Chapter 31

Destined to Meet

Yoona’s POV

As soon as the door of the lift opened, Yuri pulled me to the parking lot and wildly searched for Sooyoung’s car. “I hope Sooyoung comes here by her own car.” 

“Owh there it is,” she grabbed my hands and ran towards the car. As we reached Sooyoung’s car, she sat on the bonnet and patted the empty space beside her, “Yoona, come! Sit here.”

I placed my palms on the bonnet and jerked myself upward – so that I could sit on it. “Is this Sooyoung unnie’s car?” I asked.

“Yeah, that’s why I dare to sit on it.” Yuri replied, knocking the bonnet while placed her feet on the bumper.

“Unnie, have you told Sooyoung about our relationship?” I asked nervously. She turned her head and touched my tip hair,“yeah, I already told her.”

“Owh I see,” I nodded. 

She patted my shoulder and turned my chin – and we had eye contact, “look Yoona, I know you’re very curious or afraid that Sooyoung will be mad but I think she will be alright. She will be fine don’t worry. Because I know there is person that had fallen in love with her.”

“Who?”

“Yah! Crazy Yuri! How dare you leave Jessica and I behind just like that huh!” Sooyoung yelled even though she was found about 50 m from us. 

“It is much better if you could figure it out by yourself,” Yuri said, wrapped her arm around my shoulder and softly flipped my hair behind my ear.

“Yuri! How many times I told you, never ever sit on my bonnet? And why do you bring Yoona along with you?” Sooyoung patted Yuri’s lap. Yuri giggled as she saw Sooyoung opened the bonnet and put the bag in it, “here, let me help you,” Sooyoung said as Jessica tried to lift the bag to the bonnet. “Thank you,” Jessica said.

“Sooyoung, can I sit at the back? I want to hang around with Yoona. Can I?” Yuri tickled Sooyoung's side as she pretended to ignore Yuri. Sooyoung tried to push Yuri’s hand aside but still Yuri did not gave up and kept on tickling Sooyoung. 

“Alright, Yuri. Alright, you win. Jessica, is it okay if you sit in front? Ignore this girl, we should send her to another hospital.” Sooyoung said, as she opened the front door for Jessica. Jessica nodded,“Okay.”



Yuri raised her arms in the car after we had cold noodle for lunch, “thank you for the sponsor, Sooyoung. You still remember my favourite are you?” she patted Sooyoung's shoulders gently.

“You’re welcome,” she said, focusing on the road without turning her head. 

“At last I can go home,” Yuri said while looking at my eyes. “Are you come with me, Yoona?”

“Ehm Yuri, I almost forgot. Your house is strictly admittance for the time being. Your case is still under investigation.That’s what Detective Hyoyeon said to me.”

“Owh I see,” Jessica murmured. She placed her elbow, prop it on the door, supporting her head using her palm. “When did she told you?” Jessica asked. “Yesterday, I told her that Yuri will be discharged tomorrow and then she said that Yuri cannot go back home because her house is still ‘used’ for the investigation,” Sooyoung answered, “someone attacked her few days ago and she think that it must be related with the case,” she added.

The atmosphere in the car turned cold – unexplainable– nobody talked or moved, except Sooyoung’s hands. I turned to Jessica– her face is glowing red and she just glanced at the side view – is she mad? I turned my head to Yuri – and as usual she’ll give me take a look of her childish expression, pulled out her tongue. 

“Okay,” Yuri finally spoke – trying to break the silent in the car, “who volunteered to offer their house for me to stay?”

“Me.” both Sooyoung and I answered. “Owh geez...I never thought that I’m still valuable. I choose you, Yoona. Sooyoung is bad in cleanliness. I want to taste your cook, please treat me nice okay?”Yuri showed her puppy eyes – auu…she’s so cute – and that is one of the reason why I never stop thinking that Yuri is too perfect to be my love. 

“Okay, Yoona, tell me the direction of your house. It’s my first time to know your house area, and I think all of us here.Will you?” Sooyoung asked as the car stopped at the red light displayed in the traffic light.

“Okay.” I smiled. 

Yuri sat next – really next to me and whispered at my ears, “thank you, honey,” and pecked me a kiss on my cheek. I self-consciously touched my cheek. My face must be glowing right now.



“Thank you unnie for your help, “I bowed as Sooyoung gave her helping hands – lift up Yuri’s bag in the bonnet and carried it to the veranda of my house.

“You’re welcome,” she said, placing the bag in front of the door as I opened the front door of my house.

“Do you want to have a sit first unnie? How about a cup of tea or something?” she waved her hands happily, “no thank you,Yoona. Actually our break is almost over. I had to go for meeting around 3.Kind of rush but thank you for your offer. Maybe next time, Yoona,” Sooyoung turned her head towards Yuri – sitting on the sofa while enjoyed her show onTV, “take care of yourself, Yuri. Any problem just gives m a contact okay?”

Yuri raised her hand and turned her head, “okay, take care Sooyoung. Have a safe journey,” she showed her thumbs up as Sooyoung stepped out of the house.

I closed the door as Sooyoung gave important tips about Yuri’s favourite food, “Yoona, Yuri is not quite picky but low fat and high fibre is her most wanted. For her breakfast, ma juice is her must drink. The rest you know the best. You’re a nurse, right? Take care of Yuri –and yourself.” She brush over my hair before went off to her car.

“Yoona, sit here,” Yuri called – as she patted the empty space beside her. Sitting beside her, I smiled, “What is it?”

Our eyes met, a curious smile appeared on her lips, a lightness of mien I had never seen before. “Yoona,” Yuri said, and her hand gripped Yoona's shoulders, “I had been waiting for this moment for a long time.”

Before I could think or react, Yuri pulled me close. She wrapped her arms around my neck and lowered to mine in a sweet romantic kiss. moved gently, covered over mine. I closed my eyes, feeling as though as I was being swept through time.

Yuri ended the kissed and smiled warmly, “you’re so sweet, Yoona. Thank you for loving me.”

“I’m the one who should like that, Yuri. Thank you for complete my life,” I lowered my head; imagine my world without Yuri by my side.

“Do you have any movie in your house? Let’s watch together shall we?” 

“Okay,” as I stood up from my sofa, Yuri patted my , “hurry. And bring the snacks too.”

I love you a little bit more when you hold my hand. I love you a little bit more when you hug me. I love you a little bit more. Everyday. I love none other than you, Yuri. Thank you for the love you show, for the care you prove. Thank you, Kwon Yuri, for loving me.


 


Taeyeon’s POV

“You’re what!”

“Yeah, we’re officially break up, and Sooyoung did not seemed to bother about it,” she grabbed another apple on the table and grab a bite, “Thanks for bringing the fruits, you two.”

“But I thought that you are happy together,” Tiffany eyed Yoona who came out from kitchen,bringing two cups with saucers and placed it on the table. “Thank you,” she said, take a sip before placed it again, above the saucer.

“We are happy,both us are happy, maybe we are happy as a friend, you know. After known each other since in university, we share thoughts together, stuffs together and even we went to sauna together, and it is much meaningful if we are friends, up until now.”

“I don’t getit. You mean that Sooyoung does not react because your decision? I mean that she does not mad, or out of control, something like that?” I guessed, Sooyoung is not a revengeful person, but for this situation I can’t imagine how she could deal with her feelings.

“No, not at all,” Yuri answered, signalling Yoona to sat beside her. “I meet this girl in the hospital; she’s the one who take care of me since my first day ‘live’ in the hospital. Sooyoung realized that I love this girl, because I can’t stop myself from looking at her.”

“I see,”Tiffany said with a sigh, “please don’t misunderstand my answer but whatever decision you take we hope it the best way for you to enjoy your life. Yoona,you know the best right? Take a good care of our out-of-control friend here.She likes to do something silly but she never fails to make you laugh.” Yoona nodded as Tiffany patted her lap lightly. 

“I think that we should go now, don’t you think Tiffany? The day is getting late,” I said, looking at her face and waited for her answer.

“Yeah you’re right. We got lots things to do,Yuri. Our next project is about tourism and we choose Jeju Island. Had to do the paperwork for presentation next week.” Tiffany rose from her seat and took her handbag on the sofa.

“And one more thing – Hyoyeon already wait outside there – she wants to ask about the incident. Are you okay with that?” I took a taste first before stood beside Tiffany.

“The sooner the better, let her come in. I’m afraid I’ll forget about it. Lots of things that I want to say to her,” Yuri placed her hands on my shoulders – imaging that we’re playing train – while we walked to the front door.

Hyoyeon was sat on the wood chair on the balcony, enjoying the scene of the dusk while listening to the music through her earphone – with her back backing us. I tip-toed, come close to her,“Hyoyeon!” I screamed right to her ears.

But she got no reaction at all. She just nodded her head – she could be enjoying the songs she heard.

Tiffany patted her shoulder, makes Hyoyeon turning her head and stood, “you’re going back already?”

“Yeah. We’ll see you soon, at home. Do you want me to buy food for dinner?” Tiffany grabbed my hands while talking to Hyoyeon.

“It’s okay. She can eat along with us if it’s okay with you, detective,” Yuri spoke from behind, “besides Yoona and I plan to go out tonight. Do you mind with the plan, Yoona?” Yuri turned her head towards Yoona, waiting for her answer.

“Sure, why not?” Yoona smiled, “come in Hyoyeon,I got lots of fairy tales to share with you,” Yuri wrapped her arm on Hyoyeon's shoulder. 

“Sorry Hyoyeon for my friends’ behaviours but what can I say – they are chatty and friendly. You won’t need lots time to fit with them – believe me,” I grabbed Tiffany’s hand and raised it, “I don’t want to let my Fany honey starving here. We got to go, bye everyone”

“Bye everyone,” Tiffany waved with another side of hand. “Bye TaeNy, enjoy your day.” Three of them waved as Tiffany and I walked to my car.



Hyoyeon’s POV

*flashback*


“She was almost as height as mine. I’m really sure she’s she because the moment she wants to throw me with my vase I kicked right on her chest. She lost her balance and fell down through stairs in my house. She patted her clothes and said, ‘ouch.’ That’s why I confidently said that she’s a girl, or lady.”

I noted down every explanation from Yuri while waiting for our food in the stall. “Do you still remember the height of her?”

“Our height are almost the same,” Yuri raised her palm, arranged her fingers closely together, “it just like length between my middle finger and ring finger – I’m the middle finger – kind sort like that.”

“We have found fingerprints on the vase pieces –so I assumed that it’s yours. We also spotted droplets of blood on the stairs.Would you mind if I’m asking you to come to our laboratory by tomorrow morning?We need your DNA to differentiate any evident that we found.” 

“Sure why not?” Yuri replied. Our conversation was interrupted by the coming waitress with tray – three seafood ramyun and tea. Yoona took out amount of money from her purse and gave it to the waitress – and the waitress walked away from the place we sat.

“And you too, Yoona. Is it okay?” I stared ather, waiting for her answer.

“Uhm...Sure why not?” she answered unconfidently. “But can I come in the afternoon? My shift starts on 8am and end at 2pm. Maybe I’ll come late, but I’ll inform you whether I can come or not.”Yoona took out a piece of paper and a blue pen from her handbag – and write down numbers on it. 

“This is my hand phone number, detective, and the bottom one is Yuri’s.” She handed me the paper and I folded it – slit it in my wallet.

Then, I remembered something that I could ask Yuri,“Yuri, do you remember the weapon she used that night – the colour, the length,anything?”

“I don’t remember anything about the weapon,detective, sorry. No…it’s not because I’m not remember – it just that the surrounding is dark and I almost see nothing – just depends on the streetlight to save my life,” she scratched her hair.

*end of flashback*



I pulled the drawer and took out the knife –that was used during the surprise attack on the street that night. The knife is extremely nice – golden colour background with silver dragon-like wrapping around the holder. The blade is extremely sharp, about 5 inches long – strong enough to pierce my window car.

Whoever is the attacker, there is one thing for sure – she’s so strong – strong enough to stab on my window

I went to the street the next day to find any evidence left by her – but it is hopeless. The rain washed away her tracks – and now it is more than hard to arrest the suspect.

I can only depend on this knife – this knife is the main key of this case. By tomorrow I’ll bring it to the laboratory – detect any clue or DNA in this weapon.