Night

Secret Girlfriend

MY POV:

 

Ahn Nayeon.

She was born on the 27th of August 1994.

She’s also been my best friend since forever.

Her mum and my mum were best friends when they were young, and still are now.

They decided that if they have daughters, that they too could be best friends.

We both decided that we wanted to do that as well.

 

Ahn Nayeon.

She’s been there whenever I needed her and we always told each other everything.

Except one thing.

There’s one thing that I haven’t told her yet.

I know it’s really bad right.

Like how could I have not told her about this?

I trust her, it’s just for my privacy.

And her protection. I initially thought it was better if she didn’t know.

It was also better for Chanhee’s privacy and protection as well.

Yes, that’s right, I hadn’t told her about how me and Chanhee had been really close.

Like how we were really really close.

Okay, really, really, really close.

Well, I’m going to tell her now.

And also confirm something later.

 

I walked onto the garden pathway, and rang the doorbell.

A few moments later the door opened. Nayeon’s mother, Minah, greeting me with a huge smile.

She treated me like family, and that’s what I loved about her.

She would bake cookies and cakes whenever we had sleepovers, and tried getting us girls to eat all the time, claiming us to all be too scrawny and stick like, and that we would one day all be blown over by the wind.

 

But today, I saw a worried look on her face.

“Come in, ____. Are you okay? Your mother just called to find out where you were.”

“Oh, really? I was just at the hair salon getting my hair done, do you like the change?”

“Yes, of course! Everything that you girls decide on, suits you perfectly, like it was made to fit you!”

“Thanks, ommoni, is it okay if I chill here? I wanted to catch up with Nayeon, as we don’t always have the same classes together!”

“Of course! I’ll bring up some food to you girls later. You know where she is!”

 

Indeed I did.

 

Nayeon was my bestest friend.

But she was also the biggest nerd.

I’m pretty sure she has a computer for a brain. Or maybe a hard drive or something.

She just remembers everything!

Which is why she got into medicine and decided that she wanted something on the side, and took music, one of her many hobbies, as an extra course.

She actually got offered a place at Harvard last year, and went, but got home sick and transferred into Seoul National University, after I graduated.

She graduated a year early, but took first year music classes with me, and even went as far as transferring with me to Seoul Women’s University, when I said that my parents wanted me to transfer.

I didn’t tell her the real reason why, but she still transferred anyway.

 

Which is why I love her and feel guilty about not letting her in on what has happened in the past two or so weeks.

 

Nayeon was pretty much a child prodigy, always hearing praise from everyone. She was the first out of us to learn English when she was only three and we even went to private lessons together.

It was great. But now not so much, and I needed her more than ever.

 

I walked down the corridor, walking up two flights of stairs to get to her place. It was good exercise and i planned to surprise her, so I didn't use the lift. She shared half a floor with her older brother, and they each had their own staircases to their own rooms.

 

Walking up, I noticed that her door was open slightly, as I tip toed and peered through.

Easily enough, her back was facing me.

Yes, great timing!

 

I walked in quietly, as I spread my arms apart, in order to grab her shoulders to scare her.

It was also even better, as she was listening to something, with beats headphones on, that were too big for her head!

Just as I was about to reach her, she turned around.

What?!?

 

“Yah, _____, you know I can see you in the reflection right?”

 

“Mwo? Why were you looking at the mirror? That means that you weren’t even really studying!”

 

“I was, but then I noticed something moving towards me, through the reflection and looked up. Duhh! You should of seen your face! It was so funny, and you looked like you were about to pounce on some prey!”

 

“Hahaha, whatever! And really? Pounce on prey? I’m not that ugly!”

 

She got up and we hugged.

 

“So ____, how come you’re here?”

 

“Well, uh, I missed you!”

 

“We saw each other this morning in class! And when you dropped me off at my place! I know you have something to tell me, and I also know that’s it has been on your mind for a while now. Spill it now.”

 

Argghhh! This girl can read minds too! I swear, she really is part computer or something.

 

“Okay, mind reader, let’s take a seat, shall we?”

 

We took a seat on the pink and purple spotted bean bags.

 

“Haha, I can’t mind read! I can just tell by your face, that’s all!”

 

“Is my face that obvious?”

 

“Yes it is! Like right now, you seem confused!”

 

“What! Well, yeah I am. I don’t know how to start it off.”

 

“Okay, well you should start by telling me about that secret boyfriend you have. And that you have secretly been dating. And that you haven’t seen him in a while!”

 

 

on a side note: i'm stuck on what Chunji and L.joe should wear as girls xD

let me know what they should wear! and anticipate the next few chapters!

saranghae subbies and readers (including the silent readers, yes that's you!) parkjaelee xo