Yongguk-Differences

BAP Scenarios

A request from @idkijustneedanotheraccount that was sent forever ago for how Yongguk would handle being in a relationship with someone who is different from him? Their personality is goth, shy at first, but very caring.
I don’t think I conveyed much difference and this is kind of short, but I hope you guys enjoy! I’m trying to get back into writing on a regular basis but life is still busy.
-Admin Em

(7-12-17 catch up)

Warnings: none. Fluff ahead before Yamakazi destroys us all. (Seriously, that teaser is amazing)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Yongguk lies in his bed with a smile as he admires your sleeping face. You seem at peace in your dreams and your usual dark makeup is missing. Although he found you beautiful with or without it, he appreciated the times he was able to see your bare-face. He remembers the first time he saw you at a charity event. Even from across the room you surprised him. Perhaps it was rude to think, but you looked so...different from everyone else at the event.

Sure, he had seen various idols with the gothic style, but he couldn’t recall seeing someone at a charity like this. Still, you had a smile on your face as you seemed to make conversation with the people around you  He was captivated until you looked up from what you were doing, Yongguk looked away quickly. He didn’t want to be rude.

His attention returned to the package he was working on for the children’s hospital. If someone spoke to him he would reply, but he committed himself into the work as much as possible. After he had a small stack of boxes he gathered them and took them to the large moving van, adding to the growing stacks. As he turned to step off the truck he felt himself collide into someone.

“I’m so sorry, sorry,” he said, his words coming out rushed as he did his best to grab the person. Only one of the boxes fell.

“Sorry, I took too many,” a voice piped up.

“Let me give you a hand,” Yongguk offered, grabbing the fallen box before taking a few from the person’s stack. When he had enough boxes to see the person’s face he nearly gasped. It was you.

He noted a blush forming as you gave a shy smile. He wondered if it was from running into him or if you had seen him looking at you earlier. “Thank you, I’m _______________,” you introduced yourself.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Yongguk,” he said politely as he added the boxes to the rest.

A silence fell between the two of you as you left the van and went back to your work areas. It wasn’t an uncomfortable silence, Yongguk liked silence, but he did want to get to know you more. He just wasn’t sure how. Especially if you really had seen him staring. He could apologize if he got close to you again, but that could also be awkward if you hadn’t seen him earlier. This debate went on as he kept working until the event organizer started their closing speech, thanking everyone for their time and how much it would mean to the children and their families.

Yongguk put his final few packages with the rest and then began helping to clean the venue even though there were plenty of staff around to tend to it. As the crowd grew smaller Yongguk caught a glimpse of you again and he found himself smiling that someone else had stayed too. He wanted to speak with you again, but he still wasn’t sure what to say. Nothing seemed right to him.

“Oh it’s you again,” a soft voice broke him out of his thoughts. He found you standing next to him, collecting some of the leftover paper. He can vaguely hear some music playing from the earbud that dangles at your side. “Yongguk, right?”

“Yes, ____________?”

“Right. Nice to see you’re still here.”

“I try to help as much as possible,” Yongguk shrugged..

“Me too. It’s nice that so many people were here today.”

“Yeah. What are you listening to?”

You seemed mildly surprised by the topic change until you look at the earbud that isn’t in your ear. Yongguk hadn’t meant to catch you off guard, but music was something he could talk about with ease. It always fascinated him to see what other people liked. You tell him the name of the song, adding that it’s one of your favorite songs from your favorite artist. “The lyrics just speak to me. I love songs that have meaningful lyrics that I can relate to or be inspired by.”

He gave an understanding nod.

“What do you listen to?” You asked as the two of you finish cleaning up.

“I like to listen to many different styles. I try to have as much inspiration for my own work.”

“Oh, you write songs?!” There’s an excitement in your voice that makes Yongguk’s heart swell with joy. He’s also a bit relieved you didn’t seem to know he was. Right now he was just Yongguk, not Bang Yongguk, leader of B.A.P.  It made things feel a little less awkward.

“Well, I’m headed this way,” you gestured in the opposite direction of Yongguk’s bike. “It was nice to talk with you.”

“You too,” Yongguk nodded. As you started to walk away an idea popped into his head, “Would you want a ride?”

“What?”

“To where you need to go. I could give you a lift if you want?” As much as he wanted to be home, he didn’t like that you would be walking alone. It wasn’t safe.

“A lift would be nice,” you mused and follow him to his bike.

Immediately he hands you his helmet. “I usually don’t give rides so you can have the helmet,” he admits.

“What about you?” You didn’t like the idea of him being helmetless.

“I’ll be okay. I drive pretty slow anyway.”

You purse your lips, still unsure about his offer. He didn’t want to admit he felt nervous about it as well, but he wasn’t going to let his fear overtake him when you were having a risk.. “Are you sure?”

Yongguk simply nodded and once you did as well he got on the bike. As you put on the helmet you give him the address and sat behind him as the engine started. Your hold on him wasn’t too tight since he was true to his word and went pretty slow. You would warn him when a turn was coming up, but soon enough you were outside your apartment building.

“Thank you again,” you smiled as you gave back the helmet.

“No problem,” he smiled, strapping the helmet on. He took his time doing so, he could see there was something you weren’t saying.

“Could I get your number?” You said quickly, using all your courage. You eyes went wide, shocked that you had managed to ask. “I mean, so I can take you to dinner to repay you for the ride sometime,” you added.

“You don’t need to do that,” he told you. “But I can give you my number.”

With that you handed over your phone and he put his information in before wishing you a good night.

It wasn’t long after that that you’d reached out to him for the dinner. Yongguk still didn’t like leaving his apartment, so he convinced you to meet at a small restaurant that was just down the block from him. He felt bad asking you to go out of your way, but you agreed. When he arrived he spotted you easily, dressed in a similar fashion to how you’d been at the charity event. Plus the restaurant wasn’t busy which quickly helped his nerves. Conversation was light, the both of you shy about the situation. Still it was nice, and for a while Yongguk forgot all his worries.

The two of you kept in touch after that, getting to know each other more and more. You came out of your shell more and when Yongguk told you of his fame you didn’t change. You were true to yourself and Yongguk found himself falling for you. He had his worries about confessing to you since he still felt like you were from completely different worlds.

While he was more reserved, you were free in most situations. Sometimes you were still shy. You were shy when he managed to tell you how he felt, but admitted to returning his feelings. Being in the relationship didn’t change much except that there was small forms of skinship in public. You would take his hand in yours when you could tell his anxieties were rising. He would place a protective arm around you when you convinced him to be out late at night. Sometimes it seemed that the two of you could silently communicate.

Things weren’t always perfect. Sometimes the odd looks the two of you got in public made things tense and the tension couldn’t always be brushed off. There were times the two of you would have arguments about how he wouldn’t eat or sometimes you seemed to expect too much out of him after his long days. The fights never lasted long, the two of you cared too much about each other for them to be. All you needed was some time apart, but once the time was taken you talked things through.

Last night the two of you had almost had a fight and it made Yongguk especially happy that you had stayed with him. He was glad you didn’t fight, that you had stayed calm even though you were frustrated. He knows he doesn’t always makes things easy. He knows sometimes he puts his career first, but he was working on it. He was being better and you were still here to work with him. The two of you were a team even on the days you seemed to be on opposite sides.

Unable to resist any longer, he places a kiss on your forehead. “Wake up beautiful,” he whispers.

You give a sleepy hum and nuzzle into his chest but say nothing.

“Do you want breakfast?”

“Not yet. Let’s just say in bed. It’s nice here.”

“Now you sound like me,” he laughs.

“Your influence has rubbed off.”

“Yours too,” he reminds you.

“I know, you asked about breakfast,” you tease as you look up at him, a smile on your half-asleep face.

“Oh shush,” he laughs again before leaning down to kiss you.