Attraction

15 Minutes After Midnight

Victoria’s POV

I drummed my fingers lightly on my thigh as I watched the scenery blurred past me from the cab I was in. I felt something vibrate in my purse.

    I took out my phone and it was my mother.

    “Hello?” I answered in Chinese and giggled when my mother greeted me by yelling my name loudly on the other end.

    “I’ve been waiting like crazy Song Qian! I thought you said you’d be here by eleven?” My mother yelled in an exasperated tone. I only smiled.

    “Sorry mom, there were a few things I had to finish up at work and my flight was suddenly delayed. But I’m on my way, 30 minutes more or less.” I explained and I heard her sigh on the other side.

    “Okay sweetie, just hurry up so I can kiss my little baby girl.” I giggled again.

    “I love you mom.” I replied before hanging up.

 

 

I let out a small yelp as my father squeezed me tight in his arms. I was having trouble breathing but I managed to hug him back just as tight.

    “My girl! Look at you! So big!” My father bellowed as he ruffled my hair. He then pulled me in for another of his bear hugs. I only giggled and kissed his cheek.

    “Honey, Qian can’t breathe.” My mother stated and my father stuck his tongue at her.

    “I’m her father and I miss her, so…” He stuck his tongue out towards my mother again. I laughed once more. Mother shook her head but her lips were curved upwards. She then told my father to help carry my luggage into the house.

    “So Qian, how’s work?” My mother asked as she pulled me by the arm into the two-storey baby blue house. I only sighed.

    “Tiring mom. I just finished shooting a drama a few weeks ago and since my company knew I was coming to China to visit you guys, they decided to set a meeting up with this new director in the city. I’m supposed to meet him tomorrow to discuss some new deal.” My mother only rubbed my back comfortingly as I continued on with my rant. I gave her a thankful smile before shaking my head. “Enough about work. Today’s my day off.”

    I slumped myself back on the familiar leather couch, a sense of nostalgia washed over me as I remembered back all of my childhood memories. It’s been months since I last came home and it kills me that I have to leave once more in a few days. I wish to just crawl into my old bed and never come out of my Pororo covers.

    “How are the girls? I saw them on TV yesterday, they’ve grown so much.” My mother said and so I told her all of my members progress in their careers and also in their blooming love life. My mother, being the huge fan of idols kept pushing me to spill out the latest gossip. I laughed when my mother’s face literally fell when I told her one of her favourite idols was steadily dating a girl.

    “And Khun? How is he?” My mother suddenly asked, slightly wary. I sighed. The last time I talked to my mother about Nichkhun was a few months back. I told her about our struggling situation and how busy we’ve been with work and all and how frustrating everything is.

    “I just don’t know how long we can keep this up.” I saw my mother slightly wince at my words. I quickly shook my head. “No, don’t get me wrong. I’m still crazy about him despite us being distant.” I explained and a flash of relief was evident in her eyes. I stifled back a laugh.

    My mother just adores Nichkhun. She’s been a big fan of him since our WGM days. You could also say she was a huge Khuntorian, so imagine the look on her face when I told her Nichkhun and I are officially together. My father also approves of him even though I’ve never officially introduced Nichkhun to my both parents yet. But they both seemed assured that Nichkhun is a fine young lad for their little girl.

    “What does Khun think about all of this?” My mother asked, concern clearly etched on her face. She placed a hand on top of mine and squeezed it tight. I closed my eyes for a moment to absorb in her warmth. I’ve missed her so much.

    “He’s really trying to make this work, as impossible as it seems. He calls whenever he’s free, even if I don’t pick up he always leave a message. He would sometime send flowers to my dorm or leave little notes around our apartment.” A giggle escaped my lips when I recalled back one night I was at our apartment. I saw a note taped on of the pillows on our bed and it read; I refuse to sleep here unless you’re next to me. Love, Khun.

    It’s these little things he does for me that have me falling harder for him. And it’s so damn frustrating!

    “Oh sweetie, I wish there’s something I could do.” My mother gave me an apologetic smile and I rested my head on her shoulder, exhaustion washing my entire body.

    I fell asleep in the safe and warm embrace of my mother.

 

 

“It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope you and your company would take part in my proposal.” The director said as he shook my hand and I smiled at him.

    I exited the director’s office and into the hallways of the huge studio building. As I walked, I flipped through the director’s proposal file. It seems he wants to make some new variety show and wants me to take part in it as a regular guest with a few other celebrities. The show seems interesting but I need to confide with my company first and discuss our time-schedules and all. But from the looks of it, the show seems to have potential.  I continued reading the file, contemplating on my decision.

    I gasped when I felt something tugs me back from around the waist and the next thing I knew I was being pushed back against a wall in a secluded corner. I yelped and instinctively raised the file in my hands up to hide my face.

    The sound of a familiar chuckle made my heart stop.

    “Hey.” I slowly took a peek from behind my shield and found a baby-faced angel smirking at me. The file slipped out of my hands as I lunged forward and wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt his muscular arms tighten their hold around my waist and he lifted me up for a spin. I giggled and playfully slapped his shoulder to put me down.

    “What are you doing here Khun?” I asked after pulling away from him but his arms were still locked around me.

    “I just finished doing a commercial-shoot and when I heard one of the staff said they saw you in the building well…” He trailed on, his eyes gazing deep into mine. I felt my knees began to buckle as I drowned myself in those chocolaty brown eyes of his. “I miss you.” He almost breathe, his warm breath fanning my face. That’s when I realize how close our bodies were pressed together and he leaned his face closer so our lips were slightly brushing.

    My heart was hammering in my rib cage and I was starting to fear that I might be having a heart-attack at the moment. An amused smiled tugged at the corner of his lips as his hand cupped the back of my neck and finally closed the distance between our lips.

    I guess I really did have a heart-attack because right now, I’m in heaven.

    Our breaths were ragged when we finally pulled apart and a flush of embarrassment coloured my cheeks when I realized how compromising our current position was. My hands were tangled in his light brown hair and my body was arched against his’. Nichkhun had one hand wrapped around my waist and the other was pressed against the back of my thigh, pulling me closer to him.

    If it weren’t for the fact that we were in a public place, who knows what would’ve happen. It’s been too long since we’ve been this passionate with one another. I could see longing and lust darkening his pupils and I laughed when he groaned as I released my hold from him, putting some appropriate distance between us.

    I suddenly felt grateful, despite being detached for the past few months, our attraction towards one another is still unfazed. I could still see the adoring warmth in his eyes. I let my eyes devour the handsome muscular guy standing in front of me, my heart clenching at how jovial I felt at the moment. My arms felt limp without him in them and I so badly wanted to pull him back and just hold him. I just missed him so much that seeing him here was too overwhelming.

    Nichkhun probably noticed my engulfing anxiety because he laced his fingers with mine and gently kissed my knuckles, depicting how overwhelming this situation was for him as well.

    I wanted to scream and gauge someone’s eyeballs out when my phone rang. I frowned but Nichkhun only smiled as his thumb lightly drew circles on the back of my hand. With a sigh I pressed my phone against my ear. It was my mother.

    “Hey, how did the meeting go? Will you be coming home for dinner?” My mother asked and I was too distracted by Nichkhun’s touch that it took me a few seconds to answer her. I shook my head and Nichkhun looked smug, realizing how he affected me so much.

   “Uh-uh, I just finished talking with the director. I’ll be back in an hour or so.” My mother then asked what I wanted for dinner but before I could say anything she said she’ll surprise me and hang up. My mother can be so weird sometime, I smiled at the thought.

    “You have to go?” Nichkhun asked in a small voice, his bottom lips slightly jutted out in a pout. I wanted to laugh at how adorable he was being right now. And then a sigh escaped my lips when I realized we were going to be apart again.

    “I’m here visiting my parents and they’re waiting for me at home. I’m leaving in a couple of days and they don’t want to waste any second of their time while I’m me.” Nichkhun nodded and there’s no one else who’d understand this more than Nichkhun. The fact we both live in a foreign country far away from our families was one of the reasons why we bonded in the first place.

    Suddenly a wide smile spread on Nichkhun’s face, his eyes lighting up in excitement.

    “I’m coming with you.”

 

 

~~~

*crying my eyes out* I know! It’s been too fracking long. It’s actually exams week right now but I just felt bad about not updating for a while so here it is! How you like this little chappie!

Yeah I feel a bit awkward since I haven’t been writing for a while so writing this new chapter was weird for me. And since the whole Khunfany fiasco, my Khuntoria-love died down a bit so I couldn’t write without crying a bit. Damn you fate! But oh well Khuntoria will always live in my heart.

Okay enough with my blather. Got to go and study!

Bye and lots of love,

aishah3

Please sub&comment XOXO~