Say Something

15 Minutes After Midnight

Please read while listening to this song. I was inspired by this song and it really fits the mood.

 

Victoria’s POV

I’m running, blinded with tears, and randomly stormed into a room.

    It was dark but I can tell it was a bedroom. I quickly darted towards the bathroom and braced myself in front of the toilet bowl. I didn’t bother to open the lights so it was comforting as I threw up all the contents in my stomach in the dark. I felt dizzy as the darkness started to shift with bright colours. The toilet bowl was my only friend at the moment, cool and comforting.

    I struggled untangling my feet from my strappy heels and slowly stood up. I massaged my temples and switched on the lights, the throbbing in my head grew bigger at the sudden brightness. I shuffled towards the sink and gazed at my reflection.

    Horrible.

    My make-up was smudged, my eyes red, my face puffy and my hair—a lion’s mane looked better than this. I sighed and washed my face, it felt nice. I washed my face a few times, scrubbing away the make-up until my face was completely pale and bare.

    I just stared at my reflection; the person looking back at me was an utter stranger. I was staring so hard that my face started to morph together into a pale blur. I bit my bottom lip as I pushed back the sobs desperate to escape from my lips. My fingers were clenching tight against the edges of the porcelain sink, my nails sinking deeper into my cuticles.

    I never felt so embarrassed in my whole life. What I did. What I almost did. It was appalling. How can I face Kyuhyun after this? After how stupid I acted? I buried my face in my hands and let out an exasperated sigh.

    “I should apologize.” I realized and nodded at my reflection. It was the most rational thing to do to Kyuhyun. I was drunk and I wasn’t in my right mind, he’ll understand. I picked up my shoes on the floor and went out the bathroom, back into the bedroom but only to find someone else standing in there.

    My shoes landed on the wooden floor with a soft thud but it sounded terribly loud in my ears. I took a step back.

    “W-w-what are y—” I gasped when Nichkhun suddenly lunged forward and pushed me against the wall, his lips and body crushing mine.

    I was so shocked that it took me an extra second or two to understand what was going on. When my brain started to function normally, I immediately tried to push him away. But my still sloshed body was obviously too weak against his abnormal strength. I swear it was like pushing against a brick wall.

    In the midst of all the confusion, I could still sense that something was off—not like what he’s doing right now isn’t odd enough. But this kiss felt rough and desperate. Like it was something he just had to do. I didn’t realize I was holding my breath until he finally let me go and I was frantically gasping for air.

    I slumped to the ground, my eyes watching him warily as I catch my breath. Nichkhun looked back down at me with the same flustered expression I was wearing. He was breathing heavily as well.

    “I…” He didn’t say anything else but just stared at me, like my very presence was incomprehensible to him. “I…” He repeated again, a hand running through his tousled hair roughly.

    It felt like the atmosphere was hung—like his sentence was. I waited for him to continue, to tell me something, say something, anything.

    “I…” He said again and…

    He just left. Leaving me on the floor as my eyes trailed after him towards the door. When he was gone…

    I couldn’t remember what happened next.

 

 

Hey guys, sorry for a short chapter. I know, you must hate me right now. Haha, I decided to go back to my original story-line, which means there’s still a long way to the end. I didn’t want to end my story so soon because right now this story is what keeping my hope for Khuntoria alive. I hope you guys would continue to support my story. Love you all.

So,

 

TO BE CONTINUED…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…RIGHT AWAY…

 

 

 

 

A week later…

Tiffany’s POV

It’s been a week or maybe more since that night. The night of Rain’s party. The night Kyuhyun confronted me. The night I last saw Nichkhun.

    And it’s been a week. And he didn’t even called or texted me.

    After crying my eyeballs out with Kyuhyun next to me, watching silently, I went home, alone. I didn’t wait for Nichkhun that night or tell him I went home first. I just left. And yet he didn’t even contact me.

    Now a week later, here I was. Standing in front of the JYP building. At 2 in the morning. I took in a deep breath and looked around. The streets were bare and eerie. I took another deep breath to calm down the nerves and pushed through the front doors.

    I froze when Nichkhun was right in front of me, looking handsome in jeans and t-shirt. He must have just finished a schedule. His eyes widened and so did my smile.

    “Hi.” I greeted him cheerfully.

    “Hi.” He said, hesitant as his brows furrowed. And then I saw something flickered in his eyes as his expression went stiff. “What are you doing here?” He whispered, even though no one was around to hear our conversation.

    But before I could respond, Nichkhun roughly wrapped a hand around my arm and dragged me out into the streets and into a hidden alley.

    “What are you doing here?” He repeated, but this time a little bit louder and harsher. I froze for a moment but then exhaled, putting my smile back on my face.

    “I came to see you.” I took a step forward and wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his chest. It felt warm and familiar; I tightened my hold a little. “I missed you.” I murmured and I could hear him let out a soft sigh. My body went rigid as though I’ve been shot with a stun-gun when I felt a hand patting my head lightly. I bit my bottom lip.

    “It’s late. You should go home.” Nichkhun said softly but I quickly shook my head.

    “I don’t want to.” I insisted stubbornly. “I want to stay with you.” He didn’t say anything so I just listened to his steady breathing as I waited.

    “Okay.” He said with defeat and a big smile broke out on my lips. I unlocked him from my embrace and settled on holding his hand as we walked out from the alley into the bare streets.

    The dark sky was adorned with tiny white dots and the air was nice and cool. There was no one around to stare at us. No one to take pictures of us. No one to scold us for walking together while holding hands. No one to judge us. No one was around; it was just the two of us.

    I felt like a normal couple for once.

    “So, what do you want to do?” Nichkhun finally asked after a while and I quickly stopped walking. He looked at me quizzically but I flashed him an encouraging smile.

    “Close your eyes.” I whispered playfully.

    “What?” I rolled my eyes at him.

    “I said close your eyes, and no peeking.” I instructed and he complied, covering his eyes with his hands.

    “So why—” I quickly cut him off as I wrapped my hands around his arm and started towing him.

    “It’s a surprise.”

 

 

“Okay, you can open your eyes now.” I said with excitement. I bit my bottom lip as I watched him opened his eyes and looking around with a confused expression. I couldn’t help but imagine him as a lost puppy, cute and adorable.

    “Where are we?” He asked and my face quickly fell with disappointment and also with a bit of annoyance. I crossed my arms together and harrumphed.

    “I don’t know. You tell me.” I challenged and it was obvious he was clueless as he scratched the back of his head. I let out a frustrated sigh. “I like you.” I said bleakly.

    “Huh?” He was definitely caught off guard, his eyes widened. My smile grew.

    “I like you. I really like you.” I pointed out casually. “Doesn’t that ring any bells?” After a few seconds of gaping, Nichkhun finally understood and clasped his hands together.

    “Are we…” His smile grew when I nodded. “Really?” He let out a laugh. I looked up at the trees surrounding us and took a deep breath.

    We were in the park where I first confessed my feelings towards Nichkhun, where I first kissed Nichkhun, and where I first know that Nichkhun was the one for me. It all started here.

     “Nichkhun.” I called softly as I walked towards him, we were facing each other now and he still had that boyish grin on his face. It made me waver for a second to see him up close. I took another deep breath and pulled out a small smile.

    “Somehow this feels like déjà vu all of a sudden.” He let out a chuckle as he remembered back the night we first came here.

     I like you, I had said to him back then.

 

     “I love you.”

 

     What?  He had said to me.

 

    “What?” He repeated the same thing as before.

 

     I like you, I had said with most confidence, terrified at the same time as I conveyed my sincere feelings towards him. I really like you, I had repeated, so sure of my feelings.

 

    “I love you.” I looked at Nichkhun in the eyes as I said those words with the same confidence I had before. “I really love you Nichkhun.” Tears were already b around my eyes and I bit my bottom lip to stop them from falling.

    “I…” He couldn’t respond, just like the first time. I felt a drip of water on my cheek, it felt cold. I look up and it started to rain.

    It really does feel like déjà vu. I looked back at Nichkhun, knowing what’s coming next won’t be the same as before. I let the tears fall freely hoping they would blend in with the raindrops.

    “I love you.” I said, my voice cracking as I retained the sobs back. But he didn’t say anything. My chest tightened as I took a step back. “I really, really love you.” I cried out, no longer able to control myself.

    But he still didn’t respond. He only looked at me with a sad expression and I wondered if the raindrops on his face were actually tears—they were.

    “Say something.” I mouthed, my voice muffled by the painful lump in my throat. I was looking at him pleadingly as I took another step back. He shook his head, slow and discouraging. My clothes were drenched and my body was trembling ferociously, but not because it was cold.

    He took a step forward, a hand reaching out towards me but I quickly jumped back. The pain in my chest unbearable as I sobbed. I don’t want to do this. I’m not ready to let him go.  I don’t want to lose him. I turned around, wanting to run. But before I could do so, two pair of strong arms had wrapped themselves around my waist.

    “Let me go!” I yelled as I struggled to release myself. But instead Nichkhun spun me around and I landed my head on his chest, tightening his hold on me. I cried even harder. “Let me go!” I repeated, more frantically now as I could dangerously remember his familiar warmth.

    I could feel him shaking his head. I tried pushing him away but I was too weak and I couldn’t think straight with the rain pouring down on us and the agonizing pain stabbing every inch of my insides.

    “I'm letting you go for now. I want you to be happy but just know I'm always going to be here for you okay?” I mnaged to choke out the words through the sobs. 

    “Okay.” Nichkhun finally said softly, my head comfortingly. I continued crying harder.

    I love him but I can't force his feelings like this. I did everything I could to hold on and now it's his turn to make the decision.  I’m sorry Nichkhun. I’m sorry you have to go through this. I'm sorry that we're in this horrible situation. I’m sorry I failed to protect what we had. I was too naïve and I’m still learning but I know when it’s time to say goodbye. If we are truly meant to be we'll meet again. It hurts but for now…

    “Goodbye.”

 

 

~~~

 

Okay, so I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and after this will be all Khuntoria. Excited! Btw school’s going to start in a week so I’m pretty bummed out. But it’s going to be a new year and I hope I can get through it smoothly. Fighting!

Please comment&sub~