Himchan-Broke

BAP Scenarios

I carved out a little de-stress/writing time for the night! So I’m finally getting out my “I didn’t see B.A.P” feels and writing something late for Himchan’s birthday. I probably won’t get to write until mid-May and even that’s questionable since I might have two jobs. Anyway, this is a request from upset anon who wanted, “When you can’t go to Infinite live because of money issues, fluffy Himchan”
I hope you enjoy! -Admin Em

(7-12-17 catch up)

Warnings: none

_________________________________

It’s one of those weekends where you have nothing to do, which is good and bad. Bad because you’ve been endlessly browsing the internet for longer than you’d care to admit. Good because you enjoy having some relaxation time by yourself, especially after the chaos at work. You’d been so busy you’d even missed your best friend’s birthday celebration. With the thought of your best friend, you can’t help but look at your phone to see if he’s messaged you at all. You aren’t surprised to see no new messages, he was probably relaxing between his schedule or practicing. “Kim Himchan you better not get hurt again,” you mutter as you set the phone down. As much as you love him, you don’t want to have to play nurse again.

You met Himchan by chance during the time of the lawsuit against his company. Actually, you met him multiple times by chance on the same day. 

First when you were out to for coffee and the barista had put your name on the the wrong drink. It was understandable since there were way too many people in the tiny cafe. You were going to accept your fate and leave to meet your other friend when a voice spoke up, “Excuse me, I think you have my drink? Is this one yours?”

You turned to see a very handsome man holding exactly what you’d ordered. “Oh, yeah, it is,” you grinned, swapping beverages with him. “Thanks.”

The stranger smiled at you and couldn’t help but admire his beauty. “No problem, have a good day.”

“You too.”

And just like that he was gone. The only remnant was his name on the cup in your hand. You went to meet your friend, the two of you ready to spend the day shopping. “Why didn’t you try to talk to him more?” Eunjae, your friend, questions after you shared the story of your encounter.

You’d shrugged, “I didn’t want to be weird. Besides, I finally think I’m getting somewhere with Jiwoo.” Jiwoo was your long time crush who finally seemed to be taking an interest in return. This immediately made Eunjae change topics as the two of you browsed some clothes for work. Your adventure took you to multiple stores, which resulted in you spending more than you should have.

As you checked out at the last store you watched the total continue to rise. “Oh, that isn’t mine,“ you said politely as you caught the cashier about to scan something that wasn’t yours.

“Sorry, those are mine,” the person spoke up behind you and you felt your eyes widen. It was the man from this morning-Himchan. He gave you a knowing smile, “Hello again.”

“Hi. Nice sweater,” you said quickly, unsure what else to say as you paid.

“Thank you. I’m glad you didn’t almost buy it off me,” he chuckled.

“It looks to be above my price range,” you commented, taking note of the brand name on the tag. “Anyway, my friend is waiting for me outside. Have a nice evening.”

“You as well.”

And just like that you left him behind. Or so you’d thought. As you sat eating dinner you nearly choked on your food when you saw Himchan walk in again. “Him again?” Eunjae teased as they noted where you were looking. You gave a nod and swallowed your food nervously. You weren’t even sure why you were nervous, at the time you hadn’t realized that he was THE Kim Himchan. “Relax, he probably won’t even-”

“It’s you again,” he gasped as he turned with his carry-out.

“Hi,” you spoke softly.

“Is something else going to get mixed up between us?” He joked.

“I don’t think so,” you gave a soft laugh too.

“Well just in case, can I get your number?”

After that your mind went numb, To this day you can’t remember if you said anything. You know he said something as you handed him your phone, but you can’t recall. The next thing you know, your phone was back in your hand with his number displaying on the screen. “Have a goodnight,” he grinned before leaving.

Your friend stared at you with wide eyes. “If you don’t text him, we can no longer be friends.”

“What?”

“Did you not realize who that was?!”

“No?” Your head was in the clouds.

“That was Himchan from B.A.P!” Eunjae whispered, even pulling up a photo of the idol so you could put two and two together.

Before you could say anything, your phone signalled a new message from Himchan, “Just making sure no numbers got mixed up!”

It took you a while to respond, but eventually, with help from your friend, you did. And that was how your friendship with Himchan began.

Before you can continue the trip down memory lane, there’s a knock on your door. Crossing the apartment quickly, you open the door to find none other than Himchan himself. ‘Hey, what are you doing here?” you gasp, wrapping him in a hug.

“I can’t surprise my best friend?” He questions as you let him inside. He immediately makes himself right at home.

“No, I just wasn’t expecting to see you before you went back on tour again.”

“I found some free time and since you missed my birthday, I’m here to collect an overdue gift,” he states, his tone completely serious but you know he’s kidding.

“Actually, I do have something for you,” you smirk as you see the surprise on his face.

“________________, I told you you didn’t need to get me anything. You need to save your money and you took care of me while I was healing. I can’t-”

“Sh,” you stop him short. “I can always afford to give my Channie something nice,” you muse as you move to get the bottle of wine you purchased for him. It was one of the less expensive wines he enjoys and you couldn’t help yourself when you saw it. “Close your eyes,” you instruct.

Once you’re sure they’re shut you place the bottle in his hands. “Happy late birthday!” You cheer, causing him to open his eyes. “I hope it will help you relax when your schedule gets hectic.”

“It definitely will,” Himchan smiles before pulling you in for a hug. “Thank you _________. What did I do to deserve such a thoughtful friend?”

“You almost stole my coffee,” you chuckle. “I was just thinking about that earlier.”

“You mean you aren’t always thinking about me?” Himchan acts offended, pushing you away gently. “Who has come between us? After all we’ve been through?”

It was true, the two of you had been their for each other during any big event, good or bad. You helped him with the lawsuit, he helped you move into your apartment. You were the first person he called after B.A.P’s first win after they came back, he was your first call when Jiwoo broke your heart. The list went on.

“The only thing that can come between us is Infinite,” you tease. “And we both know I’m too broke to ever see them.”

“Don’t start pouting about them again,” Himchan groans. This wasn’t the first time he’d heard about your love for the group.

“But, but they’re all so amazing! I just want to see them live once! I would give anything to go to the concert they’re having soon. Like, I love the concerts you’ve let me attend for B.A.P, but can you just imagine their show?”

“If you’re going to whine, I’m leaving,” Himchan tells you.

“Okay, I’ll behave,” you sigh, swallowing your emotions. “Want to watch a movie?”

“Sure, but I want to pick,” your best friend tells you, already going to your movie collection. It doesn’t take him long to pick something and the two of you settle comfortably on the couch together.

When the credits roll, Himchan gives you another hug. “I better get back to the dorm, there’s a lot to do before I leave again.”

“Promise to be safe?”

“Always,” he promises so you let him go, unsure when you’ll be able to spend time with him again. He texts you once he’s home safe and thanks you for the wine. The two of you spend the night texting off and on between his schedule.

Communication cuts down as he leaves for the tour. It was nothing new. What was new was that Himchan wanted you to FaceTime him when something exciting happened, whatever that meant. “You’ll know when it’s time,” he told when you questioned the message. You let it slide since it didn’t pay to bicker with him when it took anywhere from fifteen minutes to several hours to get a reply. Anticipation builds in you each passing day until you find an envelope in the mail after work.

Carefully, you open it and pull out two V.I.P passes to Infinite’s show. You drop them in disbelief. There was no way. They couldn’t be real. As you reach for them again your hands shake, excitement and disbelief coursing through your veins. This was a dream come true. Immediately you text Himchan, telling him to FaceTime you when he had the chance. To your surprise, your phone immediately goes off.

“HIMCHAN I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!” You scream as soon as his face appears on screen.

“Ow, my ears,” he whines and it’s only then you note the headphones in his ears so he can hear you better as he walks around wherever he is.

“Sorry, sorry,” you get the words out quickly, your heart still racing. “I’m just, I can’t believe it. This has to be a dream, right? My heart might explode.”

“You need to breathe,” Himchan laughs. “How are you going to survive the concert let alone meeting them if you can’t even handle having passes?”

“I didn’t even think of that. Oh no, I can’t meet them. I’ll make a fool of myself. This is too much. I can’t!” You start to panic. “I could barely handle talking to you before Eunjae told me you were you. And then when I knew you were you it was a struggle. I can’t do it. You have to give these to someone else. I can’t accept them.”

“_____________, you’re getting ahead of yourself. Breathe. They will love meeting you, even if you do make a fool of yourself,” Himchan speaks in a soothing voice and you feel yourself slowly starting to calm down. “Let yourself enjoy this. You work hard all the time, relax.”

You nod, taking in his words as Daehyun and Jongup peaking behind Himchan. They make a few funny faces before Himchan shoos them away.

“This is still too much Channie. You didn’t need to do this.”

“I wanted to. You’ve always taken such good care of me. I’m just sorry I won’t be able to go with you to make sure you don’t try to kidnap one of them. We both know Eunjae will help you if you take her,” Himchan shakes his head.

“I’ll barely be able to speak or hold their hands let alone try to kidnap them!”

Himchan chuckles before looking at someone off screen. “I have to go, but I’m glad my gift made it safely to you. Enjoy yourself. I want to hear all about it when I’m back in Korea/”

“Dinner will be my treat,” you promise. “Don’t work too hard!”

With that Himchan ends the call and you message Eunjae the news, not trusting your voice to make another call. As you wait for her to respond, you hold one of your pillows tightly. How had you gotten to be so lucky?