Day

Secret Girlfriend

warning: the tiniest bit of rated language ahead! parkjaelee xo

 

MY POV:

 

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

That’s nine days till my engagement with Lee Chanhee.

Yes, nine days to be exact.

Why do I know this?

Because I have circled the date of our engagement in purple texta.

 

Am I excited?

The answer is yes and no.

Why yes?

He’s my current boyfriend and fiancé to be. Of course I would be excited!

Why no?

Well, that current boyfriend of mine, is currently away.

I actually haven’t seen him in -wait-

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

11 days. That’s right I kept count. Marking them until the engagement.

Actually, I only just counted then.

I was going to number the days, but I realised that the number was so big that it became depressing.

But the fact that the number is still quite big, it’s not necessarily Chanhee’s fault.

But I still miss him.

A bit.

A bit of a lot actually.

 

Bogoshipeo Chanhee oppa.

 

I’m currently getting my hair re-done due to my parents’ wishes.

Okay, more like their orders, because apparently young ladies should have an appropriate hair colour for their engagement.

My hair colour was ing fine!

 

Hair dye- thirty dollars

Personal Hair dresser-  thirty dollars

When you have your own salon, that your aunty owns and you want a hair change- free

When you come home, with a hair change that you didn’t notify your parents about the change before hand- priceless!

 

My parents looked at me like I dyed my hair rainbow coloured!

My mum even went as far as attempting to check if it’s a wig and pulled it.

It hurt.

I told them that people my age dye their hair often and realised that I should keep up my good looks, as it clearly runs in the family.

Luckily, my parents silently nodded, and I figured they weren’t going to argue about it, as they still think that I don’t actually know Chanhee and the fact that it is an arranged marriage and we are still both quite young.

Well, I do know him, and we’ve decided to not to tell our parents about our relationship.

Or in fact, how close we have been for the past five years.

Anyways, I am happy, as I get to marry my Chanhee oppa, and although it’s arranged, I’m one hundred per cent happy with it. so yay life!

 

Back to saloning, at a different salon this time.

I felt tired, as I hadn’t been getting my necessary six to eight hours of sleep, let alone beauty sleep, and felt my eyes closing drowsily.

Suddenly, I felt as though I had seen this scene before- it seemed vaguely familiar.

 

Ahh, it’s the restaurant that my parents and Chanhee’s parents went to lunch last, last week.

I look down to see what I’m wearing.

 

What?

 

Pajamas?

 

I blink, and look back down again,

 

-ahh, that’s better-

 

I’m wearing the purple peplum dress that my mother had bought for me.

 

My father called out to me, in his gentle and humble voice, calling my name, and beckoning for me to come down and take a seat.

I walked over and sat down.

The seat felt comfy.

I looked back up to see the arrangement of the table- being the exact same as it was that day.

 

Chunji’s father then spoke.

I listened.

He told us news.

Dreadful news.

 

“If the engagement is going to be three weeks away, I’ve planned to take Chanhee on a trip, a business trip to be precise. He’ll be able to see how the company works, and gain a better understanding on what he’ll be doing in the future.”

 

NOOOOOOO! SO NO CHUNJI? OMO, OMO, OMO!

Chunji and I looked at each other, both surprised at what we just heard.

 

My mother then whispered something to my father, then they both glanced at me.

 

My father cleared his throat.

 

Oh please, give me some good news, I’ll do anything!

 

“_____ will be transferring to Seoul Women’s University. This way she will not be in contact with any males, as we will prepare her as the fiancé of Chanhee.”

 

What. Did. I. Just. Hear.

 

I don’t contact any boys anyway.

 

Well except Chunji.

But he’s my future fiancé anyway.

But I got an early acceptance into Seoul National University!

FML, WHAT ABOUT MY FRIENDS?

 

WHY MUM AND DAD? WHY?

 

As if it was timed, dessert arrived at our table.