Lunch Date

Secret Girlfriend

MY POV:

I felt pretty shy, not knowing who the guy was, that my parents had planned for me to marry. I looked up to see my boyfriend, Lee Chan Hee, standing between his father and my father.

 

We both exchanged glances and his eyes seemed to convey a message. It seemed like it was a look of ‘don’t tell them anything yet- I’ll talk to you later.’

I was okay with that, seeing as both our parents and Chanhee’s brother didn’t know of our secret relationship.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Mr and Mrs Lee.” I said politely.

 

“Ah, just call me ommoni, okay?”

 

“Oh, nae ommoni,”

 

“Aigoo, you’re daughter has grown so much Jinah! Shall we sit down?”

 

We all took our places at the table, the seating arrangement as follows:

My mum, me, Chanhee oppa’s mum, Chanhee’s brother, Chanhee’s father, Chanhee, and my father.

 

The table was circular. If I stretched out my hands, I could totally reach Chanhee oppa.

 

Entrée came in, as Chanhee’s and my parents both talked. It seemed like they wanted to create conversation between Chanhee and I, trying to figure out similar interests that we had. It also felt like they wanted to make the actual engagement between Chanhee and Iess awkward and tense.

Chanhee’s older brother brother just nodded to everything in agreement.

 

“Oh ____, you go to Seoul National University right?”

“Nae, majoring in music composition.”

“Oh, I heard you got an early acceptance, very smart! It seems like both you and Chanhee share similar interests in music.”

“Nae, ommoni.”

 

Then it was Chanhee’s question time, this time with my dad;

 

“So, Chanhee-ah, how is being an idol? I’ve heard you have lots of fans!”

“Oh, I have pretty busy schedules when we promote, as we are really popular worldwide. I’ve recently come back from our tour in Europe, and am currently on vacation from our recent comeback in Korea.”

“Oh, wow, sounds fun! It’s good to see you follow your interests and hobbies and working your career around them!”

 

We finished entrée, and as we all waited for mains to be served, I felt something tap my foot lightly. I looked up to see Chanhee wink at me.

 

“Mwo?” I mouthed.

 

Our parents were too engrossed in talking about organising the wedding, location and guests to notice us.

He moved his head to the side and then asked politely;

 

“Excuse me, umm, is it possible I could talk to _____ someplace else, in private?”

 

“Of course!” our parents said in unison!

 

“Be nice to her, Chanhee-ah!”

 

“____ show your aegyo to Chanhee, ok? He’ll fall for you straight away!”

 

“As if he hasn’t already!”

 

Last comment from Chanhee’s brother! I think he suspected something between us, as I turned back to see him winking to Chanhee.

 

Chanhee and I went out, and upstairs, both of us red-faced!