Chapter 9

Destined to Meet

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“Thank you sir.” I gave money to the owner of the stall and drank my coffee. Hhmmm…. It tastes so good.

 

I walked around the beach before planned to go home. Enjoy the scene of the night, listening to the song from the sea, feel the breeze of the wind blow through my face; I feel calm and relax until….

 

“Hi lady! Are you alone?” I turned my back and saw three guys with Heineken bottle in their hand.

 

Oh my! Oh my! I need to get out from here. I walked as fast as I could.

 

Then one of the men ran and stood in front of me; opened his hand wide. “Are you scared miss? Don’t worry, your oppa is here.”

 

“Go away! Leave me alone!” I snapped his hands and walked away from there but then…..

 

“You go nowhere tonight miss.” He grabbed my hands roughly.

 

“You have to entertain us first.” One of his friends came forward.

 

“I want to taste you first.” He touched my cheeks and tried to kiss my neck.

 

“PLEASE! HELP ME!” I tried to shout as loud as I can but failed. Where’s my voice? My, I shout too loud in the beach and now it affects my voice right now.

 

The man slapped my face too hard cause me loss my balance and fall to the ground. I cried because of the pain on my cheek. He places his finger on my lips. “Shh….you should be quiet. We don’t anyone to disturb us tonight right?” One of his friends grabbed my hands at the back while he tried to open my blouse button one by one….  

 

 

“YOU BETTER TAKE OFF YOUR HANDS FROM HER YOU INPULGENCE!” loud voice from behind stunted all of us. My vision blurred because of my tears. I can’t see herIt’s a women voice that’s for sure. But…. Why the voice is recognizable?

 

“Who are you, trying to cut the line?” one of the man shouted; clenched his fist, ran to attack their ‘commercial break’.

 

“AH!” The man fall down to the ground. Then his friend ran, trying to attack her but she moved fast to prevent the attack.

 

I just could sit there, watch the fighting. The fight was very tough, she so strong and fast but they are many. She punched the guys and kicked the men and vice versa. All that I could remember is that all the men are on the ground while she wiped her bloody mouth. Now I could see her clearly. She’s my hero that day.

 

The big man grabbed sands and threw it to her. She tried to avoid the sand but failed. She tried to open her eyes but because of the pain in her eyes she could not manage to do it.

 

Then one of the men took out his knife from the pocket ran to her. Oh my! I need to help her but what should I do? What should I…

 

I turned my head to the back. The bottles. I grabbed the bottles with both hands and ran to them; hit the man who holds the knife in his hand.  The man could expect my action and pushed me to the side that I fell to the ground. I tried to stand up but pain is getting greater in my head. The man took out his knife and walked closer. I just lay down there; closing my eyes, waiting for the attack but then….

 

AH! I surprised by the screams of pain and open my eyes slowly. I could see the man fell to the ground. She kicked him at his stomach without mercy until the man raise his hand, begging her to stop.

 

She pulled his collar and said, “Make this is the last time you see me and that lady,” she pointed her finger towards me. The man nodded and raised himself, grabbed his friends who are still lying on the ground because of the pain they get, and ran off.

 

She walked towards me and placed two fingers on my neck. “Oh, I could feel her pulse.”

 

I’m still alive you weird it just that I can’t move my body.

 

“Miss, are you all right? Do I need to send you to the hospital?” I shook my head. “No thank you. I’m alright…” with all the energy left I tried to stand “…I just want to go home…” then the pain came and attack my head, dizziness felt my head and I collapse…

 

…to her arms. I could fell weird atmosphere around me right now. This is the first time this feeling enter my life. My heart beats fast, I breathe rapidly, sweats came out even though the weather is cold, I shivering, and I feel weak inside out. I believed in her arms. I believe that I am going to be saving under her care. And I believe that chance is giving his path for me to know her better.

 

She took my hand bag and took out my purse. What are you doing? Oh I see… she read my address in my ID card and confusion could be seen on her face.

 

“Miss, here let me help you.” She patted her back. She bends over and I climb her back gently, I wrap my arms around her neck and she holds my thighs securely. I rest my head in her hair, taking the time to smell her familiar scent. I smiled and mouthed to myself, "I love you,” Feeling my eyelids getting heavy...I found myself in dreamland.

 

 

 

 

Warm wet towel were placed on my forehead. She caressed my hair with her soft touch. She swilled the towel in the basin and wipes the scratches gently, while looked at me – perhaps she afraid I would be surprised because of the pain – and applied my wounds with anti-pathogen.

 

After she done, she placed her kiss on my forehead – am I dreaming? – walked away and said, “Good night girl,” She closed the door behind her and left me alone….

 

She came again, with the comforter in her hands. She covered my body with the comforter and said, “I don’t want you to catch cold,” and slapped her forehead. “What am I thinking? Why am I talking to the sleep-log people? Ha-ha.” she grinned.

 

She patted the pillow on my side and placed her head, laid next to me. “You look so adorable when you are in your dreamland,” she fondly touched my arm, “Good night. Sleep well tonight because I’ll take care of you.” She placed her palm on my forehead. “Good thing is that you’re getting better.” She my hair and smiled….

 

 …and she slept. You snoring? I chuckled. You must be very tired. Under the light of the moon I could see her face clearly. Gently I touched her short hair, then to her cheekbone and down to her lips. Ah, I like your lips. Her pinky strawberry lips make me eager, eager to touch her lips.  I touched her bottom lips and I bowed….

 

….and kissed her lips. I touched my lips. Did I just… do that? But it made me want to do it more and more. All of the sudden she wrapped her arms to my waist, hugged me tightly and our lips were touched. I could expect my face getting blushed right now; heat could be felt through my face and my heart beating faster and faster. Our body was met, I tried to pull myself from her but she hugged me too tight, “There’s nothing to be worry about okay?” she murmured.

 

I even did not know how long we were in such position. I felt comfortable in her arm and I could not explain why. Every time we touch I realized that every time we met I want it to last. I closed my eyes and smiled.

 

 

*Next morning*

 

 Neither I nor her could find anything to say when she out from the bathroom. True, we exchanged a wintry smile, I had make breakfast for both us and she dried her hair with the towel. I was terrified because of what I did yesterday. Did she knew – or remember what happened yesterday? I really wanted her to speak first.

 

“Did you sleep well yesterday?” she ran her fingers over her hair.

 

“Oh yes – thank you,” I put my arm through her and led her to the dining room. “Come on, please make yourself comfortable.”

 

“Oh, okay…. Thank you.” She sat and smiled. She placed her palm on her chin. She must be very boring right now. Few minutes later she got up and joined me in the kitchen.

 

“Do you need any help?” she offered help. “That’s so nice of you but I can handle this.” I handled her a glass of fruit juice. “Its apple mixed orange juice. It’s a good starter. Try some.”

 

“Well thank you.” She took a slurped of it. “It tastes so good.” I smiled, “Thank you.”

 

Then the silent fill the space for a long time. Ah, I feel awkward right now. Was it my imagination or were you glancing to me from time to time? Don’t you just stand still Sica. Say something.

 

 

 

“So what’s your name?” both us with asking the same question in the same time. Ah, coincidence.

 

I continued making breakfast while she drank the juice. My heart beats faster than before. Calm down Sica. She just asks your name. Just tell her your name.

 

“Sica.” “Sooyoung.” we told our name at the same time. This time our eyes met – I like your eyes – and it took a while before we snapped out from our dream. Awkward once again filled the space in the kitchen. Say something Sica. Say something…

 

“Are you making Western breakfast?” – Oh thank you for breaking the silence – she asked without hesitation. I nodded.

 

“So you come from….”

 

“America. But I’m Korean. I’m truly Korean.” I answered. “My father took me to America because he was transferred to Los Angeles. He’s a doctor.”

 

“Your mother?” she asked. “My mother? I don’t know. Every time I asked my father about my mother, he’ll keep quiet. I could see his facial change. My last time asking him about my mother is when I was ten. Then I put an oath to myself never again asking him such question after this.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she apologized. “No. it’s okay. Besides you don’t know yet right?” I continued my works.

 

“Okay it’s done.” I clapped my hands. “Let me help you,” she offered her help. “Thank you.” I replied.

 

We sat and ate together – ah awkward, I hate awkward – and stared at each other.

 

“You’re good in cooking,” she said – you must be bored with the awkward – while biting the burger.

 

“I learn it from my dad,” I said and once again the silence surrounding our great morning until….

 

Ringtone of her hand phone could be heard in her pocket, breaking the silence in the space. She opened up her hand phone and answered the call.

“Hello?”

 

Her expressions changed when her conversation with the caller end. “Please excuse me for my rude but I got to go,” She rid himself of his coat before

 

“Why? What happen?” I asked and waited for her answer.

 

“My friend was attacked last night in her room and now she’s in the hospital. In ICU,” I could see her tears in her eyes, trying her best to hold her sob.

 

“Let me go with you.” I took my car key from my hand bag and wore my coat. I locked my house door first before led her to my car. I started my engine and we went off from my parking lot.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Nobody’s POV

 

She pinned the pictures of her enemy on the wall and grinned. One is off more to go.

 

She pierced the pictures of her enemy several times with a knife. I will make you suffer slowly and steadily. She grinned. This will be the most interesting story in the history. She sharpened her knife and took out another picture in the envelope.

 

Now who’ll be the next victim? She took out one of the pictures in the envelope and pinned the pictures to the wall. She took another picture, lighted up her lighter and burnt the picture.

 

I want you to suffer just like me.

 

She laughed and grinned, echoed, and enveloping the room. Even people from outside scared to pass over the room.

 

 

yupp...that's all for now...I'm really sorry for super duper late update...kind of lack of idea but in the same time try to make this story 'not too boring'...today belong to Jessica...hope you could understand the progression of this story by reading her thought....thank you for all of your comments ideas...I will try to reply your comment as soon as possible...for new reader welcome to my very first fiction and feel feel to subscribe after reading...