Chapter 4

What Hurts More, Friendship or Love?

 

3rd Person POV~
 
Mr. Chae dismissed Hanbyul and Daehyun out of class early, so that he could show her around. Daehyun just walked around the school with his hands in his pockets while Hanbyul just followed behind. 
 
"Uh, just asking, but do you even know your way around the school?" Hanbyul asked him as he stopped walking, making her bump into him. He his heels and looked down at her. 
 
"I do, but I see no point on showing you where everything is," he said and started walking backwards, still facing her. "I was actually planning to leave you and ditch, but you just kept on following."
 
"Well I am supposed to follow you since you are my tour guide," she said, following behind as he turned around, walking with his back to her. 
 
"You don't mind walking around yourself right?" he asked. 
 
"I don't mind at all," Hanbyul answered. Daehyun looked back at her and smiled. 
 
"Good, I'll be going then. Don't get lost," he said and turned a corner disappearing from her sight. 
 
"Are all the boys here the same?" she wondered and continued to walk in the empty hallways. She was able to make her way around the school back to the home room, right in time for the class to end; the hallway becoming crowded. 
 
"How did it go?" Mr. Chae asked, organizing his students' homework. 
 
"It went well, but that guy...he left me," Hanbyul said looking at him as he stopped correcting the paper and slowly looked up at her. His eyes were eyes of a killer. 
 
"He. Left. You?" he slowly asked while clenching onto his red pen. 
 
"Yeah, he said he was going to ditch class and so he left me alone. I found my way around though," Hanbyul said with a sweet smile. 
 
"But he left you?" Mr. Chae asked again as she nodded. He slammed the pen on his desk and stood up, startling the other students. "How can he do that?! I knew I shouldn't have let him go! Aish! That kid is gonna die!"
 
"You don't really mean that, right?" she asked as Mr. Chae let out an evil laugh. 
 
"Oh, I will and I will be at his funeral laughing-"
 
"Mr. Chae, you're violating school rules by saying such inappropriate things," Luhan said from his desk. Mr. Chae blinked and looked at Luhan as he was reading his book. 
 
"L-Luhan," he said and Luhan looked up, then flashed a smile.
 
"Please don't show the bad side of you to this transferred student. It doesn't make you look good," Luhan said and looked at Hanbyul. "Welcome to our school. My name is Luhan."
 
"Uh, it's nice to meet you Luhan. I'm-"
 
"Cha Hanbyul," he said with a smile and stood up. "I was listening when you introduced yourself."
 
She just looked at him and smiled. 
 
"From what I heard, you didn't have a proper tour," Luhan said. "I'd be more than honored to show you around."
 
"That would be great!" Mr. Chae said, clapping his hands. "Luhan, show her around while I go look for Daehyun."
 
"Don't worry about him. He'll be fine alone, he's always been alone," Luhan said and turned to Mr. Chae. "He can take care of himself."
 
"But Lu-"
 
"Shall we get going Hanbyul? It's currently our lunch break, so lets get some lunch and make our way around the school," Luhan said and left with Hanbyul following behind. 
 
School had ended and Hanbyul was packing up her bag when Luhan approached her. 
 
"You haven't received your school books yet, right?" he asked as she nodded. He searched in his backpack and pulled out his textbooks and held them out to her. "Take mine for now. You'll need the books to study and to do your homework for tonight. I'll borrow my friends."
 
"Are you sure?" she asked as he nodded. She smiled and stuffed the book into her bag and thanked him. 
 
"Would you like me to walk you out?" he asked her. She looked at him and shook her head. 
 
"I know my way out of this school. Thank you though," she said and headed towards the door, then stopped and turned around to face him. "Thank you for guiding me around the school. It was better than giving myself a tour."
 
Luhan smiled and nodded, watching her leave the classroom. She walked out of the school to see Zelo waiting for her. 
 
"Hurry up shortie! Let's get going!" he shouted at her and so she ran up to him soon going home together. 
 
"She has a boyfriend already?" Daehyun softly asked from the roof top, looking down at the two. Youngjae was also with him and he pushed his glasses up. 
 
"I believe they're both cousins," he stated, also looking down at the two. "She's really small next to Zelo."
 
"Tell me about it," Daehyun said and sighed, stretching his arms up. "Well, I had a good nap. I'm going home today, so I'll see you tomorrow."
 
Daehyun walked down from the roof top when he bumped into Luhan. 
 
"Oh~ Daehyun," Luhan said with a smile. Daehyun just looked at him, then started walking away. "Are you still going to ignore me?"
 
Daehyun continued to walk, ignoring Luhan's question. Luhan sighed and walked in the opposite direction from Daehyun. It's my fault that he's like this now....