Daehyun-Engagement

BAP Scenarios

A request by @sherlynxx​ for when your plan your engagement on your own because you don’t want to stress Daehyun out, but his guilt of not helping causes a small argument. I’m so sorry you had to wait so long for this! Please enjoy -Em

Warnings: small arguement/angst

________________________________________________________________________________

You rub your temples after finishing another phone call to schedule yet another appointment to meet with one of the possible services you’d have at your wedding. Before you can forget in all the chaos, you write down the date and time in your planner as well as place a reminder in your phone. Your calendar was slowly becoming a wide variety of colors. That settled, you move from the table and find medicine for your oncoming headache. This was a common occurance these days as you try to work around your schedule, the various services’s schedules, and sometimes Daehyun’s.

It’s been nearly eleven months since the proposal, but in that time his schedule got busier with various shows and concerts going on for the rapid promotions. The two of you expected things to be busy, which was why you agreed to a long engagement, but the date you’d agreed on getting married felt like it was rapidly approaching. You’ve got about eight month before the date, but you’ve been trying to get as much done as possible so that there were less issues as things got closer. It didn’t help that most of this was being done on your own. You didn’t want to add more onto Daehyun’s plate, but still tried to have him be involved when possible. Sometimes your parents or his would lend a hand, but sometimes it caused more stress having them around.


The vibration of your phone alerts you to a message from Daehyun, telling you he’s headed home. You put a few of the wedding plans away, wanting him to relax after getting back from the last leg of the world tour. The few things you leave out are the color palette the two of you settled on, the guest list, and a few photos of different floral options. The two of you could discuss those tomorrow after both of you get a good night of rest. You change into your pajamas and by the time you’re changed you hear Daehyun enter.

Quickly you go to him, gently taking the handle of his suitcase away and kissing his cheek. “Welcome home.”

“Glad to be back,” he gives a tired smile. As he takes his shoes off, you wheel his suitcase to the corner of your bedroom near the laundry hamper so everything can be washed tomorrow. “Babe,” he calls, making you come back to see him staring at all the stuff on the table. “How much have you been doing?”

“Not that much. Let's not worry about that now. You need your rest,” you tell him gently.

“How much have you been doing?” He asks again.

“I’ve just been looking things over, like the guest list. I rescheduled some appointments again for us since your new schedule came out. I’m just trying to take care of what I can,” you explain, wishing that you had put everything away now.

“Why don’t you tell me so I can take time off to help you?” Daehyun asks, looking at some of the possible seating arrangements at your venue.

“Because I know that’s always hard to do and your career has to come first. It’s really not a big deal. I can handle it for now,” you try to soothe him. You don’t want to admit that you have been a bit stressed about this lately, especially now that some of your appointments were pushed back more.

“What? Not a big deal? We’re going to get MARRIED! And what do you mean my career has to come first?”

“”I didn’t mean it like that. Of course getting married is a big deal. I mean that planning right now isn’t a big deal-”

“Planning is a big deal. It’s our day and I want to be a part of it as much as possible,” he snaps at you.

“You can be involved, I was planning on talking to you TOMORROW when you were RESTED! I rescheduled things so you could be involved. I just want things to go smoothly for us so I’m doing what I can now. Please don’t act like I’m taking everything away from you.”

“It’s not like you give me an option to open up my schedule if you don’t tell me when you want to do things,” he tells you. You can hear some restraint in his voice.

“The days that you did have off got cancelled before I could tell you to keep them open. You’re just so busy lately so I dealt with what I could.”

Daehyun sighs, trying to calm down before this got out of hand. “You shouldn’t have to keep changing things. I can afford to get one day off for this.”

“The days you have off don’t line up with any of the people we need to meet,” you tell him, pulling out your planner and handing it to him so he can see all your notes. Your headache from earlier throbs as you wait for him to look it over.

The frown on his face only grows. “Clearly this has you stressed with all these scribbles. You can’t keep doing this on your own and if I’d known the dates I would insist for something off that works, but I can’t do that if you don’t tell me.”

“I didn’t want to add to your stress. I know how harsh the company can be.”

“That’s for me to handle,” Daehyun walks over to you, wrapping his arms around you. ‘

“But what if it causes trouble and they delay promotions or pull you from activities? It’s your dream.”

Daehyun gently cups your chin so that you’re looking into his eyes. “I love being part of B.A.P and being active to see my fans. But this is my dream. Getting married and eventually starting a family with someone who loves me. I’ve been a part of B.A.P for years, and the guys understand this is a big step for me and you. It’s okay to slow down for a bit.”

“What about your fans?”

“It will be hard on them, but I’m sure they want us to rest as well. I love them, but I love you more. That being said, I want to hear everything you have planned so I can be a part of this, okay?”

“Can we talk about it tomorrow? My head hurts,” you finally admit.

“I’m sorry baby,” he says with another frown before he kisses your forehead. “I doubt all this helped,” he sighs, guiding you to the bedroom. “I didn’t mean to snap at you. Especially when i haven’t been around much lately. I’ve just been looking forward to coming home and planning this since I know it’s getting closer. And I want this to be special for the both of us. And seeing you do things by yourself made me feel guilty that I’m not helping. Knowing that you’ve tried to include me and only been thinking of my well-being. Can you forgive me?”

As you pulls the covers over the two of you, you kiss him gently. “You were right, I should have told you about what I was doing. It would have been easier for the both of us. We can start working on things together tomorrow, but for now please don’t beat yourself up over this. Just rest my love.”

Even in the dark you can see his bright smile before his kisses you again. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” you whisper.