Chapter 20

What Hurts More, Friendship or Love?

3rd Person POV~

Luhan and Hanbyul walked around the streets of Seoul in silence as Luhan still hasn't seemed to be himself yet. Hanbyul didn't know what to do either other than to hold his hand, hoping it was comforting him in any way. They've been walking around for about 30 minutes now and with the hot weather, their hands were getting sweaty.

"Oppa, do you want anything to drink?" Hanbyul asked, loosening her grip on his hand, but he held on tighter.

"I like how it is right now," Luhan finally spoke. "Let's just keep on walking."

Hanbyul nodded and so they continued to walk some more. Meanwhile, Daehyun was also taking a little stroll himself still trying to cool off from earlier.

"I wonder if Hanbyul's home by now," Daehyun wondered. "Maybe I should go apologize to her...but will he be there?"

Daehyun stopped in his tracks and turned around to go to her house, just to "drop by", as he would have said it. He wasn't far from her place anyways and so he reached her house in no time. He stood in front of her place with a fast beating heart. What's with this feeling? I'm not nervous, am I?

He took long breaths and slowly walked up the steps to the front door. He rubbed his hands together first, then knocked on the door patiently waiting for someone to open it for him. Knocking it again, the door opened and it was Yongguk.

"Daehyun? What are you doing here?" he asked as Daehyun was now speechless and confused on what to say. Yongguk looked at him then playfully smirked. "You're here to see Hanbyul, aren't you?"

"What? N-no, I...I came to see Z-Zelo," Daehyun said, mentally face palming himself, but Yongguk knew better.

"Well, Hanbyul's not home. She's with Luhan to who knows where," Yongguk said.

"She's with Luhan?" Daehyun asked in disbelief. "Still?"

"But you were here to see Zelo, right? Well, he's up in his room," Yongguk said and stepped aside for Daehyun to walk in. He didn't want to look suspicious in front of Yongguk, as if he really was there to see Hanbyul, so he walked in and headed up to see Zelo.

Luhan and Hanbyul had stopped by a corner store to buy light snacks and drinks, then headed to a nearby park to enjoy the weather. They sat down underneath a big tree for some shade and since fall was near, the leaves were changing colors, which made the place look even more beautiful.

"Uwah~! This place is beautiful~! Especially for a park," Hanbyul said, amazed at the beauty. Luhan softly chuckled and looked at her.

"Not as beautiful as you," he said with a smile.

"Eh?" she said with round eyes. She waved her hands in front of her in denial. "I'm not beautiful at all."

"I knew you'd say something like that," Luhan snickered and laid down on the grass, looking up at the clouds that past by. Hanbyul looked down at him and smiled, soon laying down next to him.

"Thank you," Luhan suddenly said, looking at her. She turned her head and their eyes met, they hadn't noticed how close they were facing each other.

"For what?" she asked.

"For today," he smiled. "This date helped a lot. I no longer feel hurt."

Hanbyul smiled and looked back up to the clouds. She then felt his hand grab hers, interlocking their fingers. She didn't know if she wanted to pull away or not, but for Luhan, she didn't and so they stayed like that until the sun set.

Daehyun hadn't left her house yet; Zelo was too busy talking about all his skateboards that Daehyun didn't really have a choice, but to stay and listen to him. He sat on Zelo's bed with his head bobbing up and down, tiredness taking over.

"Hyung, are you tired?" Zelo asked, noticing.

"No, I'm fine. Keep going," Daehyun said with a faint smile. Zelo knew better, so he set his skateboards aside and sat next to Daehyun.

"Why don't you sleep over tonight? It's past 10 already," Zelo said. "I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind."

"They wouldn't care," Daehyun whispered and stood up. "Thanks for the offer though Zelo. I'll get going now."

"Are you sure?" he asked as Daehyun nodded. "Okay then. I'll walk you out then."

"I can walk myself," Daehyun smiled and left Zelo's room, heading down the stairs to meet halmeoni. "Oh, halmeoni."

"Daehyun-ah, has Hanbyul not come home yet?" she asked with a worried expression.

"Hanbyul? She's with Luhan, isn't she?" Daehyun asked, walking to the bottom of the stairs. Halmeoni sighed and shook her head.

"I contacted him and he said she should be home by now," halmeoni said.

"You have Luhan's number?" Daehyun asked with his eyebrows raised.

"For emergencies," halmeoni snickered, then her worried expression appeared again. "I'm worried about her, what if something happened?"

Daehyun, too, was worried about Hanbyul so he patted halmeoni's shoulders and smiled.

"I'll go look for her and I'll contact you when I find her," he said and walked out of the house. That idiot, where could she be at this time of day?

Daehyun ran around the neighborhood calling her name, but there was no answer, only dogs barking. He continued to search for her when he saw a girl walking towards him and without any second glances, he knew it was her.

"Yah! Cha Hanbyul!" Daehyun shouted at her. She rounded her eyes and turned away, walking in the opposite direction. "Yah! Why are you walking away from me?!"

He ran up to her and grabbed her wrist, pulling her to face him. Unexpectedly, he pulled her into his embrace.

"Don't run away, you don't know how worried I was," he honestly spoke out. "Everyone's worried."

Hanbyul's heart was rapidly beating from the skinship and she pulled away.

"I got lost on the way, I'm still not familiar with Seoul yet," she softly said, a bit embarrassed.

"You got lost? What happened to Luhan? Why didn't he walk you home?!" Daehyun asked, getting angry. "How could he leave you alone this late at night?!"

"It's not Luhan's fault. He had an urgent meeting with his father and I told him I was fine going home alone," Hanbyul spoke up for him. "I just got the streets mixed up."

"Pabo," Daehyun exhaled and grabbed her hand. "You're safe, that's all that matters. Let's get you home before halmeoni calls the police."

Hanbyul nodded and they both walked back to her house, hand in hand. Hanbyul, could still feel her heart beating rapidly and it was a feeling she didn't get when Luhan held her hand.

"Let's stop by a corner store first," Daehyun said.

"Eh? Why?" she asked, looking up at him.

"I need more food to survive at home, so I need to buy some things," he said and dragged her to the closest corner store. He bought some junk food and anything else that looked good to him; he still didn't let go of Hanbyul though. They then headed back to her house and soon had arrived. Halmeoni, who had been waiting up all night outside of the house for Hanbyul, saw them and ran up to them.

"Hanbyul-ah~!" she cried and hugged Hanbyul as Daehyun released her hand. "Where did you go?!"

"I...I got lo-"

"I found her at the convenience store, buying some junk food," Daehyun spoke, holding up the plastic bags. He looked at Hanbyul and frowned. "How could you only buy ramen and chips? Do you plan to live off of only that?"

"M-me?" Hanbyul asked, confused. Daehyun nodded and handed her the bags. He leaned in and whispered in her ear, "If halmeoni found out you got lost, I don't think she'd ever let you out of the house. I'm only helping you out."

Hanbyul smiled and thanked him.

"Halmeoni, I'll be cautious of what time it is," Hanbyul said as halmeoni nodded.

"Just come in the house," she said and thanked Daehyun for finding Hanbyul.

"No need to thank me halmeoni, it should be Hanbyul," Daehyun snickered and grabbed Hanbyul's wrist, whispering into her ear once again, "Bring back everything tomorrow."

"Bring what back?" she whispered in confusion. He smirked and pointed down to the plastic bags.

"That's what I live off of," he replied. "I also have the receipt with me, so if you dare take any food, you're dead."

"I understand," she replied and pushed him away. "Thank you though, for covering for me."

"I don't just cover up for random people," he smiled and walked away, home. Hanbyul watched him turn the corner, then turned around to her house, entering.

Luhan sat by the dining table, flipping his phone wondering if he should call to check up on Hanbyul to see if she had got home safely. He brushed his thumb over his lips, then gently bit his thumb. He then turned his head to the side and saw his drunken father asleep; his head laying on the table with empty soju bottles surrounding him. Luhan sighed and went to grab a blanket from the closet and placed it over his father.

"I'm going out for a bit, I'll be back," Luhan softly spoke and slide into his thin jacket, glancing back to his father one last time before walking out of the house. Luhan walked around Seoul when he came to a stop at a certain person's house. He looked up at the window that had light beaming out from it; the only light on in the house.

"Looks like he's still awake," Luhan softly said. He deeply inhaled and slowly exhaled before walking up the stairs to the door. He pressed the door bell, hearing the bells ring from inside the house. He pressed it once more when the door opened.

"Daehyun-ah, let's talk."