Daehyun-Take Care Of You

BAP Scenarios

#HappyBabyHyunDay to the wonderful Jung Daehyun. Thank you for everything you do Daehyun, I hope you know how much babyz love you!

Here’s an old anon request for when you’re injured on a variety show and Daehyun takes care of you!

-Admin Em

(7-12-17 catch up)

Warnings: cheesy fluff

____________________________________________

You aren’t sure how it happened. You remember turning a corner and then you were on the ground in pain. You tried to stand, not wanting to quit the game, but immediately the pain causes you to fall against the nearby wall. “Are you alright?” the cameraman asks.

“Yeah, I’m al-OW,” you hiss as you try to stand again.

“_______________!” You hear Daehyun’s familiar voice shout as he comes racing by, narrowly avoiding your group’s leader as she chased him. You vaguely register the questioning look in his eyes as he kept running.


“I’ve called someone over to check you over,” the cameraman informs you.

“Thank you. Do you need to get back to filming?” You ask as you settle back on the ground. You don’t want him to get in trouble for waiting with you.

“If you’ll be fine on your own I probably should.”

“I’ll be fine as long as I stay put. Thank you.”

With that he takes his leave and you look around, listening to the vague shouts of B.A.P and your own group as the hide and tag game continued. It didn’t take long for the medic to find you and for you to explain what hurts. Her hands are gentle as she looks at your ankle and side. You try not to whine too much as the examination continues. “You’re definitely going to be bruised up,” she tells you. “The ankle may have a fracture,  so we’ll want to get that checked.”

She gestures to her assistant and together they help you up and into a small cart to chart you to where they can check you out more. “___________?” Himchan questions as he comes to a halt nearby only for your group’s rapper to collide into him.

“Sorry! Oh, _____________, what happened?!”

“Potential ankle sprain. It’ll be fine. Keep playing,” you insist.

The two exchange glances, clearly wanting to make sure you’re okay but also knowing they have a duty to participate in the show. A small smirk forms on Himchan’s face as he tags the rapper, earning a point for B.A.P before he rushes away. You laugh as you head away from the game.

Sure enough, your ankle has a small fracture. The medic explains everything to you just as B.A.P and your four group members appear, signalling that filming had ended. A small bit of guilt weighs on you for missing the end. You shouldn’t have run to a new hiding spot so recklessly.

The group leader immediately starts fussing over you even when you inform her that you’re fine. She goes to check with the doctor, insisting she know the best way to take care of the injury. “So accident prone,” Youngjae tease, pinching your cheeks gently.

“Shush.”

“Leave _______ be. The injury is enough,” Himchan slaps Youngjae’s wrist so he lets you go.

“At least our promotions are over,” one of your members says.

“Yes, __________ will have lots of time to rest,” Yongguk nods.

“Does it hurt badly?” Jongup asks you.

“Not really, they gave me some medication so it’s dulled the pain a lot.”

“I can carry you to your car,” Zelo offers.

“Thanks Jello, but I can manage.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“Positive?”

“Yes,” you chuckle. Sometimes his young age was clear. Himchan leans over to whisper to the maknae, causing the two to smirk. “What?”

“Nothing,” Himchan smirks.

“We should get going,” Yongguk says as your group leader returns.

“It was nice seeing you all again,” your leader smiles at him.

“Take care,” Daehyun says, causing you to look at him in surprise. He was usually so much more talkative. Sometimes when the two of you hung out, you couldn’t get him to shut up. Especially if Youngjae was around. But this was the first time he’d spoken since he ran past. As your members help you to the car, you try and think about what he’d been doing, but you don’t even remember him standing around you.

“Earth to ___________,” a voice makes you jump.

“Huh?”

“I think you should stay at the dorm or my place so that someone can help you,” the leader tells you.

“No, no. I don’t want to be a bother. I can handle myself at my place. I’m just going to lie in bed with some Netflix. Or catch up on sleep.”

“Only if you promise to call if you need anything,” the youngest chimes in.

“Cross my heart,” you vow.

They drop you off first, all of them helping you into your apartment and into bed. It took another five minutes to convince them to leave. You settle down, pulling out your phone to check social media. You debate announcing your injury now or letting an official statement come out when the show would air next week. You’re about to set your phone down when you get a text alert from Daehyun.

“Are you home safely?”

“Yes. Why?

Seconds after the message sends your phone starts to ring. “Hey Dae,” you answer.

“Hey, I got you some soup to be neighborly and thought I would drop it off,” Daehyun tells you.

“You didn’t need to do that.”

“Sure I did. What are friends for? You’ve made me soup before since I moved into the building. Do you have a spare key hidden in the hall somewhere?”

“I can get up to let you in.” You start to get up.

“Nevermind, your door is unlocked. How dangerous, just anyone could walk in,” you hear his voice through the phone as well as in the other room.

“You’re the only one I need to worry about apparently,” you tease as you hang up.”In here,” you call out and a moment later he’s in your room.

“Settle back into bed. Doctor said plenty of rest,” he orders. Rather than argue, you settle into a seated position and take the styrofoam bowl of soup from him. “And you should have your ankle propped up.” He takes a pillow from beside you and carefully grabs your leg just below the knee, placing the ankle on the pillow. “There.”

“You’re worse than my leader and she even talked to-wait,” an idea pops into your head. “Daehyun, did you talk to the doctor too?”

A pink tint covers his cheeks as he gives a bashful smile. “Yeah. Now eat the soup.”

You smile to yourself but do as he says. A comfortable silence falls between the two of you. The two of you didn’t get to see each other very often with your busy schedules, but once he moved into the building you spoke more often. You’d hang out at each other’s apartments to watch movies or have a game night with a few other friends. You weren’t a couple, but the two of you worked well together.

“Do you need anything?”

You shake your head as you continue eating.

“Okay, if you do, just let me know,” he moves to leave.

You gently grab his arm and quickly swallow the soup in your mouth. “Watch a movie with me? You should rest up before your schedule starts again.”

“That would be nice,” he says, taking the emptied cup from you to throw out. You start to get out of bed, grabbing the crutches to help yourself to the couch. You don’t get very far since as soon as you’re almost standing you find yourself in Daehyun’s arms.

“Hey! I can get there myself,” you tell him.

A small chuckle escapes him. “You would probably fall using those. Besides, this is faster,” he tells you as he sets you down. “Do you want a blanket?”

“Sure.”

“Okay, find us something good and I’ll get that and some snacks.”

You quickly pull up Netflix, browsing through the movies as Daehyun raided your cupboards. You load something that sounds good and check your phone to see your group checking on you.

I’m fine. Daehyun and I are going to watch a movie,” you tell the group chat.

Oh, Daehyun is there?

“What did you pick?” Daehyun asks as he sets snacks down.

You tell him the title of the film before telling him to smile. You snap a photo of him holding your blanket and send it to the group, only for them to tease you about your relationship. “Just date already.”

You say nothing and set your phone down as Daehyun puts the blanket on you and props your foot on a pillow before he settles down beside you. He puts an arm around you, allowing you to lean into him so you’re more comfortable as the movie starts.

Despite the interesting description and high match rating, the movie doesn’t hold your interest so you end up falling asleep. When you wake to the sunlight coming through the window you shift to try and cover your face, only to cry out as your ankle shifts uncomfortably.

“Huh? _________? Are you okay?” A sleepy voice yawns.

“D-Dae?” you gasp, not realizing he was still here. “Yeah, I just moved wrong.”

“Let me get your pain medication.” He gently moves you so he can get the pill and water, which you take gratefully. “What do you want for breakfast?”

“Cereal is fine. What are you still doing here? Not that I’m complaining,” you ask quickly.

“You ended up falling asleep and I was tired so I just crashed. I hope that’s okay.”

“I mean, I’ve spent the night at your place.”

“You were drunk and didn’t want to leave,” Daehyun reminds you.

“And like a true gentleman, you let me stay,” you smile as you slowly hop to the kitchen counter, where Daehyun places the cereal in front of you. “You always take such good care of me.”

“You’ve helped me plenty too,” he shrugs, getting his own food. The two of you chat a little as you eat. When the bowls are empty, as if on cue, Daehyun’s phone chimes an alert. “Are you going to be okay on your own? Jongup wants to practice a new change he made to our new choreography.”

“I’ll manage, I’m sure someone else will stop by later anyway,” you check your phone, the teasing messages appearing again.

“Okay, is there anything you need before I go?” he asks as he puts his shoes on.

“Not that I can think of.”

“Alright, let me know if anything comes up,” he tells you, striding across the room easily to place a kiss on your forehead. He steps away a second later only for you to take a hold of his hand. Your heart is pounding in your chest as he looks at you, he looks nervous.

You take a deep breath. “Can I get a real kiss?”

It must take a second for the words to register, but the sweetest smile forms on his face.

He presses another quick kiss to your lips. “Only if we make this official.”

“It’s been a long time coming,” you muse. “I’ll happily go out with you.

With that, he leans in, lips pressing gently to yours. It’s cut short as his phone starts to ring. “I’m sorry, I have to go. I’ll be back as soon as possible.”

“Good, cause I’m going to need more kisses,” you call after him.

“Me too!” he shouts back from the doorway, leaving you smiling to yourself.