Daehyun-Please Don't Make Me

BAP Scenarios

“Daehyun! Put on these pants right now!”

“No. I don’t want to.” He whined through the door.

Eyes rolled at the closed door you were forced to talk through. It was less than an hour before the boys were up to perform and your close stylist unnie had to call you over to help her handle Daehyun.

She had been the BAP stylist since their debut and he just loved to give her a hard time. When you had first began your stylist venture you were her assistant during BAP’s debut. The group had grown to know you well, and still to this day, Daehyun would only listen to you.

When desperate times called for desperate measures, unnie called you.

And once again, here you were.

*Sigh*

“Daehyun, really this is childish,” you reasoned through the door.

“I don’t care! I’m not going out there!” He insisted.

“Just open the door.”

“No!”

“I brought homemade cheesecake,” you sang. There was a little shuffling before the door opened just enough for you to slip in and have him close the door behind you. You spun around to face Daehyun. “Oppa, what’s going on? You’re usually never like this.”

“I just...don’t want to perform today,” he said quietly as he curled into a chair in the corner.

“If you perform, I’ll let you eat the cheesecake,” you taunted, showing him the container with the cake that you were holding.

Daehyun looked at it longingly before shaking his head. “No...I would rather not perform today,” he murmured.

That’s when the alarm bells really went off in your head. Daehyun refusing cheesecake? It almost seemed to be an impossible occurrence.

You put the cake on the counter and pulled up a chair next to him. “Daehyun, what’s wrong?” You questioned gently. After a minute of silence, you asked, “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” he mumbled, not meeting your eyes.

Your gaze hardened. “Don’t lie to me.”

He didn’t respond.

“Daehyun.” You put a hand on his shoulder and he winced before shying away. “Omo, are you hurt!?” Alarm flooded your senses. “Is that why you won’t get ready? Because your hurt and don’t want to perform?”

His silence only confirmed your point.

“When did it happen?” You asked, trying to meet his gaze.

“A few days ago...during practice,” he said with shame.

“...and you didn’t tell anyone?”

“It didn’t hurt as bad then. And the days after it seemed to get better on its own, so I didn’t think about it. But today, it hurts. Really bad.” His eyes watered as he finally looked up at you. “Just don’t make me perform, please. It’ll hurt too much. I don’t,” he took a shaky breath to steady his voice, “I don’t want to show a weak side to the fans.”

“Oh oppa I won’t make you perform,” you reassured and let him lay his head in your lap. “I’ll explain to them, and they’ll make it better. Everyone will understand, the fans will understand. You won’t have to hurt anymore,” you his hair as wet droplets fell onto your clothes from his silent crying.

Tears streamed down your own face and his voice cracked as he asked, “Can I still have the cheesecake though?”

A smile broke through as you replied, “Of course you can.”

 
_____________________________________________
Kinda short, but wrote it for a contest sometime back and just posting it now. Hope you liked it! Leave requests in the comments or message us :)
Admin BNB~