The Last Time

15 Minutes After Midnight

Victoria’s POV

My phone rang and my eyes widened when I saw the caller ID. It was Kyuhyun.

    I haven’t seen him for almost a week, since that night at Rain’s party. I hesitated for a moment but eventually answered him.

    “Hey.” He said, his voice sounded cheery.

    “H-hi.” I bit my nails as I sat upright on my bed.

    “I haven’t seen you around for a few days. Are you okay?” He asked. He still worries about me, I thought and I felt even more awful.

    “Yeah… Just got the flu.” I faked a cough and sniffed but Kyuhyun let out a soft chuckle.

    “You’re avoiding me.” It wasn’t a question. But before I could deny it he continued, “Don’t say you’re not. You totally are avoiding me.” I sighed.

    “Shouldn’t you be avoiding me as well?” I finally had compiled enough courage to say those words.

    “Why should I?” Kyuhyun asked, still in his cheery tone. I sighed again.

    “Because…” I was too embarrassed to say it so I just trailed off, knowing he would understand.

    “Because what?” Babo!

    “Because I tried to kiss you!” I yelled frustratingly and the other end went totally silent.

    “Qiannie-ah.” After a moment, he finally responded by saying my name softly. His tone sent blades down my throat.

    “Don’t. Don’t talk to me like that.”

    “Talk like what Qiannie-ah?” His voice was still warm and comforting.

    “Like that! Like you don’t hate me.”

    “But I don’t hate you.” He convinced.

    “Liar!” I yelled and I heard him sigh.

    “Fine.” His tone had finally lost its gentleness.

    Good, he should be mad at me. I deserve it.

   “Since you want it so damn badly, then okay. I hate you!” I jumped at the sudden harshness. I knew that I was just overreacting a bit, but I never thought he would actually say it. I felt something tightening in my chest. “I hate you for ruining yourself just for Nichkhun. I hate you for blaming yourself for everything because of Nichkhun. I hate you for always getting yourself hurt over and over again by Nichkhun. I hate you for being stupid to always go back to Nichkhun.” I winced as he stressed out the word ‘hate’ each time. “And I hate you because despite everything he did to you, you always forgive that—”

    I closed my eyes shut and stopped listening when he started cursing his mouth off on the other line. I wanted to hang up but I couldn’t. Despite how horrible he was being, every word he said was the truth. A tear rolled down my cheek and I bit the inside of my cheek to control myself.

    “Really Victoria, are you a masochist? Do you like getting played around by him for almost, what? 4 years? Yeah sure, maybe you two did have something during that stupid show, but truth is he was dating someone else and he’s still dating her. He chose Tiffany, Victoria. Every time, he still chose her. Does that truth still hasn’t sink in into your brain yet?”

    I pressed my lips together into a thin line as tears rolled down my cheeks furiously. I clenched the hemline of my shirt to stop the sobs from escaping. There was a long pause and I wondered if he’d hung up on me already, but then I heard him let out a soft sigh.

    “Are you crying?” Kyuhyun asked, his voice was back to its old normal gentle tone. It felt so good to hear his familiar kind voice again that I nodded. “You know I can’t see you if you nod right?” He chuckled and it felt like the heaviness in my chest had been lifted instantly.

    “Oppa…” I croaked.

    “Yes?”

    “I’m sorry you hate me so much.” I said in a small voice as I curled myself into a small ball on my bed.

    “Then stop making me hate you.” He sighed again.

    “Oppa…”

    “Uh-uh?”

    “Okay.” I murmured. “I’ll stop.”

    “You’ll stop?” I wondered if his tone was confused or hopeful.

    “I rather lose him than lose a great friend like you. You’re my best friend, my family and I don’t want you to hate me anymore.”

    “It’ll be okay. I’m here for you. You’re members are there for you too. You’re family as well. Don’t forget all these people just for something that’s not real.” I nodded as I listened to him encouraging me. He’s right, I have so much to lose and so much to fight for. I can’t give up yet.

    “Oppa, thank you.”

    “No problem. Go to sleep, it’s late already and I’ll see you tomorrow okay?”

    “Okay, bye.” With that he finally hung up.

    I never felt this exhausted before. So many thoughts were running through my mind that I didn’t realize that I had fallen asleep.

 

 

I opened my eyes and it was pitched black. I didn’t remember turning off the lights, maybe one of my members did that for me. Well who turned the lights off  is not important. The question is who in the world was ringing the doorbell at—I squinted my tired eyes towards my digital clock—3 in the morning?!

    I roughly got up from my bed to stop the psycho who was continuously ringing the doorbell and hoped that none of my members are awakened by the racket. I stalked my way towards the front door, not bothering to switch on the living room’s lights and violently swung open the door.

    But before I could open my mouth and give the person a piece of my mind, I froze. It was Nichkhun.

 

 

I would really love it if you guys listen to this song, The Last Time while reading. I mean it’s like this song was custom-made for this chapter. Haha, I love Taylor Swift.

 

Nichkhun’s POV

I love beer. I so freaking love it. Soju’s bitter and rice wine tastes old and cheap. Wine’s nice and so is champagne. But those are better for a celebration and right now, I’m not in a celebrating mood.

Goodbye

    Tiffany’s voice had been repeating the same word over and over again. I feel awful, disgusted even towards everything that had happened.

    But what I’m really abhorred by is the fact that I actually feel relieved that Tiffany had broken up with me. How terrible can I be?

    I sighed. And what’s worse is, after all the that I did, here I was, standing in front of Victoria’s door, awfully drunk.

    I wondered what I should do. But the answer was obvious really. Stop trying to drag Victoria into my foul mess. Turned around and go home. It’s the right thing to do.

    But I didn’t turn around. And I didn’t want to go home. I want to see Victoria. I want to tell her I miss her. I want to tell her I was stupid. I want to tell her I’m sorry. I want to tell her I love her.

    No matter how wrong it is, it felt like this was where I should be. As stupid and selfish as it was, I’m going to see her.

    Even if it’s the last time.

 

Victoria’s POV

I opened my mouth but closed it back as Nichkhun stood only a few feet away from me. He looked at me with his solemn eyes that held great sadness and desperation in them. I could almost see the words that were playing in his mind—I’m sorry.

    But I’m sick of hearing him apologizing. I’m sick of it. Like Kyuhyun said, I can’t keep accepting his apologies and act like whatever this weird thing between us is okay. I can’t keep trying to fix things with him when all he’s going to do is break me into pieces again. I have to stop surrendering myself to him all the time. It’s pathetic Victoria!

    So I crossed my arms against my chest and glared at him, letting out an exasperated sigh.

    “Go home Nichkhun.” I said in my coldest tone. But Nichkhun only shook his head, the solemn expression still masking his face. I tried again. “It’s late and I have work tomorrow morning. So do me a favour and just go.”

    “Victoria.” The way he said my name with his familiar deep voice made me waver. I quickly shook my head and took a step back, wanting to just slam the door right at his face. But before I could do so, Nichkhun stumbled forward and I impulsively caught him in my arms, his head landed softly on my shoulder—my heart jumped wildly in my ribcage.

    But I quickly snapped out of it when I noticed the awful smell of alcohol drenching his entire being.

    “Nichkhun?” I asked, still frozen in surprise.

    “Hm?” He said groggily, like I had just disturbed him in his sleep. I tried to balance him up properly but he was too heavy. The strong smell was starting to sting my eyes. I wondered what had happened. Did something go wrong? Did he have a bad day?

    “Do you want to seat down and have a glass of water?” He shook his head slowly against my shoulder, his hair brushing against my neck as he does it.

    “No. I’m fine.” He said and he sounded awfully weak. I hesitated on what to do at the moment. Kyuhyun’s voice was practically yelling at me to just shove him off me and walked away in my mind. But… I sighed. I couldn’t. No matter how awful things had been between the two of us, Kyuhyun was right. I can’t just walk away from him.

    I let out a waived sigh as I slowly rubbed his back.

    “Why did you drink so much huh?” I asked, almost in a motherly tone. He let out a deep breath.

    “I missed you.” I felt my heart stopped beating. “This feels nice.” He nestled his head more comfortable against my shoulder and the throbbing in my chest grew more excruciating.

    “Okay come on, let’s get you home.” I quickly said before he could say anything else that can make me change my mind and regret it later. I already promised Kyuhyun I’ll give him up and this is just a test to see whether I can keep my promise or not. And I don’t want to disappoint him and myself anymore.

    I already know how the story will end if I just let Nichkhun back in like always. He will just go back to Tiffany. He will always go back to Tiffany. And I will always be the girl who’s waiting for him pathetically by the side lines. Well not anymore.

    Maybe I was desperate to have him leave that somehow I managed to drag his abnormally huge and heavy figure down towards the streets. He still hasn’t moved his head away from my shoulder and his eyes were still closed. He didn’t even say a single word when I practically dragged him around. Maybe he has already passed out from all the drinking.

    I managed to hail a cab—which was a miracle considering how late the time was—and slowly loaded Nichkhun in the back seat. I told the driver his address and before I could close the door, Nichkhun suddenly reached forward and grabbed my wrist. He looked awfully tired and there were purplish bruises under his eyes.

    “Don’t leave.” He said, so softly that I barely heard him. I hesitated for a moment but then realized that I shouldn’t be hesitating. I shook my head at him and tried to yank my hand away but his grip was too strong, even in his drunken condition. “Please.” He pleaded, his voice almost cracking. I stared at him, contemplating.

    “Okay.” I finally agreed as I get inside the cab’s stomach and sat next to him. “But this is the last time.” Nichkhun nodded and closed his eyes again.

    “The last time.” He breathed and he was silent after that. My left hand was still shackled by Nichkhun’s and—I’m hating myself right now but it felt nice to have his hand in mine again. I sighed, Kyuhyun’s going to be so pissed if he knew what I was doing right now.

    I looked out the window and realized how awful I look in the reflection. I ran a hand through my hair, untangling all the knots and massaged the area under my eyes. I leaned myself back against the leather seat and just focused on the smooth sound of the cab’s engine.

    I gasped when I felt something landed on my shoulder. I glanced over to see Nichkhun resting comfortably on my shoulder and I swore I felt him squeezed my hand a bit. I gazed at his sleeping face, he looks so peaceful. No one would guess what complicated things he was going through when they see how angelic his face was. I never thought someone like him could get himself in such a mess. The again, I never thought that would ever get caught in this sort of mess as well.

    “Excuse me Miss?” I snapped out of it and looked up at the cab driver. “We’re almost there.” He announced. I turned to look at Nichkhun again.

    “Can you drive around the neighbourhood a few times before we stop? I want him to sleep a little longer.” The driver beamed a small smile at me through the rear-view mirror and nodded.

    I watched the streetlights cast an illumination on Nichkhun’s face as we took another few minutes just cruising along the empty streets.

    “Nichkhun, just what are you trying to do to me?” I whispered but of course my question was unanswered. I gazed at his handsome features and memories started playing in my mind, all of them, good and bad. And I realized that this might really be it. The closure I’ve been waiting for. The final full stop of our story.

    I found myself wrapping my fingers with his’ a little tighter. Right now, in this small space of the cab’s back-seat, it feels like we were back in our world. A world me and Nichkhun had created during the WGM days. Where there’s no complication, no worries, no sadness, no heartbreak—just Nichkhun and me.

    Slowly, I landed my head on top of Nichkhun's, a small but quivering smile on my face. I took a deep breath as I swallowed back the sobs, choking on them as I do so. I closed my eyes as I nuzzled myself closer. A tear trickled down the side of my face but I didn’t bother to wipe it away. Because I’m happy.

    I took a deep breath as I inhaled the sweet last moment of us.

 

Nichkhun’s POV   

Hyung… Hyung… Hyung!!!

    I woke up with a gasp and cussed out with shock when Chansung’s face was only inches away from mine.

    “What the…” I sat up properly on my bed and rubbed my eyes. “What time is it?”

    “It’s almost 4 p.m!” Chansung yelled in my ear making me groan in pain.

    “What the hell?” I yelled back at Chansung and my head suddenly felt like it’s been rattled a hundred times. “Ow, my head.”

    “Your hangover is the least of your problems right now.” Chansung had his arms crossed and his face was serious.

    “What are you talking about?” I asked as I massaged my temples. I didn’t understand why Chansung was so angry at me.

    “My jacket.”

    “Huh? What?” I didn’t quite hear him over the ringing in my ears. Ugh, I feel like throwing up. Chansung let out a frustrated sigh and shot me a fierce glare as he held up something in his hand.

    “My jacket!” He almost screamed the words, making my ears rang even more. “You threw up on my brand new jacket and I can’t get the stain out. Do you know how expensive this was?”

    “So what? It’s just a jacket. I’ll pay you back later.” I waved him away as I got up from my bed. “Ugh, I need something to stop this throbbing in my head.” I mumbled as I shuffled towards the kitchen.

    “Fine. You owe me a new jacket.” Chansung agreed as he took a seat by the counter. I grabbed some pills for nasty hangovers from the cabinets and threw them in my mouth. The bitter taste almost comforting to the numbness of my tongue.

    “What happened yesterday?” Chansung asked as I gulped down a glass of water and pulled a chair across from him.

    “Yesterday?”

    “Yeah, yesterday.” He quickly prompted but my head was still spinning for me to think straight. He let out an exasperated sigh. “I mean, you disappeared after practice last night and came home at four in the morning completely drunk. Victoria was totally pissed when she came by to drop you off—” My eyes quickly shot wide open.

    “What did you say?” Chansung was startled for a moment when I almost shriek the words out then raised an eyebrow at me.

    “You don’t remember anything do you?” I shook my head at him. “Hyung, I was so shocked when Victoria knocked on the door at 4 in the morning with you clinging on to her like a sleeping child. She told me you had a bad day and drank too much. Seriously Hyung, she looked so mad. She even told me to tell you—” Chansung suddenly stopped and his face turned wary.

    “What? What is it?” I urged fretfully. He hesitated for a moment and if it weren’t for my aching head, I would’ve strangled him to spit it out already.

    “She said and I quote that she wants you to stop interfering with her life. That she’s had it with all your complicated crap and that she wishes for you to pull yourself together.” I sank back in my seat after Chansung had finished and just stared blankly at nothing.

    And then I remembered what happened. Tiffany broke up with me. I drank—a lot. I wanted to see Victoria. I went to her place. And then blank.

    But I think I know how the sequence went after that. I mean the last time Victoria saw me was half a year ago, yelling at her to get out from my life. Of course shes mad too see me again. It's only logic.

    I sighed.

    “Hyung, are you okay?” I didn’t want to answer him. Instead I just smiled, a small pathetic sad smile.

    I lay my head against the counter, the smooth surface cool against my cheek and closed my eyes.

    “Does your head still hurt?” I heard Chansung say. I nodded but that’s not all that hurts right now.

    “Yah, don’t you two know what time is it already?” I heard the front door burst open and Minjae Hyung’s voice booming with anger. But I still didn’t move away from my position. “What’s with him?” I heard him say.

    “Khun Hyung just woke up and he’s having a terrible headache.” Chansung explained. “He drank too much.” He whispered but I could clearly hear him. I heard someone sighed frustratingly.

    “Okay. Chansung-ah, get him to shower and sober up in 15 minutes. You both have an important schedule planned tonight at MBC and I can’t have Nichkhun looking like a green corpse! I’ll be waiting for you downstairs.” Minjae Hyung sounds pretty mad, I thought as Chansung half-dragged me towards the bathroom.

 

 

I took a sip of the hot steaming cup of black coffee in my hands, the bitter taste scorching my throat.

    Minjae Hyung told me to get some caffeine in my system before the schedule starts so I decided to go to a small café near MBC. I looked out the wide glass windows, it was raining heavily outside causing the windows to turn foggy. I leaned back against my chair as I took another sip.

    “Wow! It’s so nice in here.” I turned to see a couple taking a seat on the table next to mine.

    “What do you want to drink?” The guy asked his girlfriend.

    “I’ll have the cappuccino.” The girlfriend answered cutely. The way she said it was familiar to my ears. I closed my eyes and then I remembered.

    This café was the place where I spent my first Christmas with Victoria. How long has it been since that time? Two years? Three? It’s been so long yet why does it still lingers so vividly in my mind?

    I can see myself singing for her for a surprise event but of course it was a failure. It was cold outside and I managed to slyly put my arms around her with the excuse of the weather. We went to this coffee shop and she had foam on her lips—I chuckled when I remembered how adorable she was. My heart was wild when I gave her the CD I made, my first solo only for her.

    And my favourite moment of that night was when she wrote ‘I like Nichkhun very much’ on the misty window. For the first time, I didn’t feel so alone like I usually would during Christmas.

    I looked at the foggy window next to my table, it was the same window. I placed my finger against the icy glass and drew a heart but stopped halfway.

    “I need to get over my head.” I muttered as I stood up and went back out into the pouring rain. Leaving my heart left incomplete in the café.

 

Victoria’s POV

“Oh, it’s freezing.” I murmured to myself as I buried myself deeper into my coat. The heavy rain had finally slowed down into a light drizzle and I decided to get some caffeine in my body before my schedule starts in a nearby shooting-studio.

    I continued walking on the pavement, my boots splashing against the puddles as I looked for an appetizing-looking coffee shop. I stopped when I saw something odd out from the corner of my eyes.

    I stared at the tall hazy windows with a partial heart drawn on it from the inside. It was just an outline or a doodle yet it looked so sad and poignant. It was as though it was a simple portrayal of how I was feeling. I leaned myself closer and blew out my breath against the glass. Whoever drew this must be in the same situation as I was or maybe even worse.

    So I drew the other half of the heart, but it was awfully crooked at the end. I giggled to myself at how deranged it now looks. But even if it’s a bit unbalanced at least it’s now whole again. Now the person—an my self—can finally move on.

    “Good luck, stranger.” I whispered as I continued walking. Hoping whoever drew the unfinished heart will get my message that someone still cares on making it complete again.

 

 

~~~

Hahahahaha, did you miss me? Sorry I didn’t update in so long. I was a bit undecided on how I should write this chapter. I thought it was too weird if I just pushed Khun and Vic into a couple without any tension lying around. So I decided to pull them apart for a while so they can start over again, which means there’s still more to come.

I’m loving this song right now, it’s like Taylor Swift made this song just for this chapter. The lyrics are exactly what I wanted to convey out from this chappie. And I just noticed that in Taylor Swift’s album, that there’s a song entitled Red which is Khun’s fave colour and a song entitled 22 which is is Vic’s fave number. Haha, I think it’s a sign. I’m definitely too obsessed about Khuntoria :D

Well, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and thank you, really, for supporting me and my story all the way.

Love you guys always!!!

 

Please comment&sub!!!!