles. Afterward the three of you each do a water gun race with Hyunwoo clapping happily in Daehyun’s lap.

“We won,” your husband cheers, tickling his son’s sides to earn a laugh.

“I got second!” Daeun cheers as she finishes.

“Better step up your game my dear,” Daehyun teases before your number is called out. As you eat, Daeun talks about anything and everything that comes to mind. Hyunwoo occasionally says a few random things, but mainly lets out excited noises as he looks at the games.

Once the food is gone and your stomachs have settled, you go back to playing some of the games to earn enough tickets for the bear Daeun wants.

“Thank you for helping me,” she squeals, holding the new stuffed animal tightly.

“Do you want to play anymore games?” you ask you see Hyunwoo rub his eyes before he cuddles into Daehyun's shoulder.

“No,” your daughter tells you so you head for home.

Without a word Daehyun takes Hyunwoo to his room while Daeun gets ready for bed. “Do you want a bedtime story?” your husbands asks her when he returns.

With an excited squeal your daughter nods quickly. You lean against her doorway while Daehyun sits on the bed, Daeun leaning against him as she cuddles the new bear. Softly, Daehyun begins to read the fairy tale book, lulling the girl to sleep by the end. He carefully shifts her, pulling the sheets around her before leaving the room.

He quietly leads you away from her room and into your own so the two of you can relax together. “I love days like this,” he tells you. “We raised two wonderful kids.”

“We sure did,” you smile, kissing him gently.

“I think tomorrow or next weekend we could go to the zoo.”

“Hyunwoo would probably like to see the animals,” you muse. It warms your heart to see the smile on his face at the thought of more adventures with the kids. His smile only grows as you move closer to him to enjoy his presence while he tells you other things he wants to do.

“Although, we should save our money for when we get baby number three.”

You give a small laugh, “We’ll see about that. Hyunwoo needs to be a bit older first.”

“I know,” he presses a kiss to your forehead. “I’m happy with our family whether it grows or not.”