A Vow

15 Minutes After Midnight

Victoria's POV

We were in the beautiful Maldives—just me and Nichkhun (plus WGM’s staff)—for a (honeymoon) vacation.

    I lay on the huge white bed next to Nichkhun, our bodies facing each other. Today was our second day here and we just got back from the party earlier. I was honestly tired from doing the ‘mission’ all day and so was Nichkhun. He couldn’t keep his eyes open during the bed scene recording.

   The moment the director yelled ‘cut’, his eyes immediately closed shut. I giggled at how cute he was. I closed my eyes as well, pretending to be asleep so the staff would just leave us like this. We were shooting in my room actually; Nichkhun’s room was just next door. The staff gave us connective rooms.

    The staff tried waking Nichkhun up, but it was too late. He was already sleeping like a rock. Instead the staff asked me to move to Nichkhun’s room. Even though it was just literally a few steps away, I was too tired and also because I didn’t want to move so I just kept my eyes closed, threw some sleepy whines and pretended to sleep and they bought it. They finally left us alone, well not entirely. The staff kept the room camera on so they can keep an eye on us.

    We only lay there, but I was absolutely happy. It was the first time we were sleeping on the same bed, at night. Usually we just take short naps together in our home during breaks from recording but tonight felt more… nice? I giggled.

    Nichkhun had already dozed off hours ago but I couldn’t force myself to sleep. I keep staring at his angelic face. Suddenly Nichkhun stretched and leaned closer, continuing on sleeping. I wanted to his cheek but I felt like the non-blinking camera there would set off an alarm if I touched him. I rolled my eyes with annoyance. It’s not like we were going to do anything.

    I was a tad disappointed at that fact. How could he sleep so soundlessly when here I was, next to him, on the same bed, only a few inches away, in the middle of the night and wearing very thin shorts! I shook my head and pressed my lips together to stop myself from giggling.

    This was enough. Just being next to him is enough.

    I closed my eyes to join Nichkhun with his slumber when suddenly my pillow shook and… vibrated?

 

 

 

I woke up with a jolt. It was a dream? No, not a dream but a memory of the dream I used to live in. I sighed.

   The alarm on my phone went off causing my pillow to shook. I groaned and turned the piercing alarm off. I looked at the time with half-closed eyes; it was 5 in the morning. I stretched and shuffled towards the bathroom.

   The F(x) members were still asleep since their rooms were still dark and I could hear their soft snores. I knocked on their doors loudly.

    “Wake up, girls. Rise and shine.” I chuckled when I heard them respond by groaning, complaining, whining and groaning again.

    I skipped into the bathroom and jumped back when I saw my reflection in the mirror—I looked worse than a Sadako! My hair was dishevelled, my face was pale and my eyes were red and puffy.

    “Awww, this is worse than having dark circles under my eyes.” I whined. I washed my face a couple of times but my eyes were still bright red against my white skin. I clapped my hands on my face and shook my head furiously. “Arrrgh, so annoying.”

   With a long and heavy sigh, I brushed my teeth, hopped into the shower and dried my hair. I stepped out of the bathroom and Amber was waiting for her turn to use the shower.

    “Oh Unnie, what’s with your face? Are your eyes blushing or something?”

    “Haha, very funny.” I said sarcastically. “Eyes don’t blush Amber.” I pointed bleakly.

    “Then why… wow they’re really red.” Amber took a closer look at my face. Aish, I should’ve just let the eyes blush thing be. Amber just stared at me with concern as she waited for my answer.  I racked up my brain to find an excuse.

    “Mosquitoe bites!” I blurted. It was the first thing that came into mind.

    Amber’s eyes grew wide and she exploded with laughter. “You’re… joking… right?” She managed to choke out between laughs. “Are you serious?” She asked when she was done laughing.

    “I forgot to close my bedroom window.” Amber nodded and snickered.

    I rolled my eyes and stalked off towards my room. I was annoyed at Amber but also relieved that she bought my ridiculous excuse. If it were Luna or Krystal, they would instantly know that I was crying and would ask all sorts of questions. I wasn't in the mood for that.

    I slipped on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt and tied my hair into a messy knot in just a few minutes—usually it takes me like an hour to get myself ready even if I didn’t have any work to do. I put on a thick amount of foundation and used up half a bottle of my concealer to hide the clear redness around my eyes. I examined myself in the mirror and was satisfied with how normal my face looked.

    I went towards the living room and Sulli was continuing sleeping on the couch while Luna and Krystal were curled up on the floor, their towels wrapped securely around their bodies.

    “Yah, why are you guys still sleeping. Get up!” I nagged. I hit each of them with a small pillow until they finally gave up on sleeping peacefully.

    “But Unnie… I’m still tired!” Sulli whined, her eyes still closed. Luna and Krystal nodded in agreement. I sighed and shook my head.

    “Don’t you guys have a schedule this morning? Go get ready while I make breakfast.” I put my hands on my hip as I was in Vic-Omma mode. I’m an only child so having members who are younger than I am and more childish and immature made me feel more like a mother. I see them as little kids rather than growing teenagers.   

    I looked around the refrigerator and decided to make grilled cheese and ham. I chopped up the tomatoes and lettuces while grilling the toast with cheese and ham and set up the dining table when everything was done. I took a seat on the dining chair and realized that I did everything in just 10 minutes.   

    “Awww, why did I make breakfast too fast?” I knew that the girls would take more than 30 minutes to get ready and since breakfast is done, my mind is now free to think about… him.

    I actually wasn’t in the mood to cook this morning but my mind becomes more focused whenever I’m cooking so I thought it would distract me for a while—ugh, I should’ve cooked something difficult and complex instead. That should’ve kept my mind on track.

    I sighed. I’ve been sighing a lot today and it’s only 7 in the morning. I suddenly wondered if Nichkhun was already up by now. Usually I would be calling him to wake up at this time. A memory of me trying to wake him up at our house popped in my mind. A giggled escaped my lips. He can be such a rock when he’s asleep but I remembered thinking how angelic his sleeping face was. A small smile spread across my face.

    “Oh, she’s back.” A voice suddenly said, making me jump.

    “Huh?” I was dazed for a second. The F(x) members were already eating their breakfast while staring at me. “Who’s back?” I finally asked after collecting my thoughts back together.

    “Unnie, we’ve been watching you stare off into space for 10 minutes.” Amber explained and took a big bite of her sandwich.

    “I thought you were sleeping with your eyes open.” Sulli said with full.

    “A statue. You were as still as a statue.” Krystal pointed out as she nodded.

    “What were you thinking about Unnie?” Luna asked, concerned.

    “Uh-um… I—”

   “Probably thinking about Nichkhun Appa.” Sulli interrupted before I could make up an excuse. The members laughed and I just smiled weakly. They didn’t question me anything anymore after that and continued eating.

    I couldn’t eat properly. I kept onchewing the same bite of sandwich in my mouth. I was somewhat relieved that the members hadn’t realized anything yet but I’m pretty sure sooner or later they will find out about the ‘divorce’. And when they do, I'm pretty sure they'll ask me all sorts of questions. I had already prepare myself with answers. My answer would be simple. I would say I did like him but only as a friend and if they don't believe me I'll say I'm not interested on having a relationship right now. Full stop.

    But even so, they'll know I'm lying. They know me better than anyone and of course because my face is just so obvious to read. I sighed silently for what it seems like the hundredth time. It's going to be hard to forget him. Even though the show is over but we would still see each other at events and programmes. Now that we’re both famous as the Khuntoria Couple, I’m sure we’ll be invited to lots of interviews and such. I can’t possibly forget him if I keep seeing his face. I was getting furious with myself. When did I become so messed up?

    Okay, that’s it! I had enough of this. I’m going to forget him, end of story. I, Song Victoria vowed to forget about him and pursue my dream in being a top notch performer. Yes, I’m going to focus on my career and only my career. I will not ruin my career and myself for something that's not real. I'm going to work hard to make my family and members proud. Victoria fighting!

    The members didn’t realize that I was giving myself a silent pep-talk in my mind. If they did, they’ll think I’m nuts. But I felt good after that. My mind was more at ease than earlier.  I smiled, a bit more brightly than before.

   “Oh, that’s weird. Manager Oppa just texted me.” Luna said with surprised. That was weird because he usually would call me first if there’s anything. “He’s waiting for us in the car.” Luna informed and stuffed the last piece of her sandwich in . The others hurriedly finished their breakfast and waved goodbye at me before leaving for their schedule.

    “Ah that reminds me. Unnie!” Krystal called from the front door. “Your phone kept buzzing when I went to borrow some concealer in your room. Oh, and by the way since your concealer was almost half empty, I used up the whole thing—kay, bye!” Krystal slammed the door before I could say anything. I just laughed and shook my head.

    I washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen before heading towards my room. I grabbed my phone and plopped myself on my bed. I wondered who called me. There were 3 missed calls from manager Oppa. I bet he texted Luna earlier because I didn’t pick my phone. And there was one unread message. It was sent at 3 in the morning.

    I opened the text message and at first I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. I read the contents over and over again and I still couldn’t understand it.

    The message was from the man I miss, the man I love, the man I vowed to forget.

 

 

~~~

Hi. I'm sorry that this chapter is a bit... useless? Honestly I didn't think much of this chapter cause I was too busy thinking about chapter 3. I was too excited to write chapter 3 that I lost interest to write chapter 2. I'm always like that... :( Sorry if this chapter is a bit disapointing.  I'll try making up to you guys on the next chapter. Sorry!!!