A Falling Star

15 Minutes After Midnight

 

Nichkhun’s POV

I stared at my phone’s screen.

 

Hey, I miss you. There’s still a few weeks left before the tour ends. Can’t wait to come back and see you <3

Tiffany

 

    This was the first text Tiffany had sent in months since she went to do a tour around Asia. I sighed. I don’t even know what our relationship status is actually. I thought she finally let go of me when she never contacted me for a while, but based on this text, she must think otherwise.

    I sighed again and lightly tossed my phone in my bag. I didn’t want to reply her text and give her more false hope. Even from before she went on tour, I was completely avoiding and ignoring her. Hoping she would get the idea and finally give up on me. But no. She was still persistent. I don’t even know what to do now.

    “Khun-ah! Just the person I’m looking for.” I looked up and it was the manager for the production team in my company. “Are you busy tonight?”

    “I have a schedule later and I’m not sure what time it’ll end. Why?” He took a seat next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, his face serious.

    “Have a drink with me.” He stated as though it was mandatory.  I laughed and shook my head.

    “Sorry Hyung, but the last time I had a drink with you, things went pretty wild.”

    “Aw common, just this one time. I promise.” He folded both his hands in front of me in a pleading gesture. I hesitated a bit.

    “Why can’t you invite someone else instead? I think Taec is free tonight.” I suggested and he pressed his lips together in protest.

    “I’m going to have a massive hangover if I go for a drink with him.” He said and I sighed. The production team manager keeps asking me out for drinks because he needs someone to send him home after he gets drunk and for some reason I was always the babysitter. Maybe it’s because I’m more responsible when it comes to drinking than my other members. Always drink less if the rest drinks more, that’s my motto.

    “Okay fine.” I finally gave in, mostly because I was worried about who’s going to take care of him after he gets wasted. He let out a triumph cheer and I shook my head at him. “I’ll meet you at the bar after I’m finish with my schedule.”

 

 

“So~~~ What do you want to do after this?” The production team manager yelled as he threw another shot of beer in his mouth. It’s only been 30 minutes since I got here but he’s already drunk to the bone. I don’t understand why he loves to drink so much.

    “We’re going home after this Hyung.” I said to him, not sure if he was too drunk to understand me or not.

    “Eh?! Home? No~~~ I want to stay!” He whined as he hugged the marble table in front of us. I sighed and nodded.

    “Okay, okay.”

    “Khunnie-ah, let’s do a couple shot!” He suddenly said and I shook my head at him. He let out a whine.

    “If I drink then who’s going to take you home?” I reasoned and he whined again.

    “Nichkhun-ssi,” I look up and I almost forgot that a few of the staffs from the production team also tag along. “I can take him home for you. He doesn’t live far from my place, so don’t worry.”

    “Really? Thanks. To be honest I’m not really in the mood to babysit him tonight.”

    “Have a drink, you look like you need one. Something wrong?” I only shook my head at him and smiled. I took a sip of the Coke I had ordered earlier, the gas bubbles stinging my throat.

    My mind suddenly thought about a message I received earlier.

 

Fans sent me a lot of couple gifts for us while I was in China. I’ve already sent your half of the gifts to your manager. It’s almost a year but yet fans are still so supportive. Haha~

Victoria

 

    After meeting back with Victoria on Radio Star, we exchanged numbers and texted a few times. Usually it’s about concerts or fan gift, but I was still happy. Knowing that she has my number on her contact list comforts me. Like she really does want to stay friends with me rather than cut me out of her life forever.

    But being friends seemed like the only option for us. It hurts me too much to be strangers and it hurts her too much if we’re together. Being friends is the only safe zone.

    I stared at the beer bottles lined in front of me. With another sigh, I grabbed one bottle and drank.

 

Victoria’s POV

I woke up with a gasp. I looked around and started to panic when I couldn’t see anything. My breathing finally slowed down when my eyes started adjusting to the dark. I was in my room.

    I looked at the digital clock on my nightstand and it was already past 3 in the morning. I sighed, did I have a nightmare? I tried remembering back but I didn’t think I had any dreams at all. I felt beads of sweat trickling down my back and forehead. I wiped them away with the back of my hand and lay back down.

    Why do I feel so off right now? My heart was pounding really hard in my chest. Something didn’t feel right but I closed my eyes shut and tried to ignore whatever feelings forming in my stomach and fell back to sleep.

 

 

I yawned and looked at the time. It was already past 8. I lazily got up from my bed and went towards the bathroom out in the hall. I was surprised to hear the TV on so early.

    I went towards the living room and all my members were already awake, their eyes glued to the TV.

    “You guys are up early.” I said but they didn’t say a word, eyes still focused and non-blinking. “What are you guys watching?” I tore my eyes away from them and towards the TV. My eyes widened and my jaw fell as I watched the morning news playing on the screen.

 

2PM's Nichkhun has been allegedly caught driving under the influence of alcohol.

On July 24th at 3:30AM, Nichkhun was involved in a car accident while driving in Gangnam. The singer was allegedly under the influence of alcohol when he rear-ended a motorcycle.

His blood alcohol level was measured at 0.056%, a percentage where he will be subjected to his license becoming suspended.

 

    I couldn’t believe what I was hearing on the news. Nichkhun was involved in an accident? I cupped my mouth in shock when the news showed pictures and videos of the accident.

    “Oh my god, is this really happening?” Sulli murmured softly, probably still trying to process the shock. No one said another word as we continued staring at the TV.

    “The motorcyclist was injured and is going through treatment in a hospital.” Krystal repeated after the news. As if hearing it twice would finally make sense.

    “Unnie, are you okay?” I didn’t realize I was shaking until Luna suddenly rubbed my shoulders roughly.

    “Unnie, calm down. Everything’s going to be fine.” Amber tried to comfort me but my chest suddenly rippled roughly, making it hard to breathe.

    “Oh my gosh!” Everyone, including me, turned to look at Krystal who was gaping at her phone. She gave me a wary looked when our eyes met.

    “What is it?” I finally said but before Krystal could respond, I snatched the phone from her hands.

    I staggered a bit as I read the cruel comments netizens and fans had posted online about Nichkhun. Amber took the phone out from my hands and I fell back limply on the couch, still in a mixture of confusion and shock.

    “Whoa, it hasn’t been a day but the comments are already piling up.” Amber said as she read the fans comments out loud for the rest of the members. “Wow, fans can be really harsh.”

    “Harsh? Those comments are really stupid. It was just an accident, not on purpose.” Sulli suddenly yelled as she roughly scrolled through the comments on Krystal’s phone.

    “Listen to this. Someone wrote, ‘He should go back where he came from. He’s unwelcomed here in Korea. How dare he come to our country and cause a wreck. He should just stay in Thailand’.” Luna cupped after she said the comment out loud. “Gosh, that’s just too much.”

    “Too much? That’s going overboard! Just because he made a mistake, suddenly he’s some kind of convict?” Amber let out in frustration.

    My eyes stung with hot tears but they refused to fall and my throat felt jammed. How could this happen? I didn’t feel surreal. Maybe I was still dreaming. Maybe I’m still in my bed, asleep. This can’t be really happening?

    Ni-Nichkhun… is… is he okay? My inner-voice was literally shaking in my head.

    I couldn’t take it anymore. I got up from the couch and ran towards my room. I could hear my members calling my name but I ignored them as I frantically searched for my phone. My hands trembled viciously as I struggled to hold my phone properly. With shaking fingers, I started dialling. I placed the phone on my ear as I waited.

Beep

    Please, answer it.

Beep

    Please.

Beep

    Nichkhun.

Beep…

 

 

~~~

Hey guys, I got bad news. I’m going hiatus for a bit. It’s not long, I promise. I’m just busy with school and I’ll be out of my country with my family for a bit for a vacation and I don’t think I have time to write the next chapter. But don’t worry, I won’t abandon this story. I’ve made all of you suffer by reading this story and I’m going to make sure you guys get the ending you deserved.

I hope you guys continue to support my story and I’m really, really grateful for everything. And I’m sorry if I disappointed you guys with this story. But I promise I’ll try harder to reach your expectation from me. Fighting!

So, until next time…

Love you guys,

aishah3