First Memories

Secret Girlfriend

 

*Bunjang-nim = manager (used in respect)

 

MY POV:

It wasn’t a matter of what was under the blanket, but a matter of who was under the blanket.

I blinked twice, to make sure I wasn’t seeing things. Now, what I hoped to see was actually under the blanket, I felt surprised, about to pinch myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.

“Yah, it’s really me!” His voice rang in my ears, as he got up and moved next to me, pulling me into a hug. I sure did miss this and felt like I never wanted to leave his arms again.

“Pabo _____,” Chunji said, as he pulled out of the hug and face me.

“Why am I a pabo?

“You’re the pabo that I love, and I’m never leaving you again!” he winked, before placing a kiss on my lips, both of us wanting more, but we had to wait. Instead a heated kiss took place, taking the level of intimacy to the next level, as our tongue’s explored one another’s’ our hands pulling each other closer. The limousine was suddenly brought to a stop, both of us almost falling of the seat awkwardly. The driver cleared his throat loudly, before Chanhee and I regained normal positions, as I straightened up Chanhee’s tie up, the little door between the front and the back of the limo opening.

 

“We have arrived Lee bujang-nim*,”

“Okay, thank you, I’ll let you know if I need you later,”

Chanhee then turned to face me, thinking before he spoke.

“Uh, I have this surprise and is it okay of you could close your eyes?”  I giggled slightly, before obeying his instructions.

“Okay, let’s go out then!” he replied excitedly.

With his hands wrapped around my eyes, we got out of the limo, Chanhee’s voice guiding me out quietly. Usually, I wasn’t the adventurous type, but under Chanhee’s calm instructions, I was able to get to where he wanted to go, without any accidents and I felt that I could trust Chanhee, both of us going through a lot before hand, for our relationship to get to this level.

“Are we there yet, oppa?”

“Ani, almost, be patient baby!” I heard him giggle a bit, his hands loosening up a bit off my eyes.

“Okay, you can open your eyes now,”

I opened them, a change from darkness to a nice sunny environment. We were standing in front of a large mountain and I could tell where we were straight away. It’s leading to the same park that both of us had visited since we were young, the same one where I had tripped on the steps going to the slide, the same one that I had started crushing on Chanhee when we were in our teens, the same one that Chanhee had asked me out, five years ago and the same one we had gone past when we had our special date two weeks ago.

 

“Let’s run up like the old days!” Chanhee seemed excited, his posture changing to that one of a running stance.

“Last one up is the real pabo!” We both started running up the mountain and I could tell that Chanhee was going slower on purpose. We made our way to the top, touching the bench as we caught our breath.

“Guess you’re a pabo,”

“Haha, didn’t you that Pabo is my middle name?”

“Oh, jinja? I thought it was Sarcastic?” Both of us broke into laughter, Chanhee then pulling my hand towards the swings, luckily no little kids were around, seeing as it was getting late. I took a seat, Chanhee pushing me up higher and higher, as I got to see more of the houses in the distance. He seemed to remember that I don’t like going to high, and was able to keep pace at one height.

 

“Do you want to go as well?”

“If you want me to go?” he replied, as stepped off the swing, Chanhee taking a seat. Oh, gosh. He was heavy! What has he been eating lately?!?

“Argh, you’re so heavy~”

“Aigoo, you say this all the time!” He snickered, before continuing.

“Hey, babe, remember that time on your seventh birthday, when we came up here,”

“Oh, no. Don’t remind me!”

“And you sat on the swing,”

“And I wanted to get off it, except I was too short to reach the ground,”

“You’re still short now! Haha, and there was this puddle,”

“IT WAS RIGHT UNDER THE SWING!” I said, defeated at his utter wittiness.

“Yeah, well you still face planted into it,”

“Thanks you carrying me back home,” I said, remembering the embarrassment.

“Yeah, I remember, I piggy-backed you! I couldn’t sleep properly for days, my back was too sore!”

“Hey, I wasn’t that heavy back then!”

“Yeah, yeah, I know. Just baby fat,” he stopped the swing before pinching my cheeks cutely.

“Aww, I miss that!” remembering how he’d pinch my cheeks and I’d yell at my mum, because I didn’t want droopy cheeks when I got older.

“Yeah, you’ve always been so perfect to me ____.”

“Aigoo,” I replied, pinching his cheeks as well. He leaned in, planting a kiss on my forehead.

“I love you ____~”

“I love you too, Lee Chanhee,” Chanhee and I were both leaning in willingly, about to kiss, when we heard some yells in the distance. Actually it wasn’t very distant, the sounds coming closer and closer to us- belonging to a young boy and girl, both of them running up the hill together.

 

“Chansung-ah, wait for me?” the little girl spoke lightly, sounding a bit out of breath. That hill was pretty big.

“Oh, Minhee, here, hold my hand,” the young boy and girl held hands tightly, as they ran up closer towards the playground. I felt Chanhee hug me from behind, as he held me tightly.

 “Remind you of someone?” I heard Chanhee whisper in my ear.

“Yeah, us when we were younger!” I replied, looking at them as I remembered the fun times we had when we were younger- playing in sandcastles, and chasey.

 

Suddenly, Chanhee bent down on one knee in front of me, as I sat on the swing.

“____-ah, I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to ask you myself, despite what’s being arranged,”

He’s not actually going to ? I felt the pace of my heart build up rapidly, as I anticipated what was to happen.

 

“I want to be by your side forever and never ever leave you. I want to wake up beside you every day, for the rest of my life and kiss and hug each other whenever I want. I want us to have children together, name one Chanhee junior and one ____ junior as well. I want to grow old with you, take care of our grandchildren and bake cookies and cakes for them, as well as teach them how to ride a bike. But moreover, I want to see you in a beautiful white dress, walking down the aisle towards me, like an angel. But that would only occur in one way- Will you marry me _____,” He looked up at me, as he held a small silver box in one hand. My mind re-ran through what he had just said, a tear running down my cheek in happiness.

“Yes, I will Chanhee,” I replied in happiness, his hand wiping off the tear from my face. He took my hand, as he opened the box, placing the ring on my finger- and I took out the other ring and placed it on Chanhee. Perfect fit!

 

But I had no time to admire the beauty of our new rings- Chanhee lifting me up bridal style from the swing.

“Hey, LET ME DOWN OPPA! AHH!”

 

Those little kids were still there, looking at us in surprise.

“Okay, fine. But under one condition-”

“What?” I asked curiously.

“You let me piggy back you, down the hill,” I looked down the hill, both Chanhee and I had been down the same hill many times, but this time I was an adult- about to get married to Lee Chanhee.

“Okay, fine!” He put me down gently, before walking over to the playground, which I stepped into one of the steps, and got onto Chanhee. Before I could hold on tightly, Chanhee had already started running towards the hill.

 

“I’M ENGAGED TO THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL ______! SARANGHAE __________-AAAAAAHHHH!”