Chapter 52

What Hurts More, Friendship or Love?

Luhan's POV~

"What'd you guys talk about?" I asked Daehyun once we returned to our room. "You and Hanbyul?"

He flopped on his bed, exhausted. I sat on the edge of his bed and waited for his answer. 

"She asked me out on a date," he muffled against his pillow. I felt my chest squeeze. "And I agreed, so we're going out tomorrow. I don't know where yet, but wherever we go is fine."

"You must be happy then," I forced a smile. He didn't say anything, then he sat up on his bed staring at me. "What's wrong?"

"I should be asking you that," Daehyun said, frowning. "Your tone of voice...it changed."

"Did I make it obvious?" I snickered and laid on his bed with a sigh. He didn't respond and continued to stare at me. "Can I be selfish one last time?"

"What is it?" Daehyun softly asked. The ends of my lips slightly curled up. 

"Let me go on the date with her," I said turning my head to look at his reaction. No reaction at all. 

"Why?" he asked. I could sense the jealousy in his voice, but he tried to stay calm. 

"Because I like her," I bluntly said. There was no point of hiding it from him. 

A slight movement was seen on his jawline. He sighed and leaned against the bed headboard. "I know."

"I made it obvious, didn't I?" I asked as he scoffed. 

"You make everything obvious," he replied. 

I snickered. 

"So, will you let me go in your place?" I asked once again but he didn't reply. I stood up from his bed and stretched my arms up. "Well, I'll shower first."

After that, I didn't ask again and I didn't get an answer. 

The following morning I woke up alone. Daehyun wasn't in his bed nor was he in the bathroom. I heard my phone vibrate on the desk and so I walked over to it, picking it up to see a text message from Daehyun. 

Daehyun: Sort your feelings out with her. I can wait another day. 

30 seconds later. 

Daehyun: This is only a one chance thing, so don't blow it. Hwaiting!

-----

Hanbyul and I sat out on a bench in front of our resort. 

"So, what do you want to do?" she asked feeling awkward around me. 

"I'm not sure," I shrugged. "It's my first time in Busan, so I don't know much about the area or any place fun."

Silence. 

"I'll look something up," she said and pulled out her phone from her purse. I looked at her phone as she searched for an activity. "Oh, how about the aquarium?"

"Aquarium? I've never been to one before," I slightly smiled. She looked at me surprised. 

"Really?" she asked, then smiled. "You're missing out then."

I shrugged with a crooked smile and she stood up from the bench. She extended her hand out. "Let's go then."

I looked at her hand then up to her as she gestured me to hold her hand. I grabbed it and she helped me get up. 

We took a taxi to the aquarium. Just seeing the building made me excited. My face was pretty much squished against the window as we entered the area. 

"Will I witness Luhan oppa's childish side today?" Hanbyul giggled the question; I laughed and shrugged a maybe. 

We bought our tickets and entered the building. It was huge and soooo blue! It was a bit crowded too, but I didn't mind. I did a full 360 of the area and didn't know how to react. My mouth was hanging wide open and my eyes were bulging out. 

"This is so cool," I said, fascinated at everything I saw. I didn't even see the sharks, otters or penguins yet and I was already amazed. 

Hanbyul laughed at my childish side and she patted my back. 

"Shall we start exploring the place?" she asked and I nodded. 

We took an escalator down to the second floor and were welcomed by a bunch of fish tanks surrounding the area. 

The first fishes I saw were piranhas. I looked at the fishes with wide eyes and couldn't help but let out, "Uwah~ daebak!"

Hanbyul snickered and patted my back. "Let me take a picture for you."

I nodded and stood in front of the piranha tank, kneeling a bit to get a better photo. I did the classic v-sign and she snapped a photo. 

We both continued to walk around the area when we saw the sea otters. She and I both squealed a bit and ran to them. 

It was my first time seeing such a creature and I was mesmerized. They were so cute and fluffy!

"Oppa, look! They're being fed!" Hanbyul pointed out as a trainer was feeding the otters. 

"Uwah~ daebak," I said once again, intrigued. 

"They're really cute, aren't they?" Hanbyul smiled at me. I nodded and couldn't stop grinning. 

"Umma! The penguins are over here!" I heard a little boy shout. I turned my head in their direction. 

"C'mon, lets go see the penguins too," Hanbyul said and grabbed my hand, dragging me with her. 

I could hear the penguins before even seeing them. Once they were in front of my eyes I let out another, "Uwah~ daebak."

"Fascinating, huh?" Hanbyul asked as I nodded. I pulled out my phone and immediately began snapping photos of them. I even took selcas having them as a background. 

"Take one with me, Hanbyul," I waved her over. She smiled and joined in the frame. We both smiled and I took a photo, which turned out great. 

As I stared at the photo, I realized that I was on a date with Hanbyul, yet it's been all about me. I turned to her with an apologetic expression. 

"Sorry, I've been so absorbed that I haven't really done anything to make this a date," I softly said. She gave me an assuring smile and replied, "Oppa, I'm enjoying this. And seeing you this happy makes me happy and relieved."

I softened my gaze and she grabbed my hand again. "I heard there are finless porpoises just around the corner. Let's go see them!"

I nodded and followed her. 

Once we saw all the creatures on the 2nd floor, we headed down to the 3rd floor. There were a whole bunch more sea animals to see such as: stingrays, jellyfishes and sharks. 

This date was full of nonstop photo shoots with the sea creatures and laughter. I enjoyed it and Hanbyul did too, fortunately. 

I wondered what it would've been like if it was Hanbyul and Daehyun here. She probably would've enjoyed it more.

We ended our exploration at the aquarium and decided to grab lunch since we spent more than 2 hours there. Since we were near Haeundae Beach, I heard there was a famous food stand with fresh seafood, so we decided to have lunch there. 

The walk there wasn't long and we found the food stand. We took our seats and had a seafood assortment, which had fresh raw shrimp, abalone and more. 

Hanbyul and I had our first bite and we were in heaven. 

"This is really delicious," Hanbyul grinned. "Daebak."

I was too busy devouring the food to even respond to her. 

Daehyun's POV~

I walked around the area I was in after shopping a bit. I entered an ice cream parlor when I recognized a few people. Is that Youngjae and them?

I walked up to them and I immediately knew it was my peers by Krystal's strong perfume.

"Just how many times do you spray yourself with your perfume?" I muttered as I stood next to her. She looked up at me and narrowed her eyes.

"As much as I want," she snapped and looked behind me. "Are you alone?"

I nodded as I looked at all the different flavors.

"Why are you alone?" Sulli asked coming up behind Krystal. "Is Hanbyul in the restroom?"

I shook my head.

"Where is she?" Krystal asked.

"Beats me," I replied and orded a waffle cone with cookies & cream. Youngjae came and joined the conversation.

"Where's Luhan hyung?" he asked, his chocolate ice cream cone.

"Don't know," I replied with a shrug. They all gave me a look. "What? Did I say something wrong? Is there something on my face?"

"How do you not know where your date is?" Krystal asked the same time Youngjae asked, "How do you not know where your roommate is?"

"Because I really don't know where they went," I stated the obvious. "All I know is that they're on a date right now, so I shouldn't bother them."

"WHAT?!" they all shouted. I glared at them to calm down.

"B-but you were supposed to be on the date with her," Sulli said with round eyes. I finally got my ice cream and I paid for it soon walking out the parlor without answering her. They followed though with more questions.

"Why is she with Luhan?" Krystal questioned.

"She was so excited to meet you and you stood her up?" Youngjae wondered.

"Did you not want to go on this date with her?" Sulli asked.

Their voices all mashed up was not appealing to my ears, so I turned around and they immediately stopped.

"I had Luhan go in my place because I know I have a higher chance," I responded. "I can wait another day and I know she can too. Besides, this is the least I can do for him right now, you all should understand that."

They stayed quiet and averted their eyes to the ground.

"Let Luhan enjoy this day with her and only her," I gently smiled. "Anyways, where are the people you met yesterday? Weren't you guys supposed to hang out with them today"

"We did, but they had to leave," Sulli answered.  "So we're just roaming the area for now."

I nodded and looked at my watch. It was currently 3:45 PM.

"You guys wanna go watch a movie or something?" I asked since we didn't have anything to do at the moment.

"What's there to watch?" Krystal asked. I shrugged.

"How about the spa?" Youngjae asked, getting our attention. "Since it is our last day here today, let's just relax."

I looked to the others and they nodded in agreement. "The spa it is then! Let's go~!"

Hanbyul's POV~

Luhan and I took a stroll down at the shoreline of Haeundae Beach. The sun was lowering by the hour and it was getting a bit chilly; luckily I brought a cardigan with me. We walked in silence when Luhan grabbed my wrist, stopping me in my tracks. I turned to face him as his face was soft with a slight of sadness in it.

"What's wrong oppa?" I quietly asked, worried. I saw his jaw muscle move slightly and he deeply exhaled.

"I know you like Daehyun and I know that no matter how hard I try to have you like me, it'll always be him in the end, but I've prepared myself for this," he confessed. My eyes slightly widened and my heart raced at what he had to say next. "Hanbyul-ah...I like you."