New Beginnings

15 Minutes After Midnight

1 year later

She came to Korea in 2007 after being scouted by SM Entertainment, one of the most renowned and respected companies in the entertainment industry and launched a career as a model. She later then received features in commercials with big stars such as Rain and Lee Jung-Ki. Not long after, she was given a huge chance to debut as a singer in the quintet girl group, F(x).

F(x) had been receiving a massive amount of attention from the mass media and fans shortly after their debut. As the leader of the group and also the main dancer, she has never disappointed the fans with her performance. From her professionalism and competence as a leader and performer on stage to her aegyo-full and bubbly personality off stage, she is considered one of the most reassuring performer to make it big one day.

She has also made her acting debut in 2012 in a Chinese drama which had won many awards. This fast-rising idol was quickly winning the spotlight and building up her career. But even after all the pressure of working in a foreign country and the struggle to keep up her glory status, she was far away from scandals and was an example that should be followed by younger stars.

8 years after her debut in this competitive industry, she has blossomed from the cute girl group leader into an elegant and dignified woman. After her latest comeback with her group F(x) which hit all the music charts, she has been busy with starring in two dramas which was praised by critics as a ‘must-see’ for this year. This Chinese-born Korean idol can still go above the expectation of others and she is still just full of surprises that will leave the fans wanting more of her.m,m

 

Victoria’s POV

“Congratulations Victoria-ssi on your latest drama which will air next week, right?” The reporter congratulated me and I giggled in appreciation. My members sitting next to me gave an exaggerated applause making me flushed.

    “I just hope the drama will be well-received by everyone.” I smiled at the reporter and smiled at the camera propped in front of us.

    “Eii Unnie, your drama is going to be a hit. We can all guarantee it.” Luna encouraged and we all laughed.

    “I can agree to that as well.” The reporter laughed as well. “And in such a short time, you are also getting ready for a new movie role, am I correct?”

    I nodded and my members gave another exaggerated applause.

    “I heard that it’s an action movie?” I laughed and nodded.

    “It’s an action-romance, ‘Damsel’. It’s a story of an assassin who falls in love with her target. But it’s a really dark and twisted story actually. It’s not your typical love story but I think that’s what makes this movie more interesting. It’s a very different genre for me but I’m excited on trying something new.”

    “And you’re playing the love interest of the hero in this movie who is played by Mike He, a very big name in the Chinese-entertainment industry.” The reporter wiggled her eyebrows playfully at me and I laughed.

    “I envy you Unnie, Mike He is hot.” Sulli joked and I playfully slapped her arm.

    “It’s a really huge opportunity and I’ve always wanted to be in an action movie for once. It’s sort of cool really. I’m currently learning some stunts and taking fighting lessons for my role. It’s hard being an assassin but it’s fun too.” I nodded in agreement and showed a two thumbs-up towards the camera.

    “When will you start shooting?”

    “Um, next week. The movie will take place in different parts of China and also in the U.S. So I’ll be travelling a lot in the next few months.” I let out a sad sigh like the thought of it was tiring and everyone laughed again.

    “Wow, I’m guessing this movie will surely show the fans a new side of you.” I nodded in agreement. “And speaking of that, you’ve also been receiving a lot of attention for your new look.” I looked at the reporter confusingly and looked down at myself.

    “Really? All I did was cut my hair short.” I laughed as I ran a hand through my raven black and shoulder-length hair. “I didn’t think it would make me look any different.”

    “Is it a concept for your role?” I nodded.

    “My character is really deep and serious and I don’t know if I could portray my character perfectly since she’s the complete opposite of my real self.” I let out a nervous laugh as I ran my fingers through my new locks. “The director wanted me to have a y vibe so he suggested that I changed my appearance to something more… sleek?”

    “I must say, the new you is definitely more mysterious, almost like the bad-girl type.” The reporter commented and I laughed and shook my head at her.

    “Her character is pretty bad-.” Krystal suddenly added.

    “The media has also been labelling you as the new ‘ symbol’ in the industry.” I laughed at the thought. Me? symbol?

    “I don’t think I deserve to be called that. I’m really not the y type.”

    “Oh please.” Krystal rolled her eyes at me. “You’re tall, gorgeous and hot. Guys even have your picture as their desktop background these days.” Everyone suddenly burst into laughter.

    “Yah!” I yelled at Krystal and she stuck her tongue out at me.

    “That’s disgusting.” Amber grimaced. “But true though.”

    The reporter than proceeded on her interview with my other members and I realized that we all had a lot accomplished in such a short time.

    Luna has been busy with her new interests in musicals and she’s been fantasizing about Broadway a lot lately. Krystal and Sulli has also been focusing on their acting career. Both of them had received a lot of drama offers and movie roles. And Amber, the brother, the father, the protector of our group has been diligently studying about music and composed a few songs for other artists, local and also foreign. I didn’t know why but I felt proud of my members because I know how hard they’ve been burning of their youth to get here—to be on top. I was there to witness all the blood and tears and I can dare say that they deserve the best.

    When the interview ended, I attacked my members with a group hug.

    “Yah Unnie!” My members yelled with annoyance as I kissed each of their heads.

    “I’m so proud of you brats.” I murmured as tears threatened to spill from my ears.

    “Unnie… We’re proud of you too.” They murmured as well as we tightened our hold on each other.

    “Sisters till the end.” Luna encouraged and we all nodded. Maybe I do know why I’m so sad all of a sudden. With all of us having our own career to take care of, our time to finally part ways as a team drew closer, whether it was still a few years away but we knew it was coming fast. One day we’ll all be too busy for F(x) and our individual career will be too much for us to reunite on stage as a team. And I think we all know that our time has almost come.

    “Sisters.” We all agreed as we promised to always stay together and be there for one another.

 

 

“Is this who you really are?” Ren’s deep voice said smoothly yet so dull. “A killer?” A smirk played at the corner of his lips. My fingers trembled a bit as I gripped the gun in my hands more tightly, aiming it perfectly at his heart.

    “The word ‘killer’ is a bit harsh don’t you think?” I asked in a mocking tone as I stared deep into his cold eyes. “I prefer the term ‘helper in justice’. Sounds more noble.” The corner of my lips pulled upwards as my fingers itched at the end of the trigger. One pull and I’ve done my job.

    “I don’t really care what you call yourself. A killer is a killer.” He remarked casually, not wavering at the dangerous situation he’s in. Then again, Ren is an arrogant and egoistical man. He would never show his weakness to anyone. And this amused me. I took one step closer.

    “And I don’t really care what you think.” With one satisfying smile, I pulled the trigger.

 

 

“Okay CUT! Great job everybody!” The director yelled and the staffs quickly rushed around to do their duties. I let out a relieved sigh as I give the prop gun in my hands to one of the staffs and wiped the sweat pooling at the back of my neck.

    “Great job, Qian.” Mike He complimented and smiled at me before he was dragged away by his stylists to his changing room. I bowed my thanks to everyone and telling the staffs how hard they are all working for today’s shoot.

    “Let’s get you change.” One of the stylists said as she helped me towards my dressing room. “You were really great today, super charismatic.” She later said as she helped me get out of the complicated dress I was wearing. I let out a soft giggle.

    “Thanks. I’m glad it turned out okay.”

    “I heard tomorrow will be a tough shoot for you.” I let out a frustrating sigh the moment she said those words. I nodded and pouted at her.

    “Tomorrow I’m going to jump off a building. Oh what fun...” I said sarcastically. I recalled back all the weeks of practice with the stunt coordinator yet I was still not confident enough that I could do it so effortlessly. I mean how can you keep a straight face when you’re jumping off from a hundred feet up in the air? I started to panic a little.

    “You’ll be fine. I just know it.” She encouraged and I smiled gratefully at her.

    “I hope so.” I muttered as I stared at my reflection in the mirror, and I looked horrified.

 

 

“Okay Qian! Remember! Just like how we practice!” The director yelled through his bullhorn as I stood stiff at the edge of the 10-storey high platform. My fingers were clenching tight against the wires of the safety harness I was wearing and my knees were trembling violently. My eyes were shut tight as I tried taking deep breaths.

    Okay Vic, just jump. You’re in wires and there’s a safety mattress that’s going to catch you. Just jump and it’ll all be over, I opened my eyes after that little pep-talk and quickly shrieked. This was so much worse than I imagined. Everything looked so tiny from where I stood and my head started spinning. I gripped the harness even tighter.

    I was scared, I really was but I tried not to show it. I took a deep breath and threw a quick smile at the director and all the staff that were staring at me. With another quick inhalation, I jumped.

 

 

“How could you be so careless?” My Chinese manager yelled at me with frustration as he paced around my hotel room. I smiled sheepishly at him and he rolled his eyes at me.

    “It’s not that bad, I mean…” I trailed off when my manager glared at me. I folded my hands together on my lap as I stared at my right leg propped up on the armrest of the couch, my foot looking nice and comfortable wrapped up in a bandage. I winced when I tried to wiggle my toes.

    “That’s not why I’m mad. I’m mad because you didn’t take good care of yourself!”

    “Well at least I’m not badly hurt.” I tried reasoning but that only made him more agitated. I sighed. My manager had the right to get pissed at me. I mean it was my fault anyway.

    After finishing with yesterday shoot—which I nailed perfectly in just one shot—I decided to treat the whole staff for a drink that night. Maybe I was too enthusiastic or maybe too drunk that I slipped and fell down a flight of stairs. I didn’t break anything but I did sprained my ankle which resultantly brought me to where I am right now—being exposed to my manager’s exploding fury.

    “Because of this, we need to delay all of your scenes and shoot the other casts first. You know how inconvenient it is for everyone to suddenly change the time schedule?” My manager let out the millionth groan of the morning and finally left.

    So… this is depressing. Just when I thought I was doing a great job, I screw up again! Oh, Victoria! How lame can you get?!

    I hit my face with a cushion a couple of times before calming down. I took out my phone and there were a number of texts received. The first one was from Sulli.

Unnie! Are you okay? I heard what happened. Hope your leg gets better soon and you can kick some action ! >.< Fighting!!! ;D <3

    The next text was from my manager Oppa back in Korea.

Hey, I heard that you got told off by your manager. Haha :’D Hey, stay strong and be safe, okay? Good luck J

    I rolled my eyes and giggled as I opened up the last text. Oh, it was from the director.

I just want you to know that everyone hope you are doing okay. You’ve been doing really great for this movie so I think you deserve a few days off. Don’t worry about a thing and just focused on getting better.

    A small smile played on my lips and a feeling of gratitude washed over me. I text back my thanks to everyone and promised to do my best once my foot gets better.

 

 

I flipped through all the channels on TV and nothing caught my attention. I was officially bored. I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall, it was already 2 p.m.

    The doctor advised me to get as much rest as possible but this is just unbearable. There’s hardly anything I can do in my hotel room! The massive and luxurious room seemed so suffocating to me at the moment. I took out my phone and browsed around my SNS but there was nothing interesting going on and… oh my god this is driving me insane!

    Not able to take it any longer, I got up from the couch, put on my flip-flops and limped my way out of the room.

   I started walking—limping is more accurate actually—around the halls of the hotel, just to kill some time and found myself at the lobby. The lobby was practically empty but there seemed to be something going on by the pool.

    “Oh my god, I can’t believe I just saw him!” A couple of girls squealed as they walked past me. I looked at them with confusion. I started to make my way towards the pool.

    “Okay nice! Let’s do another shot. Action!” I heard someone yelled as I squeezed through the small crowd huddling by the pool’s entrance. I could see some cameras and lighting equipment propped by the poolside.

    “Are they shooting something?” I muttered to myself and gasped when I got a clear view of the pool.

    Nichkhun. He’s here.

 

 

~~~

OHMAGOD!!! I know it’s been a while. To be honest I had the serious case of writer’s blockage for this chapter and I’m still not satisfied with it. I might edit this later or maybe not, this chapter feels a bit blerrghh. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I know you’re all dying for some Khuntoria action. I promise to try to update as soon as possible. Okay enough dilly-dally, I’m currently working on the next chapter. So hope you guys enjoy and stay patient.

Love u! <3

Please comment&sub!