Jongup- Still Awkward

BAP Scenarios

Sequel to: Awkward

Jongup has grown more comfortable around you with each “lesson”. Truthfully, they weren’t lessons at all, mostly it was the two of you hanging out and just having fun. “The way I do it is just natural, I guess. You just have to do lots of silly things until you don’t even think about it anymore,” you’d said. Apparently it was working since the members noticed the small change in Jongup. He was still shy, but whenever things happened he didn’t seem uncomfortable about it.

There’s still one question Jongup has for you, and today as they two of you play the park he decides to ask. “___________-ah?”

“Yeah?” You ask as you swing on one of the swings.

“Do you ever worry about boys?”

“Jongup-ah, is there something you want to tell me?” You laugh.

“No,” he says without missing a beat as he starts to push you on the swing. “I mean,  don’t you ever worry that they’ll avoid you because of how you are? I don’t mean it in a mean way, but people hear things so...” he trails off, feeling like he’s hurt you.

You’re silent before you jump off the swing and face him. “No, I don’t worry about it. I told you before, you can’t worry about what people think of you. If people are going to assume things about you and judge you before getting to know you, then you don’t need them in your life. If a guy is going to avoid me for who I am, why would I want him around me?”

“Right, right,” Jongup nods.

“Are you worried about the fans?”

“A little.”

“They’re always going to love you. They think you being awkward is cute; they love the smile that never seems to leave your face; the way you can dance so effortlessly; the way you can sing so beautifully; and so many other things. There are thousands-if not millions-of fans out there that are going to love you so if some people stop it’s their loss! Besides, you haven’t changed that much, and you might make more people love you,” you reassure him before muttering something he can’t catch.

Without hesitation, he grabs ahold of the swings chains to hold you in place, “what was that last part?”

“Nothing.”

He steps before you and you look away. He continues to wait for you to speak, but then after a moment he catches on. “___________-ah, you like me, don’t you?” He waits, but you make no move to show that you do or don’t. With a deep breath, Jongup leans forward and lightly presses his lips to the top of your head. “I have enjoyed spending all this time with you, it’s been really nice to forget my busy schedule...and I would be very happy to spend more time with you...and call you my girlfriend.”

You look up at Jongup with wide eyes. “Y-You really want to date me?”

“I do,” he nods, “so do you want to go out with me?”

“I do,” you smile before laughing. “Maybe one day we’ll be saying those words in a church....Ok, too soon for wedding jokes.”

“You’re so silly jagiya...can I call you that?”

“Yes, you can,” you stand up and wrap your arms around him. “And you’re still awkward.”

“We’re just an awkward couple then,” he laughs while holding you close, not even caring that the other people in the park were looking.