Spilling It ALL pt. 1

Secret Girlfriend

warning: a bit of rated language ahead;

 

MY POV:

 

Nayeon had showered earlier, so after dinner I went to shower, wearing a set of PJ’s that Nayeon kindly lent me.

 

“Here, ___, wear these after.” Nayeon handed me a pair of purple PJ’s shorts and a matching purple t-shirt.

 

“Thanks, Yeonie! Sorry for intruding in earlier! I feel bad because I didn’t inform you beforehand that I was coming over.”

 

“Nahh, don’t worry about it! I’ve already finished all my homework for next week anyway. I was going to call you soon, and wondered if you wanted to come over. Then BAM, you decided to ‘scare’ me using your pabo-like ways!”

 

Of course she had already finished her homework!

 

“Ahn Nayeon, you really need a life! Studying your life away isn’t helping you at all!”

 

“Huh, I already have a life! I’m going to become a doctor, who’s going to treat a lot of patients, and help everyone. I’m friendly and lovable,” Nayeon cheesily smiled, and continued

 

“And I’m also able to continue my hobbies that I enjoy, when I finish up with my music studies as well! Plus I have a pabo for a best friend!”

 

“Thanks for calling me a pabo, Doctor Nayeon!” I turned to the side, faking tears under my eyes

 

“OMMA! Doctor Nayeon is really mean! She called me a pabo!”

 

Nayeon cracked up after seeing the serious look on my face. I couldn’t hold in my laughter, as two best friends laughed together, and I was glad that she was my best friend.

 

I showered and then went to sleep on Nayeon’s lounge, as to me it was comfy enough, and I was really tired. I heard Nayeon say she was going to get changed and the last thing I heard was the bathroom door making a ‘click’ noise as it closed. My eyes didn’t have to be told to go to sleep, as I fell asleep in an instant.

 

I dreamt.

 

It was black.

Everything around me was black

I didn’t know where I was.

Scared of taking a step, I stayed where I was, not moving a muscle. I was afraid something would just pop out of nowhere.

 

I saw a light flash, and took a step closer towards it.

I tried to take a step, but it seems like I was stuck.

I couldn’t move at all.

 

Why am I still here, tell me someone,  chaebal?

 

It seemed like something was on top of my eyes, hiding them from seeing the outside.

I tried to move my arms this time and also wasn’t able to move them either.

Whyyyyy?

 

The thing hiding my eyes was lifted up, as I tried to get a clear view of my whereabouts.

 

Everything was bright, and the sudden light stung my eyes, my eyes reacting by getting teary.

I tried to dry away my tears by lifting up my hands.

 

I couldn’t.

 

My eyes dried away soon after, as my eyes adjusted to the brightness of the location I was in.

What location was this?

 

I’m not sure.

I felt something sharp go inside my arm.

Instinctively I yelped in pain, and tried to move away. 

 

Who was closing my eyes and holding my hands down?

 

Suddenly my eyes shut, and I couldn’t open them at all.

 

:O

 

I was scared, nervousness building up inside me, and I had the urge to go pee.

 

Well, I would go if I was able to actually go, but nooo, I have no idea where I am and what I’m doing currently. Or who’s around me.

 

I heard some distant talking in the background, getting louder, which meant that they were coming closer to me.

 

I hoped it was right, because it means that they could help me.

 

Please, come closer.

 

I picked up what they were speaking.

 

It wasn’t in Korean.

 

Am I not in Korea right now?

 

I don’t remember going overseas.

 

I listened in carefully to see if I could catch what they were speaking in.

 

“Uhh, don’t worry, she’ll be okay soon. We just have to let her rest for a bit, any sudden movements might hurt her.”

 

Who’s going to be okay?

Are they referring to me?

I think they are. It seems like they’ve stopped moving.

I can’t hear them anymore.

Maybe they went away.

Maybe they were referring to someone else.

I hope that they were.

I was grateful for my English lessons with Nayeon since I was three.

But now that I know what they were talking about, it didn’t really help me.

 

Wanting to open my eyes, I forced them open.

And they magically opened with ease.

 

I should have tried earlier.

 

I was lying down, on a bed I believe.

It appeared like a hospital.

But it seemed like a private one of some sort.

There were pictures on the wall.

 

It was a picture of a female’s abdomen, with a baby inside.

 

Why am I here?

That’s a pretty gruesome picture if you ask me, I don’t need to know where my ing uterus is.

Jeez. Like what is with this place?

 

I got up.

 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, FFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK!

 

As fast as I tried to get up, I lay back down.

My stomach killed.

I felt like I had cramps.

But it wasn’t my time of the month.

Like whaaaaaaaat?

I don’t even know.

 

I heard talking in the distance again, this time moving even closer to me.

 

In an attempt to hear more about what they were saying, I closed my eyes and tried to look normal.

 

“She might wake soon. So we should stay here, to give her more painkillers. She is still very young to be undergoing something like this.”

 

Painkillers? For me?

Why?

Ohh, for my stomach cramps?

But I’m not sick right now.

 

“For such a young girl to undergo abortion, she’s very brave and her body has cooperated well, you should be thankful that she is okay.”

 

“AN ABORTION?  A WHAT, !”