Chapter 17

What Hurts More, Friendship or Love?

 

Hanbyul's POV~
 
Luhan and I sat alone in my room only hearing my sniffles. 
 
"How could you get a cold in this warm weather?" Luhan asked handing me a box of tissues. 
 
"I usually get sick when fall is coming," I said blowing my nose. 
 
"Really?" he asked as I nodded. "Does your nose know when fall is coming?"
 
"Don't tease me," I snickered and lightly pushed him. "But it soon."
 
He chuckled and we sat in silence. 
 
"So, did I miss anything in school today?" I asked. 
 
"Oh right," he said and took out his notebook from his school bag. "I took notes for you."
 
He handed me the notebook and smiled. I thanked him and flipped through the pages. 
 
"That's a lot of notes," I said blinking at the notes. "For all subjects?"
 
He nodded. 
 
"Uwah," I said amazed and set the notebook aside. "I'll return the notebook when I finish."
 
He nodded and silence took over again. 
 
"Uhm, would you like anything to eat or drink?" I asked since he was a guest. 
 
"No, I'm fine. You're not feeling well either, so I don't want you to treat me so well," he smiled and played with his fingers. "Is there anything I can get you?"
 
"Nope, nothing," I said. "Thanks though."
 
I smiled at him then heard footsteps walk towards the room. The door opened and popped in Zelo's head. 
 
"Oh, Luhan you're here too?" Zelo asked as Luhan and I exchanged looks. 
 
"'Too'?" Luhan asked as Zelo looked to his left. 
 
"Hyung, noona's in here," Zelo said and I immediately knew who came with him. Zelo stepped to the side and Daehyun walked in, stopping once he saw Luhan. I noticed he had flowers in his hand. 
 
"Hello, Daehyun," I smiled, but he didn't give me a smile, just his firm expression. 
 
"Zelo said you were sick," Daehyun said, but his tone sounded a bit harsh, like he was angry. 
 
"I am," I replied. It was a really uncomfortable situation for me and I'm sure for Luhan too. 
 
"You seem fine," Daehyun said and traveled his eyes to Luhan. I looked at Luhan too, then back to Daehyun. 
 
"Daehyun, are those flowers for me?" I asked pointing to them. He looked at it and nodded. I smiled a bit and tried to stand up. I lost my balance a bit and fell back to have Luhan catch me and Daehyun run up to me, holding onto my wrist. 
 
"I don't think you should be getting up."
 
"Are you an idiot?! Why did you get up?!" Luhan and Daehyun both said at the same time. Zelo and I exchanged looks. 
 
"Lay back down," Luhan said and set me back down on the mattress. 
 
"I'll go get you some water and medicine," Daehyun said and set the flowers aside, then walked out of the room. 
 
"I'll go get a wet warm towel," Luhan said and left as well. 
 
"What the hell was that?" Zelo asked with round eyes. 
 
"I'm just as confused as you Zelo," I blinked and looked at him. 
 
"They're over reacting too-"
 
"I know Zelo, I know," I said and Daehyun came into the room with a glass of water and a bottle of medicine in hands. 
 
"When was the last time you took medicine?" he asked. 
 
"Uh, probably at 8 in the morning," I said rolling my eyes up to think. 
 
"Right now is 4pm, so here," he said and handed me two tablets. I took it and popped it into my mouth as he held the water up to my lips. 
 
His closeness made my heart beat fast and my face grow hot. 
 
"Hurry up and drink the water," he demanded as I did so. Luhan then walked in with a bowl of warm water and a small towel. He knelt down next to Daehyun and placed his hand over my forehead. 
 
"Hanbyul, you're burning up," he said with round eyes. 
 
"I-I'm not burning up," I said with a lightly chuckle, but he didn't care. He made me lay down on the bed and placed the wet towel on my forehead. 
 
"I didn't think you'd be this sick," Daehyun said with soft eyes. "That's why you weren't at school."
 
I nodded a bit and avoided eye contact with the boys. Zelo still stood by the doorway and just watched us. 
 
2 hours have gone by already and the two have been doing so much for me already; making porridge, checking my temperature, assisting me to the bathroom when I could go perfectly by myself and telling halmeoni not to worry about me. 
 
"Uhm, Daehyun, Luhan, you two can go home. I'm fine guys," I said with a smile. "It is getting late too."
 
"But you're sick," they both said with concerned looks. 
 
"Halmeoni can take care of me, there's also umma, appa, Yongguk and Zelo," I said with a grateful smile. "You two can go home."
 
They both just stared at me then stood up. 
 
"You'll be fine, right?" Luhan asked as I nodded. "Then I'll be going."
 
"Yeah," I said. "Should I walk you out?"
 
"Of course not," he chuckled and kneeled back down, closer to me this time. "Goodnight and take care of yourself Hanbyul."
 
I nodded when he suddenly hugged me again. 
 
"I'll see you when you get better," he said and left me alone with Daehyun. I was too much in shock to notice Daehyun stare at me. I snapped out of it when I felt a large hand touch my cheek, making me flinch. 
 
"Your face is getting hot," Daehyun said. "Is it from the sickness or from him?"
 
"Eh? What are you talking about?" I asked placing my hands over my cheeks. He warmly smiled and pinched my cheek. 
 
"Nothing," he said and stood up, grabbing the flowers that he had brought over. "The flowers are already wilting. I'll throw them away on my way out."
 
"You don't have to do that," I said, sitting up. "It's not even wilting too, so let me keep it until they wilt. It is my flowers-"
 
"That I bought," he stated. I giggled and smiled. 
 
"Oppa, thanks for coming today," I said when I realized I called him "oppa," but he didn't yell at me or anything. 
 
"Tch, who said I came to visit you anyways?" he snickered and handed me the flowers. "I'll see you around."
 
I nodded and waved him goodbye when he stopped at the door. 
 
"Oh and don't call me oppa again or else I won't forgive you the next time you call me oppa," he said with a smirk and left. 
 
"So he did notice," I giggled and looked at the flowers. 
 
"Shortie," I heard Zelo's voice. "I think they like you."
 
"What are you talking about Zelo?" I asked, smelling the flowers. 
 
"Hyung and the school's prince. I think they like you, if not they they wouldn't have taken care of you today," he replied. 
 
"He's right," halmeoni said walking in with a smile. "I couldn't even take care of you today."
 
"Halemoni-"
 
"Awwh~ Luhan and Daehyun likes my little Hanbyul?" umma asked piling in with Yongguk and appa. I face palmed myself and laid in bed. 
 
"Did they buy you flowers too?" Yongguk asked with a grin. "How sweet. Who was it?"
 
"Oppa-"
 
"It was Daehyun," Zelo smirked. I glared at him as my family laughed. 
 
"My daughter is growing up too fast," appa said with a sigh. "So, which one do you like?"
 
"Appa!" I shouted in embarrassment. "I don't like any of them!!"
 
"How can you not fall for those two handsome men?" halmeoni teased. 
 
"Stop teasing me," I said with a pout and turned away from them with a sigh. 
 
"Okay," appa laughed. "But we're gonna talk with you again about it."
 
I didn't reply and felt my heart beat fast just thinking about talking to my parents about...love.
 
"Just go and leave her alone, she's sick," halmeoni said. I heard the door shut and looked over my shoulder as halmeoni smiled at me. 
 
"Hanbyul, we didn't mean to tease you like that," she said as I slight smiled at her. 
 
"I know," I said and turned my body around to face her as she laid besides me. 
 
"But really, what's your relationship with the two?" she asked. I snickered and huddled closer to her. 
 
"Halmeoni, lets talk tomorrow," I said and closed my eyes. My relationship between the two? Aren't we just friends?