Chapter 34

Destined to Meet

Sooyoung’s POV

“Are you having fun, Jessica?” we sat on the chair after trying every roller coaster in the amusement park.

She nodded, “no Sooyoung. I’m the one who should ask you. Thank you for bringing me here. I’m feeling ashamed of myself.”

“Why?” I asked. She took out her purse and takes a look at her money, “I’m the one who should sponsor you, birthday girl. I should remind myself to had at least 5,000 won in my pocket.”

She flicked her handbag and drawn off a piece of paper, “I got 10,000 won here” – Owh it’s money. Sometimes she can be very funny in the same time.

Jessica giggled. “Let’s get you some ice-cream to eat!” she said gleefully. She stood up, grabbing my hands that lay limp on my lap and leading to the nearest stall.

I stared at our intertwined finger.

Warmth. That’s what I felt when Jessica held my hand. It was so different feeling. Not the warmth I felt when I held hand with Yuri. Not like the warmth I felt when I held hand with my past relationship with my past relationship. No, the warmth I felt when held hand with Jessica is different.

What was this all about, Sooyoung? Why are you making feel this way, Jessica?


Mr. Jung’s POV

I watched foreign movie on television as soon as I took my shower and went downstairs – because I did not feel sleepy right now. Jessica told me that she will be late tonight since she wants to hang around with her friend.

I stared at the clock – its 10pm already. I wonder where she is going in the time like this.

Just then, I heard several footsteps outside the balcony. I could even heard Jessica’s and Sooyoung’s conversation with full of detail.

It something like my daughter said thank you for bringing her for a walk. Sooyoung said thank you for accompany her. Sica asked whether Sooyoung wants to come inside. Sooyoung said no thank you – she does not want to disturb Jessica and I since Jessica and I are hard to meet together because of the work – and she got to go. My daughter said goodbye and goodbye several times – I bet she waved at Sooyoung as she waited for Sooyoung’s car disappeared out of sight.
Jessica opened the door and rushed to the living room, “daddy, I’m home!” she said, hugging me tight, “I miss you, daddy.”

I her hair and patted her back firmly, “I miss you too, Sica baby.”

“Sooyoung bought a couple shirt for us, daddy. See?” she backward herself and showed off her white shirt, “she brought me to the amusement park. Today is her birthday and she said she had none to celebrate with so she brings me along to play around the park. The park is great, daddy – almost similar to LA but here got lots of stalls – food and drinks, souvenir, costumes and much more – and lots of extreme roller coaster too.”

There was no mistaking the excitement of Jessica’s voice as she described Sooyoung's new job as her tour guide around the amusement park to me and told how they both enjoyed themselves riding on the Ferris wheel and take pleasure in the view of Seoul city at night and what a wonderful scenery it was.

I watched her glowing face and twinkling eyes as Jessica went on and on about her night experience. I had never seen Jessica looking so happy before.


Nobody’s POV
She walked through the dark of night and kicked every single trash that blocked her way. She turned her way up from bar and now she felt bored – trying to plan where she should go next.

Piece of paper was glued on the wall of the bus stop – and she rips it. New amusement park – she smiled. That’s exactly what I really need right now. She waved towards the coming taxi and she gave the paper to the taxi driver. The driver smiled and pressed the acceleration pedal.


She stopped at the nearby stall, planning to buy herself ice-cream cone to cheer herself. Wait a minute. She eyed exactly to the tall girl, talking with another girl –blonde hair – while grabbing hands together. That must be her friend – she smiled – or it could be more than that. She could be my next target.

She followed the friends from behind, trying her best to hide among the crowded visitors. She don’t want to be spotted by the ‘couple’ – she want to make sure that her work is clean without leaving any evidence.

She already learned from her terrible mistake from past – leaving her main weapon behind – luckily she wore gloves that day
.
She spied from afar – they are in the same car. Maybe the driver planned to send her friend home first – and that is what she really wants it happen. She waved at the resting taxi driver and asked him to follow the car – pointing her finger towards the car – and she promised him high fee. The driver agreed.


So here is your nest. She could see that the short blonde girl waving the car until it disappeared from her sight.

This is easy than I thought, she giggled. She told the taxi driver to send her to the next destination – her own house – because she now in high spirits. She drew the ‘map’ of the house, with the house number and the name of the road.

I want to satisfy myself first – she monologue – and my first kitten is none other than that girl. She smiled while drawing the ‘map’ on the paper.