Chapter 12

What Hurts More, Friendship or Love?

 

Daehyun's POV~
 
I walked to school later than usual, seeing that the school gate was closed. Crap, I'm late.
 
"Crap! I'm late!" I heard that familiar voice shout from behind. I turned around and saw Zelo and Hanbyul running towards me. They saw the gate closed and groaned. 
 
"It's all your fault shortie, always taking forever in the bathroom," Zelo shouted at her. 
 
"Well sorry for being a girl!" she shouted back and like that, they were arguing. I don't even think they knew I was there. 
 
"Are you guys just going to argue or would you guys like some help to get in the school?" I asked, crossing my arms as they stopped yelling and blankly looked at me. 
 
"How long have you been there?" Hanbyul asked, blinking her eyes. 
 
"Yeah hyung. When did you even get there?" Zelo asked pointing at me. 
 
"That doesn't matter, what matters is that you two should be in school," I said and went up to the brick wall, tapping it with my palms. "I'll help you two get over this wall."
 
"WHAT?!" they both shouted with wide eyes. 
 
"You're kidding me!" Hanbyul shouted, pointing to the wall. "I am not getting over that. What if I fall?"
 
"Then I'll be here to catch you," I smiled and grabbed her hand. "A girl like you shouldn't be missing class either considering how dumb you are. Missing a day of class is like missing a whole school year for you."
 
She gasped and let go of my hand, hitting my arm. 
 
"Yah, I'm not dumb! It just takes some time for me to adjust," she muttered and sighed. I chuckled and looked at Zelo. 
 
"You'll help me get your cousin over the wall, right?" I asked as he nodded. 
 
"Of course since it's hyung asking me to," he smiled and we both bent our knees. 
 
"Hurry and stand on our hands, we'll lift you up," I said waiting for her, but she just stood there. "Are you not gonna climb over?"
 
"I'm afraid to fall," she said, looking up at the wall. 
 
"You won't fall, trust me," I said and pulled her towards me. "Now step on my hand, then Zelo's."
 
"Okay, but don't look at me okay? I don't want you staring from beneath," she said. 
 
"Tch, who'd want to look at your anyways?" Zelo snorted, earning a slap on the head from her. "Geez, just hurry up!"
 
She made a face and soon stepped on my hand, then Zelo's. We both lifted her up until she was able to get hold of the wall and from there she climbed over. I heard a thud and wondered if she was okay. 
 
"Hey, are you alright?" I called out, not getting a response. "Yah! You! Can you hear me?!"
 
"Shortie!" Zelo shouted. "Answer us! Are you okay?!"
 
"Y-yeah! I'm fine, but I ripped my skirt," I heard her voice. Zelo and I exchanged looks, then laughed. "Yah! Don't laugh over there!"
 
"I'm sorry, but just imagining it is funny," I laughed with Zelo. 
 
"You ert!" she shouted. "Just hurry up and climb over already!"
 
"Geez, demanding much?" I said and wiped my tears from laughing too hard. "Zelo, I'll lift you up first."
 
"Huh? I'm heavy hyung, I'll lift you-"
 
"I've done this before, coming to school late and getting over this brick wall. If you lifted me up first then you wouldn't be able to climb over," I said and kneeled down. "Now hurry up. I'm strong enough to lift you and you're tall enough to reach the wall without me lifting you as far."
 
Zelo sighed and stepped on my hand as I lifted him up. He was actually a lot heavier than I expected, but it was doable. He climbed over the wall and so I did too. I jumped down and looked directly at Hanbyul first, seeing the side of her skirt ripped at the waistline. 
 
"What are you looking at? My face is up here," she said annoyed. I looked up and snickered. 
 
"How'd you even rip your skirt?" I asked and took off my blazer. 
 
"I don't know, it just ripped...," she trailed off when I wrapped my blazer around her waist. I looked up and saw her cheeks get rosy red. 
 
"Is someone blushing?" I asked with a grin as she pushed me away, taking my blazer off. 
 
"I'm not blushing and I don't need your blazer," she said throwing it at me, hearing Zelo gasp. 
 
"Shortie! You shouldn't throw things at him!" Zelo shouted. She glared at him then turned to me. 
 
"I will do whatever I want, he's not some sort of Prince," she said and walked away with her ripped skirt. 
 
"Jeez that girl," Zelo gritted. "Hyung, I'm sorry for her temper."
 
"It's fine," I said with a smirk. "She's fun to bully, so I don't mind. It's all entertainment for me."
 
He just stared at me and blinked. I chuckled and patted his back. 
 
"Let's go in now, class started 7 minutes ago," I said and so we both walked into the school together. 
 
I stopped at the classroom door, peeking in to see Hanbyul not in her seat. Where is she now?
 
I walked away from the classroom and towards the bathroom thinking she'd be there. Just then we both bumped into each other, turning the corner. 
 
"Daehyun," she said looking up at me. "Why aren't you in class?"
 
"I should be asking you that consider you left before me," I said looking down at her. "Are you too embarrassed to go in with your ripped skirt?"
 
She looked down and the tip of her ears were getting red. I quietly snickered and took off my blazer again. 
 
"Use my blazer to cover it. No one will notice it," I said handing it to her. 
 
"It's fine, I'll use my own blazer," she said walking away, but I grabbed her hand before she could get any further from me. "If someone offers you something you should at least consider taking that offer, especially when this is my second time offering my blazer."
 
She looked at it then slowly extended her arm out, but I grabbed her hand and pulled her against my chest to have her face flush red. I wrapped my blazer around her waist and tied it at the front. 
 
"You can give it to me once you wash it," I said and walked away with a smirk. Her blushing face is actually quite cute.
 
I entered the classroom to have eyes on me, but it wasn't long when those eyes traveled behind me. I glanced back and saw Hanbyul hanging her head low. 
 
"Daehyun, Hanbyul, you two are 13 minutes late. What's the reason for that?" Mr. Chae asked pointing his white chalk at us. 
 
"Simple. The school gate was closed," I said and headed to my seat, seeing that Hanbyul stood in her place. 
 
"You take your seat too," Mr. Chae to Hanbyul as she scurried to her seat, still with her head hanging low. I looked at her and scoffed. 
 
"Lift your head up," I whispered as she immediately did so. "Jeez, you're embarrassed because your skirt is ripped and yet you can't even see it."
 
"That's not it," she mumbled, making me glance at her. 
 
"Then what is it?" I asked laying my head down, turning my head away from her. 
 
"Its nothing you need to be concerned about," she said. 
 
"Who said I was concerned?" I asked and closed my eyes, tuning everyone and everything out. 
 
Hanbyul's POV~
 
I glanced at Daehyun, who was probably sleeping and sighed. Obviously I'm embarrassed because you suddenly pulled me up against your body!
 
School ended and Daehyun hasn't lifted his head up since. Everyone was packing their book bags going home when Krystal and Sulli stood in front of my desk. 
 
"So why'd you and Daehyun come late together?" Krystal asked, wiggling her eyebrows. 
 
"We bumped into each other outside of the school," I said as they snorted. 
 
"Really? Then why are you wearing his blazer?" Sulli asked with a grin. 
 
"It's because...because...," I trailed off and bit my bottom lip. I pulled them down and leaned into their ears. "I ripped my skirt, so he gave me his blazer."
 
They both loudly gasped and looked at Daehyun, amazed. 
 
"He really did that?!" they both shouted, making me round my eyes. 
 
"Shhhh!" 
 
"Oh my gosh, he's such a gentleman," Krystal whispered, but it was still loud enough for everyone to hear. 
 
"That's sweet of him," Sulli smiled. I looked at Daehyun and couldn't help but smile a bit too. 
 
"So, today lets go to shopping at Hongdae," Krystal said. "It's a weekend tomorrow anyways, so time doesn't really matter when we're there."
 
"Oh~ I've never been to Hongdae. That sounds like fun," I said when Luhan suddenly appeared in front to me. 
 
"Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to walk home together," he said with a soft smile. 
 
"We were here first and she already agreed to hang out with us," Krystal said grabbing my arm, interlocking them. "You can't take her now-"
 
"Nor can you," I heard Mr. Chae say from the front of the room. He evilly grinned and pointed at the blackboard. 
 
Cleaning duties:
Jung Daehyun 
Choi Hanbyul
 
I gasped along with my two friends and stared at the blackboard. 
 
"But Mr. Chae, Hanbyul-"
 
"Sorry Sulli, but she has to do this as a punishment. Maybe she'll learn from this," Mr. Chae said cuttin her off and evilly snickered. "Hanbyul, cleaning tools are in the closet next to the bathroom and it seems you'll have to clean alone too."
 
"Eh?!" I shouted and looked next to me to see Daehyun gone. He left already?! That quiet and fast?!?!?!?
 
"I'll help you clean," Luhan said with a smile, but Mr. Chae refused. 
 
"She needs to do it alone," he said and shooed everyone away. "If you have school activities then go now and if you don't then please do go now."
 
Krystal and Sulli pouted, waving me bye as I did too. I sighed and set my bag on my desk, heading out to janitor/storage closet. 
 
I opened the closet and things began falling out of the closet. Useless things!! Jeez, it's so like of Daehyun to leave me alone. It's going to take forever to finish cleaning both boys and girls bathrooms. Aish! I'm going crazy because of that idiot Jung Daehyun!!