Chapter 32

Destined to Meet

Jessica’s POV

I sat on the sofa in a pink blouse and red A-shape mini skirt – not really watching the television in the living room. Instead, I was thinking of someone, Sooyoung.

It must be dad – asking Sooyoung to stay here and keep an eye of me.


*flashback*

“Just want to make sure that you’re safe – companied by local people is one of the best way to know how you are while I’m going conference outside here in Seoul. Besides, she’s your photographer – and she says she’s alone at home. I’m asking her whether want you to stay at her home but she volunteered to stay in this house. Behave yourself and don’t so something weird in front of her – show your respect, okay?” my father my hair before he went to the airport.

*end of flashback*


I was a bit surprised – secretly stake out to the kitchen watching Sooyoung prepared breakfast for both us. She woke up early and cycling around the housing area before went back home. She woke me up before went downstairs to make breakfast.

It had been so hard for me to come back home – knowing I had to face Sooyoung – almost 24/7. Saw her in the place of work is more than enough – she looks really cute is shooting studio. She closed her right eye and focused the camera with her left hand. She never lack of words of spirit and willingly helps her crews to manage the prop and equipment.

She never tired to give her helping hands and seldom asking me – are you comfortable with the dress, makeup, or scene. Her concerns really melt my heart – she staring right through my eyes make my heart pounded unevenly, her touch give the comfort in my heart, she make a heart which never breaks, she make a smile which never hurts. And it is more than enough to make me smile whole day.

Sooyoung already had Yuri in her life. I shook my head. I didn’t want to think about it anymore. Loving her in my heart is enough – seeing her happy with Yuri is more than enough.

I should ask her to just go back to her house – since Yuri is discharged from hospital. That’s why Yuri chose to live with Yoona – it could be because she knew that Sooyoung stayed in my house. Maybe Yuri is mad right now – who won’t anyway? Your loved one lived with stranger while we stayed in the hospital struggling between life and death. I tried to focus on the newscast on the television when I saw Sooyoung walked out from the kitchen and sat next to me.

She dressed for work in a boyish style – wearing white round-neck shirt and green denim jackets, obvious orange-thread sews on her black jeans and purple headphone on her neck.

“Breakfast, Jessica?” she asked, offering up a wicker tray with sandwiches, carrot sticks and two glasses of hot chocolate. Carefully she set the wicker tray on the table, pick up a glass and took a sip of the hot chocolate.

“Thank you,” I grabbed a turkey sandwich and took a tiny bite of the sandwich, “It’s delicious, I like it,” and took another bite of my sandwich.

Sooyoung giggled and pointed at my mouth, “your mouth’s dirty,” she pulled out tissue from its box on the table, “here, let me wipe it for you.”

With full of gentle she clean my mouth – the tissues politely rubbing on my mouth. Our distances are getting slim and slender as she getting closer to my head – and our eyes meet.

My heart – please don’t make me suffer. I’m suffocating – my hearts beats disproportionate, sweats formed all over my body and my face feel hot all of the sudden.

She turned her head and handed me a handkerchief, “still remember this handkerchief? You gave to me after I save you remember? I feel like I’m a hero of the day during that time,” she self-praised herself.

Seeing me sat on the sofa without any reaction, she laughed awkwardly, “sorry for my manner. Hahaha…” she took another bite of her sandwich and sipped her drink, “make yourself comfortable, Jessica. What am I talking about – this is her house,” she slapped her cheek lightly.

“I’m going upstairs to brush my teeth. Don’t worry I won’t take a long time for that. Don’t go anywhere,” she sipped once again and placed it on the table. “Not need to clean those utensils – I’ll do it.”

I stared at her back as she headed upstairs. I’ll never understand it – why she’s so nice? Daydreaming again Jessica – don’t foolish yourself. Just focus on television, okay?

I grabbed on the remote control and turned up the volume. Nothing’s great to watch in the morning. I turned off the television and leaned on the sofa. Unexpectedly my eyes focused on the glass on the table – Sooyoung's drink. I held the glass and eyed at the top of the glass – she drank her hot chocolate just now isn’t it? How’s her saliva taste like?

I turned my head and stared at the stairs. Sooyoung’s not around. I better do it quickly. I turned the glass around – and spotted her lips pattern on the glass.

Immediately I close-up my lips on it – I wish that this glass is you, Sooyoung – and trying to enjoy the moment.

“Wow Jessica, I never thought that you drink hot chocolate with full of enthusiasm,” Sooyoung sneaked from behind and placed her bags on the sofa next to me. She took another glass on the table and emptied the glass.

“We better go now, or else we’ll be late. Just place your glass on the tray, Jessica. I’ll clean it,” she placed the glass and plate on the tray. “Let me help you,” I volunteered myself. She shook her head, “you better prepare yourself. Just wait me in the car, the key is inside my bag,” she pointed to her bag on the sofa,” I won’t take a long time for this,” then she walked to the kitchen.

I opened up her bag and looked for her car key. There it is! I kept it in my pocket and zipped up the bag. Maybe I should help her bring this bag too. The moment I lifted the bag – Owh what’s inside this bag? It’s exceedingly my limit – the bag is really heavy. I wonder how she could lift the bag around the studio all the time.

I used all my strength to raise the bag – my hands swing along with the bag – I used my leg to support the bag and lessen the weight. Up to the car I opened the back door and placed the bag properly on the seat – then I raced to the front door and sat on the passenger’s seat.

A moment later, Sooyoung came and sit on the driver’s seat – pull and lock the safety belt and hold the steering. “I never thought that you are able to carry my bag. Thank you,” she shot a bright smile on her lips.

I turned my head away from her eyes and shook, “it’s okay, you’re welcome.” Waahh…why I can feel my face getting hot? You must be blushing right now, Jessica.

“Are you hot, Jessica? Your face glowing right now,” she placed her palm – warm palm on my cheeks, “cute little Sica, I turn on the air-condition okay? Hope it helps.”

My Romeo, Sooyoung, it was you that took my heart and gave it wings to fly so that you may cherish it and keep it in hopes that it will never die. It was you that inspired me with these words to say so that you could carry my love with you throughout the day. It was you that helped me through the hard times the good times and the thick and thin. Every time I speak of you or hear your lovely name I can’t help but smiled to myself. 

This unexplainable feeling come to the bottom of my heart and it is getting obvious right now, Sooyoung. I’m fallen in love with you, Sooyoung – honestly – and I love you so much, Sooyoung. Please realise my feelings, Sooyoung. I love you more than anything. 



Hyoyeon’s POV

The message light on the answering machine was blinking when I came to my table in the station. I tossed the car key on the table and pressed the button.

“Hyoyeon, this is the department of laboratory and forensic. There are two ladies here claimed that they’re your friends saying …”

“Why do you need to talk formal on the phone?” Yuri? “Give me the phone let me talk to her.”

“Unnie, this is police station. We should behave ourselves here,” the lowered-voice must be Yoona.

“Hyoyeon, it’s us. Hyoyeon, over.” Yuri’s giggling can be heard through the phone.

“Miss, right now your messages are automatically sends to her answering machine. Since she’s not around your message will save as inbox.”

“Owh I see. Hyoyeon, as soon as you hear this message, direct to this place, okay? Yoona and I won’t go anyway; we’ll just sit here waiting for you. That’s all from me, roger and out,” Yuri giggled – she really enjoyed her ‘mission’ way of speech.

“Hyoyeon unnie, sorry for bothering you,” Yoona apologized.

Click. The cal hung up. Immediately I took my jacket on the coat rack and walked directly to the department.


After a deep conversation of the working forensics scientists in the laboratory, I stepped out from the laboratory with the report in my hands.

Yoona and Yuri, who are sat on the waiting room stood up and turned to look at me, “is everything all right?”

“Everything is fine. For the time being we had to wait for the result – maybe next week. Any information I’ll tell to you straight away.”

“Thanks,” Yuri said. She turned to face Yoona, “I guess it’s time for you to go to your work place. We got to go, Hyoyeon, thank you for spending your time for this case.”

I widened my arms towards her and hug – in the same time whispered right through her eyes so that even the walls could not hear our talk, “take care of yourself, Yuri. Don’t blindly trust anyone around you.

She nodded her head and released the hug, “I will, detective,” showing the sign of respect – similar to on-duty policeman.

Sitting on my table while reading the report, I recalled the conversation with the forensic scientists.


*flashback*

“The fingerprints found on the vase pieces are similar to the victim. We concluded that the victim tried to defend herself by throwing the vase right to the suspect. Blood droplets are found among the pieces but it seemed like the blood is mixed – suspect and victim. Based on the findings, struggling happened on the pieces cause both them injured themselves.”

“How’s about the knife – is it possible the knife is the weapon used by the suspect?”

“Our team need to go back to the crime scene and compare the stabs around the house with the weapon. No DNA is spotted – even a single cell. The weapon is unique – it’s a traditional legacy knife. Maybe you should find the maker of this weapon – it could help you for the clue.”

*end of flashback*


I need to move fast – and not just hanging around here like a cat. I my computer and clicked on the engine search – trying to find those manufacturer of traditional weapons in Seoul – if can around South Korea.