A Triangle Begins to Form

15 Minutes After Midnight

 

(FLASHBACK)

YEAR 2010

Nichkhun’s POV

“Khun-ah, you’re back!” I was greeted by Taecyon’s voice as I closed the dorm’s door shut. It was a little bit past midnight but why was everyone still up?

    “We all had been waiting for you.” Wooyoung said as he took a fistful of chips in his hand and stuffed them in his mouth. The guys were all sitting in front the TV with snacks in their hands.

    “What are you guys still doing up?” I asked as I squeezed in between Wooyoung and Junho on the couch.

    “I told the guys about the producers wanting you to give them more candidates.” Chansung answered.

    “We’re wife-hunting for you.” Junsu said, his eyes glued to the TV and a large bowl of popcorn in his hands. I looked at the TV and it was one of those music programmes.

    “You should still persuade them to do the show with Yoona but just in case, we’re going to find other alternatives.” Junho said as he handed me a bowl of chips.

    “We already deliberated on it and your candidates need to be from another company unless they chose Yoona of course.” Chansung explained. “If they decided not to pair you up with Yoona, it’s best if they chose someone from a different company.”

    “It’ll be really bad if your virtual wife is in the same company as Tiffany.” Junho nodded. I listened to them as I stuffed my mouth with the chips in my hands and traded the bowl of chips for the popcorn from Junsu.

   “Wow it’s T-ara!” Taecyon yelled excitedly when T-ara started performing in the music programme. “Ah, T-ara is from a different company right?”

   “Eunjung! She’s cute and really nice.” Taecyon suggested. “What do you think Khun-ah?” I looked at Eunjung on the TV screen. She was okay, I guess, but I would still feel uncomfortable to work with her. My mind was still on Tiffany.

    “I don’t know, what differences does it make? I need to work with SNSD, that’s the only way I’ll get through this.” I exclaimed.

    “How about someone from our company?” Wooyoung suggested.

    “Are you crazy? I can’t marry family.” I yelled. Everyone who’s in JYP are like family to me. It’ll be really awkward to work with them like that.

    “That’s exactly my point. It’ll be just the same if you were to work with Yoona.”

    “Wooyoungie’s right. You both would know each other and feelings won’t be involve!” Taecyon exclaimed.

    “So which girl-group should he pick?” Junho asked.

    “Miss A!” Junsu yelled, pointing at the TV screen again.

    “Can’t, they’re busy with their debut.” Chansung reminded us. Everyone groaned in frustration.

   “4Minute?” Wooyoung asked as they appeared on the TV. We all shook our heads. We spent the rest of the hour arguing on who would be perfect to play as my wife without any complications forming along the way.

    Everyone’s eyes were slowly closing and so were mine as I watched the TV screen. I could already hear soft snores coming from the guys. I was about to close my eyes when something on the TV screen caught my attention. My heart fluttered really fast.

    “F(x)!” I yelled, pointing at the screen. The guys abruptly got up and looked around, stunned.

    “What…?” Taecyon asked with half closed eyes.

    “F(x)?” Wooyoung asked, his eyes still closed. “No, they’re from SM.”

    “It’s getting late Khun Hyung. Let’s get some sleep.” Chansung said as he stifled a yawn. The guys went back to sleep and I switched off the TV.

    It was weird. I wondered why I reacted like that when I saw F(x) just now. But before I could think of an answer, I fell asleep on the couch.

 

Min Jae POV

“The producers of WGM called me yesterday. They told me that you wanted to do it with Yoona?” Jin Young asked Nichkhun. We were all in Jin Young’s office. I was leaning against the wall as I watched them both sitting in the middle of the room.

    Nichkhun nodded but showed no signs to explain why.

    “Sorry to say this but Yoona can’t do the show with you so here,” He handed Nichkhun a piece of paper. “The producers faxed me a list of girl groups that you might be interested in.” Nichkhun took a quick scan at it. “Just give me one name from each group.” He explained.

    “Why can’t I just do it with Yoona?” Nichkhun persisted as he placed the piece of paper on the glass table.

    “I just told you she can’t do it. Yoona’s schedule is too packed.” Jin Young lied. I already told him about the boy’s plan. The producers called Jin Young yesterday to confirm with him that Yoona will be his virtual wife but Jin Young quickly rejected it. “They want more candidates from you. Common Khun-ah, just say the first name that pops into your mind.” Jin Young said as he took back the piece of paper. Nichkhun sighed and crossed his arms over his chest.

    “Okay, T-ara?” Jin Young started asking.

    “Eunjung-ssi maybe. Soyeon’s okay too.” He answered with a shrug.

    “4Minute?”

    “Ga Yoon-ssi?”

    “Secret?”

    “Uh… Hyo… Hyosung? Is that her name? Yeah, Hyosung-ssi?” I shook my head at Nichkhun’s nonchalant attitude. Jin Young looked exasperated with his answers as well.

    “What about KARA?”

    “KARA? Um, Seungyeon-ssi?”

    “Rainbow?”

     “Um… I don’t know! Hyung can we please stop this.” I sighed as I watched Nichkhun’s frustrated expression.

    “Okay, okay. Last one.” Jin Young said and Nichkhun only sighed.

    I had never seen his face so tensed like this. I felt really bad for him.

   “F(x)?” My back straightened when I saw his expression changed abruptly.

    “Victoria!” Jin Young jumped in his seat when Nichkhun almost yelled her name out but then nodded. I saw the edges of Nichkhun’s ears turning slightly pink.

    “Okay, you can go now.” Nichkhun quickly got up, bowed at Jin Young and left the office. “If Taecyon was in this situation, it’s believable. But Nichkhun? Wah, I still can’t believe that sweet kid would get caught into this mess.” Jin Young sighed in frustration as he took a seat on the leather chair behind his desk. He rubbed his temples slowly.

    I walked towards him, a smile playing on my lips. “What are you smiling about? I feel like my head’s going to explode any minute now.” He continued massaging his temples. I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

    “Didn’t you see that?” I asked.

    “See what? Don’t play games with me now.” I sighed with frustration.

    “Don’t you think it’s a bit weird that Nichkhun seems disinterested in all the girl groups you’d mention except for F(x)?” I asked, my smile growing wider. Jin Young just looked at me confusingly. “I thought I already told you about what I saw during Star King yesterday?” I look at him with disbelief.

    “Oh!” He clasped his hands together. “Victoria!” Finally he gets it.

    “I think Victoria is the only one who can break those two up.” Jin Young nodded.

    “From the way you told me about those two yesterday, I can sense that they both must have great chemistry.” I nodded in agreement. I suddenly felt really bad about all this. I felt like I was betraying Nichkhun and taking advantage of Victoria. I hung my head low as the guilt started consuming me.

    Jin Young seemed to be in a happier mood. He took out his phone and started dialling.

    “Hello? This is Jin Young from JYP. It’s about Nichkhun’s bride-to-be.” He winked at me but I just smiled bleakly. Oh my god, is this really the right thing to do?

    “Has it been decided?” I could hear the producer’s faint voice from the phone

    “Yeah, it’s decided. I want Song Victoria.”

 

Victoria’s POV

“Annyeonghaseyo Sajangnim!” I greeted cheerfully as I entered Lee Soo Man’s office. “You wanted to see me?”

    “Ah Victoria. Come, please take a seat.” He stood up from his leather chair and gestured for me to sit on the chair in front of his desk. I smiled politely at him as we both took our seats.

    “Why did you want to see me?” I asked curiously. He let out a husky laugh and smiled.

    “I got great news for you.” My eyes widened with excitement. “I’ve signed you up to be on WGM.” He said enthusiastically.

    “Huh?” I was baffled for a minute. What? Me? On WGM?

    “Is there a problem? I thought you loved that show?” Sajangnim’s face looked worried. I quickly shook my head.

    “No, I mean I’m a big fan… but why me?” I asked, my brows knitting together.

    “Why can’t it be you?” He asked back with a laugh.

    “It’s just that, I’m still new in the industry and WGM is a really popular show. And I’m still not fluent in Korean so…” I was starting to panic. I was actually a bit stressed out ever since I’d debuted last year but I always kept it inside. Now that I have this huge opportunity in front of me, I don’t know whether I should accept it or not. What if I messed it up? What if I can’t keep up with the recordings? I was already swamped with F(x) activities.

    “Victoria, Victoria, relax. I’m not forcing you or anything, but please think about it.” Sajangnim said in a soft tone to calm me down. I smiled gratefully at him.

    “I’ll think about it.” I said, my mind still unsure whether I should just say no right now. To be honest, I didn’t want to do it. Sajangnim nodded and I excused myself.

 

 

“Unnie!” I turned around and saw Sulli and Krystal running down the hallway towards me.

    “Hey, I was just about to go to the practice room. What are you two doing here?” I asked. They both linked their arms on each side of mine and accompanied me towards the practice room.

    “Unnie, is it true?” Sulli asked, I raised an eyebrow.

    “That you’re going to be on WGM?” Krystal continued. They both stared at me with wide eyes. I sighed.

    “I don’t know.” I admitted. “I was thinking of declining the offer.”

    “What?” Krystal said with astonishment.

    “You can’t!” Sulli shook her head roughly. “This is like, a once in a life time opportunity!”

    “But I don’t think I have time to act like somebody’s wife when there’s so much to do regarding F(x) activities.” I sighed. “I don’t think I can do it.”

    “But Unnie, this is a great chance for you to promote F(x) and of course yourself as an artist.” Krystal reasoned. I thought about it.

   “What if I don’t get along with my partner? What if I don’t like him?”

   “I can highly doubt that someone could make you, the friendliest girl in the world, dislike anyone.” Krystal pointed out. Sulli nodded in agreement.

    “I still don’t know girls. I’m already a bit stressed.” They both looked at me apologetically and rested their heads on my shoulders. I sighed.

    “Hey, guys! Are you going to use the practice room now?” I looked up and saw Seohyun walking out of the practice room.

   “Seohyun Unnie! Our Victoria got an offer to be WGM!” They both yelled at Seohyun. I quickly shushed them.

    “It’s not official yet so you can’t tell anyone about it.” I scolded but Sulli and Krystal just smiled sheepishly. Seohyun giggled.

    “Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone, but wow, congrats!” Seohyun congratulated but I shook my head.

    “But Unnie wants to reject the offer.” Sulli said in a sad tone.

    “She says she has no time to spare and that she’s a bit stress lately.” Krystal stated in the same tone.

    “Really?” Seohyun asked with surprised. Sulli and Krystal nodded, their lips slightly pouting. I just shook my head at them. Why are they acting so melodramatic today? “But Victoria Unnie, I think you should just accept the offer. At first I was a bit sceptical too but now I’m glad that I joined the show.” Oh I forgot that Seohyun was doing WGM with Yonghwa.

    “Does the show get in the way of your regular schedules?” I asked. “And how does the show works actually?” I asked again. Seohyun laughed.

    “It’s okay, it was confusing for me at first too but after a while it gets really fun and exciting. Plus, I have gotten a lot closer with Yonghwa so he always listens to my problems and helps me out. I think it could lessen your stress if you entered the show because you would always have someone to talk too. In a way it feels like being married for real.” Seohyun explained and I nodded as I thought about it.

    Should I just accept the offer? If what Seohyun said is true than what harm can it do, right? I am pretty curious on who my husband is going to be. What the heck, it’s just for fun.

    “I need to go.” I abruptly said. “Thanks again Seohyun-ah.” I patted her shoulder before walking towards Sajangnim’s office.

    “Unnie, where are you going?” I could hear Sulli called from behind me. I stopped and turned around to look at them with a smile on my face.

    “I’m going to accept the offer!” I called back and laughed when I heard the three of them cheered.

 

 

“I’m home!” I called as I entered my dorm. I saw the girls were busy watching TV and reading magazines in the living room

    “Unnie!” They all yelled in unison. Luna got up from the floor and pulled me towards the couch.

    “Unnie, let’s go out tonight.” Luna asked hopefully, her eyes sparkled as she pleaded.

    “Yeah Unnie, tonight is your last night of being single.” Amber winked and we all laughed. I felt my cheeks burning.

    “Yah! It’s just a show.” I yelled at them. “You’re making me more nervous.” I murmured and we all laughed again.

    Tomorrow is my first day shooting for WGM. I was really excited to see who my husband will be and I was also really nervous about it. I just hoped that we would get along really well.

    “Ooooh, let’s have a bachelorette party?” Sulli suggested.

    “American style?” Luna asked.

    “Yah, what American style? You’re all underage.” I scolded.

    “You’re right, it would be no fun if Unnie’s the only one getting drunk.” Krystal pointed out. I playfully slapped her forearm and she laughed.

    “How about we go out for dinner?” Sulli proposed. We all nodded in agreement.

    “That’s not a bad idea. Dinner for just the five of us?” Luna asked.

    “Let’s invite SNSD Unnies. It would be a lot more fun with them around.” Krystal said enthusiastically. I gave her a two thumbs up as the rest nodded.

    “Let me ask them if they’re free tonight.” Sulli took out her phone and dialled a number, she turned the phone on ‘speaker’. We all waited anxiously for someone to pick up as the phone beeped.

    “Hello?”

    “Taeyeon Unnie! It’s Sul!” Sulli said cheerfully.

    “Oh Sul, what’s up?”

    “Unnie, tomorrow our Victoria is going to get married!” She squealed.

    “Oh really? Wah, congrats to Victoria Unnie, haha. Are you guys having a celebration party tonight?” She asked.

    “We wanted to ask you and your members out for dinner tonight.”

    “Really? Yeah, all our members are in the dorm right now and we haven’t eaten yet too. What are we eating tonight?” Sulli turned to look at me questioningly.

    “What should we eat tonight?” I just shrugged and then I got an idea. I walked closer towards Sulli.

    “Should I just cook dinner for everyone tonight instead of going out?” I asked Taeyeon. My members were already nodding in agreement. Wide smiles formed on their faces.

    “Girls, Victoria Unnie said she’s going to cook for us.” I heard Taeyeon yelled, probably at her members.

    “Yay!!!” I laughed when I heard the rest of Taeyeon’s members cheering in the background.

    “You should cook at our dorm. Our kitchen’s bigger.” I laughed and said okay.

    “We’ll see you in an hour. Bye Unnie!” Sulli hung up the phone and clapped her hands. “Wow, we’re going to have so much fun tonight.” She jumped up and down and she was now joined by Luna and Krystal as they squealed with excitement.

   “Okay, okay, that’s enough. Go get ready. We need to go to the market and buy some ingredients before we go to SNSD’s dorm.”

    “Food shopping time!” Luna exclaimed and went into her room to change. I shook my head as I watched the four of them fight on who should use the bathroom first.

    I walked towards the kitchen table and started writing ingredients to buy on my small notebook. I suddenly smiled to myself as I wondered if I’m going to go buy ingredients to cook for my husband like this. I felt butterflies in my stomach and my heart was beating rapidly.

    “Mrs ‘Something’ Victoria.” I giggled when I realized that I had written the thought down on my notebook.

    I smiled and drew a heart around it.

 

Tiffany’s POV

Hey, tomorrow’s the first day of recording for WGM. But don’t believe anything I say cause it’s all going to be scripted. So don’t worry, okay?

I miss you.

Yours for infinity,

Khun

 

    I read the text again and again as a consolation to comfort myself. I was sitting my car as my manager drove me home. I just finished a long photo-shoot and can’t wait to see what Taeyeon had made for dinner tonight. I could hear my stomach’s faint grumblings. Ugh, I ‘m so hungry.

    I look back at my phone and sighed. I haven’t seen Nichkhun for months now. I wondered what I did so wrong to get myself stuck in this mess. Maybe it was my fault for falling in love with Nichkhun. I didn’t intend to fall for him, it just happened.

    I remembered how lost he looked when I first met him. He looked so different from what I’d imagined. When I first saw his face, the first thing I thought was, he’s a player. Handsome face, chivalrous personality, hot body… who wouldn’t think like that? But when I saw how quiet and uncomfortable he was then, I really thought he was cute.

    And then we became friends and my feelings for him grew. He never treated me like most guys would. He was sweet, caring and he treated me like I was the closest person to him. I never saw him laughed like how he would with anyone else except with me. Since we always conversed in English, he felt like he was talking to an old friend back home. Maybe that’s why I fell for him. When he’s with me, he’s a different Nichkhun.

    I even liked how he felt more close and comfortable with me than with his own members. The thought of me being special to him made me fall harder and deeper for him.

    “We’re here Fany.” Manager Oppa’s voice interrupted my thoughts. I looked out the window, we were in front of my apartment. I thanked my manager as I hopped off the car and started walking up the stairs towards my dorm. My stomach suddenly growled louder.

    I took out my key from my handbag and my stomach growled louder when I smelled something extremely divine coming out from behind the door.

    “I’m home! I’m starving. Oh my god, what is this smell?” I walked further into the living room and was greeted by my members and some familiar faces all seated around the dining table.

    “Tiffany, come and take a seat.” Victoria Unnie said as she pulled out a chair for me. Everyone was seated except for her who was busy serving the dishes. I took a seat and took a long whiff at the smell.

    “Why are you guys here?” I asked the F(x) members when Victoria placed a plate of fried rice with buttermilk chicken on the side in front of me. My mouth started to water.

    “Yah Fany-ah, didn’t you hear?” Jessica asked.

    My eyes were still glued to my plate. “What?”

    “Vic Omma is getting married!” Sulli squealed and Victoria playfully slapped her arm in embarrassment as she took a seat next to her. My eyes tore away from the plate to everyone, eyes wide and surprised. Everyone laughed. What?! Victoria is getting married? I turned to look at Victoria who was giggling.

    “I’m going to get virtually married.” She emphasized as she glared at Sulli. She laughed and turned to look at me. “I’m going to be on WGM.” She explained.

    My heart stopped. Did she say… WGM?

    “Do you know who your husband is going to be?” Sunny asked teasingly. Victoria shook her head and blushed.

    “Wah, I’m hungry. Let’s eat.” Victoria distracted and popped a spoonful of rice into . Everyone laughed and started eating.

    “Who do you think would be the lucky man?” Yuri asked, a teasing smile on her face. The girls started chatting about potential idols that might be Victoria’s husband.

    It won’t be him right? It can’t be right? Maybe she’s doing it with someone else.

    “When does the shooting start?” I asked after being silent for so long.

    “Tomorrow, sometime around noon I think.” Victoria answered. “Why?” I shook my head and let out a weak laugh.

    “Just curious.” I looked at my untouched plate. My stomach suddenly felt extremely full right now.

    I took out my phone and opened the text Nichkhun had sent earlier. He’s also doing the WGM shoot tomorrow. Maybe it’s a coincidence? I shook my head and started texting.

 

What time is your shooting tomorrow?

 

    I pressed ‘send’. After a few long minutes, he replied.

 

Noon maybe.

 

I sent him another text.

 

Do you know who your partner is going to be tomorrow?

  

    I pressed ‘send’ again.

 

No, I still don’t know yet. Why?

 

    I placed my phone on the table and just stared at my plate. So Victoria… She’s going to be Nichkhun’s wife. I’ve known Victoria for some time now but I was never close with her. I barely knew her too. All I know is that she’s really cheerful and friendly.

    Victoria is really pretty too… I was suddenly worried. What if Nichkhun falls for her? Most of Super Junior Oppas already did and there’s a possibility that he might as well. My heart pounded hard in my chest making it hard to breathe.

    Stop it Tiffany. You know he’s not like other guys. He loves you, my mind scolded. I sighed. I shouldn’t doubt Nichkhun. I know how much he loves me and he would never betray me like that. I trust him.

    “Here.” I snapped out of my own thoughts and  realized I was the only one left in the dining room. I looked up to see Victoria handing me a glass of light brown liquid. “It’s herbal tea. It’s good for indigestion.” She placed the glass on the table and smiled.

   “Huh? Oh thank you.” I gulped down every dropped of the tea and my stomach started to growl again. I heard Victoria giggled behind me.

    “Let me heat this up for you.” I just smiled at her as she took my untouched plate and heated it in the microwave for me. She even gave me another glass of the herbal tea.

    “Thanks.” I said. I looked at her  apologetically. She must think I’m rude for not eating her food.

    “No, no it’s fine.” She smiled as she pulled out a chair next to me and sat. I looked at her questioningly.

    “It’s okay, you can just leave me here.” I said as I took a bite of the fried rice. Wow, this is so good. I took another bite.

    “I’m good.” She grinned at me. I took another bite and heard her laughed. “You must be really hungry.” I smiled sheepishly.

     “This is really good, by the way.” I complimented and smiled at her.

    “Let me refill your glass. It’s almost empty.” Before I could say anything, she got up, took my glass and went into the kitchen. I stared at her direction.

    “She’s really sweet…” I murmured to myself.

    I snatched my phone on the table and started texting.

 

Just don’t fall in love with her.

 

~~~

Hello! I was bored so I wrote this chapter but it's pretty bland, sorry. If I have time I'll fix it a bit. 

How do you guys like my poster? I worked really hard on it. I thought it turned out quite okay.

Haha, okay then, I guess I'll update as soon as I can.