Chapter 26

What Hurts More, Friendship or Love?

3rd Person POV~

After school of the day Luhan and Daehyun were suspended, Hanbyul went straight to Daehyun's house. She banged on the door when Daehyun opened it.

"What are you-"

*SMACK*

Hanbyul slapped the back of his head and huffed out a sigh. He hissed in pain and glared at her.

"YAH! What the hell?!" he shouted at her, earning another slap at the back of his head. "Ahhhh! Shiii, it hurts!"

"That's what you get!" she shouted at him, crossing her arms. "Why'd you get yourself suspended?!"

"I didn't ask for it!" he shouted back, rubbing his head, groaning in pain. "Aish, why do you hit so hard?! You're a girl."

She glared at him and raised her hand to him him again as he flinched, but she held back.

"What am I going to do? You and Luhan are now suspended-"

"Luhan? He's suspended?" Daehyun asked, shocked. "What did he do?"

"He punched Youngjae," she sighed. "But what's wrong with Youngjae? He's so different now."

Daehyun couldn't believe it and walked past Hanbyul to find Luhan, but he showed up himself.

"Yah! Lu-"

"Luhan! You idiot!" Hanbyul shouted and ran out the door, slapping his arm. He looked down at Hanbyul and furrowed his eyebrows.

"What are you doing?" Luhan asked, staring at her, who wasn't even hitting him as hard as she did to Daehyun. "Is it supposed to hurt?"

"Tch, how come you go easy on him?" Daehyun muttered and looked at Luhan. "What did you do to Youngjae?"

"My hand slipped and hit his stomach," Luhan said, cracking his fingers.

"Why did you-"

"Let's not talk about it when I'm here," Hanbyul said with an uneasy smile. Daehyun sighed and entered his house, leaving the door open for them to come in. The two followed behind and they all sat in the living room in silence.

"The weather's nice...isn't it?" Hanbyul asked, breaking the silence. Luhan and Daehyun looked at her as she smiled at them both soon fading that smile. "Maybe not...."

They all sat quietly and stared at the carpet floor with blank minds. Hanbyul didn't like the silence and she can't really sit still for long, so she sighed loudly and stood up.

"I've got a girls date with Krystal and Sulli," she said, reaching in her backpack for her notebook. "Since the both of you are here, I might as well give it to you guys at the same time. These are today's notes."

She lightly threw the notebook on the coffee table and slung her bag over shoulders.

"I'll see you guys in 2 weeks when you're back in school," she said and walked out the house, leaving the two alone in an awkward silence. Daehyun and Luhan looked at each other, then turned away.

"She's gone," Daehyun said, crossing his arms. Luhan sighed and slouched back in seat.

"I was frustrated with him," Luhan admitted. "So I punched him in the stomach."

"What exactly did he say to you to make you frustrated?" Daehyun asked, narrowing his eyes at Luhan. "Was it about me?"

Luhan looked down to his hands and deeply exhaled.

"It's nothing to worry about," he responded to have Daehyun glare at him.

"Whatever, it's not like I want to know anyways," Daehyun sighed. "He's not in any sort of pain, right?"

"I didn't hit him that hard," Luhan replied. "At least not to the point where his organs are injured."

"That's good," Daehyun said with a soft smile. "So, you're now suspended, huh?"

"Yeah, for 2 weeks too," Luhan said, rubbing his hands together. "That's a long time."

"Not for me," Daehyun said, stretching his arms up and stood up, walking to the kitchen. "Want anything to drink?"

"Uhm, water sounds nice," he replied with a smile.

"Good, because that's all I've got," Daehyun snickered, filling up two glasses of water. As he was filling up the glass cups, he looked out the window and saw someone pacing around his house. What the hell?

Daehyun headed to the living room and set the two cups on the coffee table, then headed to the door. He opened the door and saw Youngjae standing in front of him, turning away from Daehyun's cold eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Daehyun firmly asked as Youngjae swallowed hard. "Don't you think you've caused enough trouble?"

"I wanted to apologize hyung," Youngjae softly said, biting his bottom lip.

"Don't apologize. I hate people who apologize," Daehyun said, leaning against the door frame, crossing his arms. "What happened to you? Why did you change?"

"I have my reasons," Youngjae said with a smirky smile. "But since you and Luhan are out of my way, I guess I can start getting closer to Hanbyul."

"Hanbyul?" Luhan asked, coming from behind Daehyun.

"Ohh, you're here too?" Youngjae scoffed. "But yes, Choi Hanbyul."

Daehyun clenched his jaw and glared at Youngjae.

"What exactly do you mean by get closer to her?" Daehyun asked, pushing himself off the door frame and walking towards Youngjae.

"Get to know her more and talk to her, become good frie-"

"You don't like her, so why become good friends with her?" he asked, cutting Youngjae off.

"I never said I disliked her," Youngjae smirked as Daehyun was now only a few inches away from his face. "I've realized how lovely she was, so I thought it was time to get to know her a bit more. I want to see what you see in her to make you fall in love so easily and since you two are out of the picture, 2 weeks will be enough."

Luhan and Daehyun furrowed their eyebrows and glared at Youngjae. He smirked at the two and walked away from them. In Luhan's head, the thing that was bothering him wasn't that Youngjae was going to be with Hanbyul for 2 weeks, but another reason. Daehyun deeply exhaled and walked past Luhan when he grabbed his arm.

"What Youngjae said, is it true?" Luhan asked as Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you really in love with Hanbyul?"

"What?" he asked and released himself from Luhan's grip. "Why do you want to know?"

"It's nothing," Luhan softly said and walked away as Daehyun watched him.

I may have not gotten my feelings straighten out, but I know yours. I know you're in love with her without confusion holding you back.

In love with her...Daehyun? Does that mean I have to choose between friendship and love? Trying so hard to renew my friendship with Daehyun, will it all be a waste if I choose Hanbyul?

The next morning, Daehyun had thought he had to go to school, so he got dressed and waited for Hanbyul at her door steps. She walked out the door and stared at Daehyun.

"What are you doing?" she asked, just as Zelo walked out of the house.

"Hyung? Aren't you suspended?" he asked as Daehyun blinked his eyes.

"Ahh, that's right," he said and looked at them. "Bye guys."

"Yah!" Hanbyul shouted as Daehyun walked away, ignoring her. "At least say good morning like you always do!"

Daehyun stopped and turned around looking at Hanbyul. He smiled and said, "Good morning, Hanbyul."

The way he said it was different from any other days he's said it; it was much softer and much more morning like than a firm "good morning." Hanbyul hearing his voice like that for the first time made her heart race and blush.

"Ohh~ shortie, your face is red," Zelo said, pointing it out as she gasped and turned away, so that Daehyun didn't see. "Are you sick?"

"Zelo, it's not that," Daehyun smirked. "She's just blushing."

"Shut up and go home already!" Hanbyul shouted and walked away when someone stood in front of her. She looked up and saw that it was Youngjae, smiling down at her.

"Good morning, Hanbyul-ssi," Youngjae said as Daehyun clenched his fist at the sight of Youngjae. Hanbyul blinked at Youngjae, then back to Daehyun, then to Zelo, who stared at Youngjae too.

"Who is this guy?" Zelo asked when she said it was Youngjae, he gasped. "That nerd?!"

Hanbyul rolled her eyes and looked at Youngjae.

"What are you doing here?" she asked as Youngjae wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"Walk with you to school, what else," he chuckled. She forced a smile and looked behind her to Daehyun, who could only watch them from afar. Daehyun pulled his phone out and texted her.

Don't worry, I know he won't do anything to you. He's just walking you to school, so it's okay. If he does anything to you though, text me immediately and I'll be there. Have a good time in school.

Hanbyul got the text and looked back to Daehyun as he smiled at her. She sighed and looked up at Youngjae, who tighten his grip on her shoulders.

"You'll be with me for 2 weeks, aren't you excited?" Youngjae whispered near her ear as she swallowed hard. "With Daehyun and Luhan gone, you're all mine."