Chapter 18

Destined to Meet

Yuri’s POV



She brought a wheelchair and gently placed my arm around her neck, “Yuri, step on my leg.”

“Why do I need to step on it Yoona?” I puzzled by her request.

“So that you do not use lots of energy to walk and stand, remember Yuri your body is still weak.”

I nodded, admit with her advice. Carefully she lifted me from the bed and placed the wheelchair closer to us. 

As she placed me sitting on the chair, the chair moved backward cause both us lost our balance and fell down.

I covered her head because I was afraid her head will knock the nearby cupboard.

OUCH! In the end my hand gets hurt because of my own action. I guess more and more pain I gain in this hospital. In the end both us land on the floor, I was on top of Yoona.

Oh my! I raised my body and sat on the floor.“Yoona, are you okay?” firmly I shook her body.

“Oh Yuri, I'm fine Yuri,” she lifted her body and sat. “Eh, where does this blood come from?” she seemed confused with the presence of red liquid in her uniform. Her head gazed around; trying to find out where is the source of the blood.

“Yuri!” her finger pointing at my hand, “your back palm bleeding,” she sat closer to me, pulled my hand to check the bruises on my palm.

“It just minor bruises Yoona.”

“Where did you get this bruises,” her worry expression showed, waiting for my answer.

I scratched my head, “well, I just want to protect your head from knocking this cupboard,” I slapped the cupboard, “and then I placed my palm on your head so that you does not get hit by it.”

“Wait here,” she raised and opened the cupboard,took out first aid kid then sit again next to me.

“Your palm,” she took my palm, opened the first aid kit and took out cotton wool and antiseptics. She wet the cotton by placing the cotton wool at the mouth of the antiseptics’ bottle, turned the bottle up-side down then gently rubbed it on my bruises.

“I’m so sorry Yuri,” she said, “my duty is to make sure that my patients get well soon but I,” she stopped and bowed, her hair covered her face very well.

A moment later tears can be seen streaming through her cheeks. Droplets of tears were form on her chin and fell to my palm. OUCH!

“Please don’t crying Yoona. It all happened because of accident,” I said, sitting facing her and placed my arms on her shoulder,“my injury won’t recover fast if you still blame yourself because of what happen just now.”

She raised her head and looked at me; she placed her head to my shoulder and cried,“I’m so sorry Yuri. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

I patted her back, “It’s okay Yoona. It just an accident thus stops blaming yourself. Besides all of your veins on your face will pop out and you face getting blushing when you are crying. It looks scary you know?” 

She laughed on my shoulder. She rose up her head and wiped away her tears, “am I look horrible when crying?” I nodded.

Once again she laughed, “I’m so sorry because I freak you out. I...”

I placed my finger on her lips, “before you continue your words, can I ask you something?”

“Yes Yuri what is it?”

I take out my palm, “can you please treat my wounds? I felt pain because of your tears dropping on my wounds. Until now it feels…”

“Sshhh…” Yoona placed her finger on my lips,“okay.”

And yes she wiped my wounds. As she treated my wounds, I stared at her from aside. 

She got beautiful eyes, round lively doe eyes;her chin are well-shaped; her skin are bright and light; and her lips so soft and cherry-like colour.

My heart beats fast and I motionless as I looked at her. She is such a perfect Earth creature that I ever seen. I smiled to myself but wait! 

What is the meaning of all this? I slapped my head mentally. 

Yuri, you have Sooyoung already and she already purpose you. Isn’t that what are dreaming for?

I stared at Yoona; I like her looks when focus on her job. I cannot stop myself from smiling. 



Sooyoung’s POV

Krystal and I stopped in front of the lift, I pressed 25 button, indicate that the meeting with my new model is in ground 25.

TING! The lift door opened and both us walked and once again I pressed the button.

Krystal turned her back and watched the view of the city, as our lift wall is transparent; made up of bluish crystallized mirror and high reflection of sunlight.

I could read her eyes; she was amazed with the view she saw and she felt amazed with the buildings designs.

She placed both her palm on the lift wall,“Sooyoung unnie, it so beautiful outside there isn’t it?”

I turned around and looked at her, “sure it is Krystal.” 

“Sooyoung unnie,” she turned her head and waved at me, “look over there unnie,” she pointed her finger.

I walked and stood next to her. “Unnie look at that building,” and she kept pointing to the lift wall.

I stood closer to the wall. From the place I stood I could see two guys swimming in the pool on the roof base.

“Unnie close your mouth,” she placed her finger on my chin and rose it up so that my mouth shut, “Unnie, I never thought that your reaction will be like this,” she giggled.

I cleared my throat, “it’s not what you think Krystal,”I said. “Look at the way he widened her arms while swimming, I bet you this isn’t his favourite sport but his passion to swim.”

“Oh I see,” Krystal nodded, placing her pen on her lower lips. I smiled with her reaction thus I rubbed her hair. 

“Unnie,” she said and I stopped. I bowed in front of her so that our eyes are in the same level. “You little naughty,” and I rubbed her hair again.



TING! The lift stopped in level 15. A lady came in and pressed the 25 button. Ah I guess we’ll going to the same level.

She wore black spectacles and furry-hoot long sleeves jacket. She wore a very dinky hat and high heel boots. Her long wavy blonde hair and milky bright skin astonished me. 

She sure does not come from this area.

She turned her head and bowed; and both Krystal and I bowed too. Okay maybe she had live here for a long time.

Krystal whispered to me, “Sooyoung unnie, she so beautiful isn’t she?” and I nodded my head.

“Do you want me to ask her?” she spoke in a whisper so that the lady does not hear our conversation; and I nodded my head.

Krystal stepped forward and stood next to her,“Hello there. Can I know your name miss?” Krystal asked the lady in English.The lady smiled and shook Krystal’s hand. And then they started their conversation.

I slapped my head mentally. English! Why? My English is poor. It was very hard for me to understand their conversation.

After a moment, Krystal walked and stood in front of me, “Sooyoung unnie, she said that the company asked her to go to the studio on level 25. You know where it is right Sooyoung unnie?”

I patted her shoulder, “you can help her leading the way. Besides we are going to the same studio too.”

“Oh is it true Sooyoung unnie? Yay!” she grabbed the lady’s hand and smiled and talked. Maybe she said to the lady that ‘Sooyoung unnie and I can help you showing the direction of the studio’ or “Sooyoung unnie and I are going to the same studio too. Don’t worry you won’t get lost’ or things like that; because I heard she mentioned my name to the lady.

TING! The lift stopped. Three of us stepped out from the lift; I walked in front of both Krystal and her new friend, showing the way to the studio.

As we enter the studio Krystal looked around her in amazement, “Wow! It’s just like in the reality show, Photographer on TV.”

Tiffany and Taeyeon waved their hands in the editing room, “Sooyoung come here!” Tiffany’s loud shout stunted everyone in the studio for a while and looked at her; she smiled and the crews then continued their work.

I walked to both the couple, “Tiffany! Taeyeon! Good to see both you here,” I sat on the chair.

“Who’s your new assistance by the way?” Tiffany asked. “She’s outside there,” I pointed to Krystal who is bowed to every crew in the studio and greeted them with her smile.

“Now,” I opened one of the files on the table,“is my, I mean, our new model arrived?”

“Oh, she called just now that she’s already in the building and will arrive soon,” Taeyeon said. “Oh, there she is.”

I turned my head around and saw the same lady I met in the lift enter the room. I stood and bowed to her and she smiled.

She removed her hat and took her spectacles out.She bowed and reaching out her hands.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sooyoung.”She reached out her hand and smiled.

Jessica?