Chapter 11

Destined to Meet

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

“Choi Sooyoung!  Wait up!” did someone just call my name?

 

Jessica and I turned around; gazing at a lady ran towards us. Wow! She looks so amazing and great but… Wait a minute! I think I have seen her before.

 

“Remember me?” the lady asked, gasping for air. “My name is Kim Hyoyeon. Bag snatcher incident last Christmas’ Eve?” she take out her hands.

 

“Oh yes! Choi Sooyoung,” I introduced myself. Hei! She knows your name already. “How do you know my name?”

 

“Well, miss Choi…”

 

“Just call me Sooyoung”

 

“Okay Sooyoung. Actually I work here…”she widened her hands, showing that she worked at the police station, “….and I work as a detective. Detective Kim.” She showed her ID card and badge. “Just call me Hyoyeon.”

 

“Can I take a look at your badge?”

 

“Sure why not?” she lend me her badge.

 

“Wow Hyoyeon! My dream to meet a detective comes true. I watched lots of movies and dramas and it all about investigation; CSI, Bones, Missing, and even in animation for example Detective Conan. You job must be fun isn’t it?” I said excitedly.

 

“Oh yes! Our job is full of curiosity. And we need to solve the puzzle,” she added.

 

 

Ahhmmm… Jessica cleared . Both us turned our head towards her and stared right to her face. She crossed her hands, tapped her shoes and it can be heard and getting louder.

 

“I almost forgot! Hyoyeon, meet my friend, Jessica.”

 

“Just call me Hyoyeon,” she take out her right hand, waiting for Jessica to receive her greet.

 

“Mmm…” Jessica nodded, shacked her hand without looking at Hyoyeon.

 

“Jessica you shouldn’t….” she stared me sharply with her ice freeze eyes. Her eyes shot, paralyzed my body and I became speechless and urgghh…motionless.

 

 

“So why do you call me Hyoyeon?” I tried to break the silence. Actually I want to escape from her eyes. Man, she way too cold.

 

“Oh yes! I want you to know that I’m in charge in your friend case. Can I ask your mobile number? It is much easier for me to inform you any recent news of this case,” she takes out her hand phone from her pocket.

 

“You already know her name. Why do you need to ask for her number?” Jessica’s straightforward question left the cold atmosphere around us.

 

“We need to ask the owner’s permission first. Mobile number is something private you know,” Hyoyeon said, and this time she also stared right to Jessica. Are both you doing eye battle right now? Today is getting creepy.

 

“Okay. Give me your hand phone,” I asked. She gave me her hand phone. I punched the number buttons, typing my mobile number and gave back hers. Soon later I got a call from unknown.

 

“That’s my number. Save it. You can call me anytime,” she kept her hand phone back to her pocket.

 

Jessica pulled my hands harshly and slapped my back. Ouch! I stunted by the force; she so strong.

 

“Sorry Hyoyeon but we need to go. Maybe my friend is very hungry. We skipped our breakfast because of this news.”

 

“It’s okay. Feel free to call me okay?” Hyoyeon said from behind.

 

“Okay I will.”

 

Jessica and I went off from there while Hyoyeon stood beside the road, waving goodbye as we walked to the parking lot.

 

I rubbed my hand while Jessica drove the car. It getting pain and I could see scars and it bleeding. It must be comes from her long nails. Her strong grip left bruises on my hand.

 

Jessica its hurt. What’s wrong with you? Did I do something wrong today?  


 

 

Jessica's POV

 

I can't believe this. Why Sooyoung easily give her number to that detective huh! Who's her name once again? Detective Kim? Duuhh....whatever. I pressed the pedal, reading the speed of my car. Good timing. None car around. I  my MP3 in the car, tuning the volume to its maximum volume. 

 

"Jessica..you...should ..slow...down the car," Sooyoung's trembling voice could be heard from my side.

 

"Shut up Sooyoung! Can't you see I'm driving?!" I shouted towards her, and then focused myself on the road once again.

 

 After a long silence once again Sooyoung spoke out, once again. "Please slow down the car Jessica. Your speed car already exceeds the limit."

 

"Mind of your own business Sooyoung! Can't you see none patrol car around right now? Oh, or you want to call your Detective Kim? Oh Detective I got crazy friend who driving her car crazily on the road. Please...go and get her...” I mimics, imaging the way Sooyoung going to talk to the Detective on the phone.

 

"Her name is Hyoyeon, Jessica. And in the police station you show inappropriate manner to her just now." 

 

 

"OH!! Now you want to be my counsellor?" I screamed. "Speeder is better Sooyoung. We can reach home soon. Very soon." without hesitation I pressed the pedal. You got no idea how mad I am right now.

 

Few minutes later, we reached our home FINALLY! No police station, no hospital, no Yuri, no Hyoyeon, no.....

 

I heard the door of my car banged and also the sound of footstep near to my car but it getting further away. I could see Sooyoung are heading for tree which is planted not far from my house. From a distance I saw her bent to the tree. Her right arm holding her stomach whiles her left arm rested on the tree. I wanted to get close to her but then my stepped stopped.

 

Ah! She’s vomiting. From behind I could saw her kneeled under the tree. She must be very dizzy right now. My guilty surrounded me; because of my stupid driving skills. I drove too fast and turned the steering wheel too sharp and stopped too sudden on the traffic light.

 

As I getting nearer and nearer to her I was shocked. Her hand; its bleeding and blue purplish bruises formed around the cut. Her hands, when does she have that cut? Ah! I slapped my forehead. The runaway incident in the police station. Jessica why don’t you use your brain at least once?

 

“Sooyoung, are you okay?” I asked, patted her back firmly.

 

She wiped . “No I’m fine. Thank you for asking,” she stared me with her red eyes. She stood and walked unsteadily towards my house and eventually fell at the front of my door house. I ran to her. “Are you okay?”

 

Her face blushed, but I sensed there must be something wrong. Her smooth cheeks blushed and her eyes looked dull and lifeless. I placed my palm on her forehead.

 

“Sooyoung, your temperature is high,” I said, while her hair behind. Does she get infected because of the secret kiss I made last night? Does she got the fever from me yesterday?

 

“No, I’m fine it’s okay,” she pushed my hand firmly. With her left hand she tried to unlock my door. I took out my key unlocked the door so that she could enter my house.

 

Quickly her eyes scanned the room looking the way up to my room. I walked behind her, alert if she could slip on the stairs and fell down.

 

 

 

Now we were sitting on a bed, but not side to side; each had taken a corner as if both wanted a base. Neither said a word and neither moved.

 

“Now…” Sooyoung said at last. “What was it all about?”

 

“Which one?” I asked.

 

She banged her hand on her knee and I started; I never saw her demonstrative before.

 

“About everything!” her voice raised. She paused, and when she spoke again, she took a deep breath and wanted to get it over. “About the story in the police station, about your driving skills, about everything,” now she sounded so calm; she trying her best to be rational.

 

“I…” in my head I tried to find the reason why I acted weirdly few hours ago but there is nothing I could said, there is nothing I could explain, and I did not know why.

 

“Well, Jessica – go on.” She stared at me, waiting for the answer. This time I nodded my head, now I could feel that I defeated by your eyes Sooyoung. My tears checked - colour streamed back into my cheeks; it had no sign when it will stop pouring on my cheeks.

 

Her tirade stopped as suddenly as it began; the clenched hands opened and she paused. Soon, Sooyoung was at my side, my long hair behind my ear that covered my face. I cannot stop myself from crying.

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

“This sounds ugly but it’s true,” some minutes passed before she was calm, and then she continued. “I’m a woman, Sooyoung, with all the warmth and longings of a woman. I can’t turn them off and on…”

 

As I watched Jessica, bent over to her voice, I dug the fingers of my hand into my forehead; ‘Ah, my head,’ but I must forget that; this was no moment for personal ailment.

 

“… It’s a mad thing to say, Sooyoung; but I’ve never been so happy. So happy when I’m with you…”

 

This headache which was almost blinding me made her figure getting blurred. Desperately, I took a grip of myself; puzzled and angry, ‘Why do you need to come right now headache?’ but the pain was increasing and all of my senses are getting weaker and weaker. Without realize now I collapsed on the deep bed.

 

“… Your good looks, elegance and all your kind and care and touch; I fell in love with you – yes Sooyoung – I fell in love with you...”

 

 Is this a dream or my senses just playing pranks with me?

 

“Sooyoung! Sooyoung! Wake up Sooyoung!” As my vision getting blurred, I could hear her panic voice as my shoulders patted by her gentle touch.

 

I’m so sorry Jessica but I can’t do anything. I don’t mean to treat you this way. And then my vision became dark and blank.