According to our Parents

Secret Girlfriend

 

MY POV:

 

Just had breakfast with my mum and dad.

Thankfully they have not noted on anything I have done for the past one and a half days.

 

Except my hair change.

 

Appa said that it brought out my ‘hidden inner beauty out’ and that ‘any boy would be trapped in my charms.’

 

Like really, appa? A bit corny right?

 

Well that was just getting started – Omma then said that ‘A princess needed to know everything.’

 

I wondered where exactly they were going with this conversation.

Yes, I pretty much interrupted them accusingly and said ‘Anything planned for me for the next seven days?’

 

BINGO. My parents looked at each other in surprise and it seemed like they were bewildered at my ways of finding out things.

Okay, I know I’m not a detective, but I guess it was the expression in their faces and the things they were talking about that got me to realise that something was going on. That I was yet to know about. But they still seemed surprised that I caught them. As they looked back at me, I said ‘Spill it,’ annoyed at the tense atmosphere buildin up slowly and surrounding our dining table.

 

“Well, ____, you know how your engagement is next week?” Appa stated and I nodded in agreement.

 

“Well, both your appa and I discussed this with Chanhee’s parents.” Hmm. Discussed what?

 

“That it would be fair, as Chanhee has come back from his business trip,” That’s old news, appa! I found that out yesterday! But what about Chanhee?

 

“It would be good of you guys met up for, uhh, a date.”

 

WHAT!?! A DATE!!! DAEBAK ;D

 

I nodded. The atmosphere was still tense, as I wondered if my parents had any hidden motives behind this ‘plan.’

 

“We decided that it would be great if you get along and you both have similar interests and hobbies that you could talk about.”

 

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Chanhee and I figures that a long, long, long time ago.

AWKWARD. TURTLE.

 

“There will be three dates organised.”

THREE?!? Yayayayay!

 

“We’ve given Chanhee’s parents you mobile number and Chanhee will contact you about the details of the first date.”

He’s already got my number! But we’re going on three dates? Woooooooooooooh!

 

“Okay, thank-you appa and omma. I’m very excited to get to know Chanhee.” I couldn’t contain myself any longer, as I broke into a cheesy smile.

 

“I should go now, I don’t want to be late to uni!” I flashed them a reassuring smile, as they smiled back and I was sure that that was the happiest moment in my life. Ever.

 

 


CHUNJI’S POV:

 

Appa was still on his business trip and he planned to get back before my engagement with _____.

 

As I woke up and got ready, wondering what to do, as I couldn’t catch up with ___ as she had uni, omma told me the good news. Truthfully, I only caught on the most exciting excerpts of the conversation, being:

 

“to get to know her better,”

 

“both of you have similar interests,”

 

“to stop the awkwardness,”

 

“engagement is next week,”

 

“I know you’re excited,”

My ears perked up at this one, of course I was! So much I couldn’t even contain myself.

 

“So we have allowed for a date before the engagement,” Mwo? Did I hear that correctly?

“Actually three dates, please choose them nicely Chanhee,”

 

“Show her you good side,”

 

“Here’s her number,” my mum handed me her number written on a sticky note.

 

“And because you have been good, by going on the business trip with your father and behaved in a mature manner, here is your phone back.”

 

I pretty much jumped with joy!

 

Three dates?

 

It’s going to be the best week ever!

The happiest news that I’ve ever heard is this!

Yayayayayayayayay!

 

Thanking my beautiful mother, I wandered off, thinking of when and where I would take _____ for a date.