Chapter 30

Destined to Meet

Tiffany’sPOV

I sat on the desk, doodling on a notepad,daydreaming. I couldn’t stop from thinking about seeing Taeyeon this break.It’s as if she showed up just in time, just when I needed an energetic food.Like magic.

I couldn’t stop myself from remembering our time together. How we would sit in each other’s arms and talked for hours. It had been so comfortable.

She never failed to make me smile. She never lacked of express her feelings – through words – and she never failed to make me love her more and more. She’s good in words, really – and I can’t wait to see her.

I watched the watch on my wrist. Yes, any moment from now she’ll come to my office. I rose up from my desk and sat on my seat –pretending like a busy working staff while concentrate looking at my computer.

The footsteps can be heard – and it getting closer to the place where I stood. Then, a knock on the office door startled me back to my senses. I glanced up to see Taeyeon standing in the doorway.

I had to admit that Taeyeon was good looking –even though our height is almost the same, her laugh is equal to ahjumma – she was elegantly dressed in her designer suit.

Taeyeon approached my desk and stood behind me,“still have things to do, honey?” she asked while massaging my shoulders.

“Owh, pinch here,” I took a ruler on my table and pointed the desire spot at my back – and Taeyeon did the massage on it.“Thank you, Taeyeon. I’m just waiting for you to come here. Meanwhile, I played solitaire in this computer.”

“Owh, I see. The meeting will start around 3o’clock. Why don’t we take a long lunch today?”Taeyeon suggested. “I know you’ve have been working really hard for preparing details for meeting this evening.”

“Thanks, Taeyeon.” I replied. “Wait for a moment, okay.”

“Okay.”

I switched off the computer and grabbed my handbag on the seat and walked to the doorway. She turned off the light as soon as I came close to her.

“Now what are we going to eat for today’s lunch?” she asked, while we walking passing the staffs’ table.

“I don’t know. Something delicious and satisfied to eat.” I said, grabbing her hand as we stood in front of the lift.

“Okay, I’ll try to fulfil your command,princess.” Then, out of the blue one of taeyeon’s assistant came with the file in his hand.

“Miss Kim, sorry for interrupt your break but can I asking for your sign in this document? It’s very urgent, miss,” he said while opened the cover the file and flipped the papers.

“Here,” he pointed his finger on the empty column on the document.

“Are you trying to rob my bank by asking my signature?” Taeyeon asked - smile appeared on her face while she opened her handbag. Taeyeon, are you teasing your worker too?

“No, miss, it’s true. It’s for the approval of using items in equipment department.” His expression changed to awkward surprise.

“I’m just kidding, okay,” she patted his back,“now where should I sign?” once again the man pointed the document, “here,miss.”

She grinned and flicked her Mont Blanc pen before signing the document.

The pen. I had given it to her as a gift after she’d received her master degree. She really liked the pen – not because of its expensive price but because I’m the one who gave her – that’s what she claimed.

She does not take the opportunity to wave the pen around instead she used it for signing credit-card – except now. I don’t want to waste the ink, Fany, because the present comes from you. That’s why I don’t want to use it all the time,that’s what she say.

“Thank you, miss.” He said as he walked away from here. The lift clicked and the door opened. “Come on, Fany,” she said,grabbing my hand as we entered the lift. She pressed the button at the side of the door as the lift closed the entrance.

Ting! The lift stopped at the first floor. We walked away from the building and straight to the parking lot. She opened the door of the car and bowed, “after you, princess,” she said. Taeyeon never fail to make me smile.

“Thank you,” as I sat properly in the car she closed the door as she walked to the driver seat and opened the door.

“Taeyeon, can I ask you something?” I asked, watching her pull and fasten the safety belt. “Sure, what is it?” now she turned her head and stared at me.

“The pen, I thought that you’re already thrown away the pen.”

Her face seemed confused – opened and she her forehead wrinkled while scratching her head. “Why do I need to throw away the pen?”

“The age of the pen is almost 2 years, Taeyeon.”

“So?”

“Do you ever plan to buy new one?”

“I got a bottle of refill for this ink at home.It’s more economic. Besides this pen is expensive, Fany, I give all my affection to this pen,” she paused and grabbed my hand, “but my love to you is incomparable.”

“I already told you; you’re the one who give this pen as my present right? This present becomes more precious because my precious one gave it to me. I wrote your name in the sky, but the wind blew it away. I wrote your name in the sand, but the waves washed it away.I wrote your name in my heart, and forever it will stay. Guess which pen do I use to write your name? This pen.”

She put in her hand in to her handbag, “and because of the pen, I got this voucher for free. I got meeting with Japanese clients just now and they gave me this for free. Some kind of giving thanks because of my excellent job taking wedding pictures for their family last week. Do you want to have a try for Japanese food for today’s lunch?”

“Sure why not? After all, it’s been a long time since my last time eating Japanese food.”

“So do I.” she held my head using both her hands and kissed my forehead. “Good girl. With the power of my kiss, bury all of that confusion, heart-breaking argument in your mind now. Let’s focus on how to make our tummy happy today, okay?”

“Okay,” I nodded. As Taeyeon drove her car, focus on the road, secretly I sneaked looking at her face. How do I live without you, Taeyeon? Your existence is more than enough to complete my life.

You always make me blush with the sweet words you speak. You meant every single love words that you mean. All the love that you express give makes me know what I live for. The only words that come to mind are words so commonly used but I want them to be unique, release everything I feel towards you. I love you Taeyeon, with all my heart. I love you, Taeyeon...



Sooyoung’s POV

“Yuri!” I greeted her as soon as I opened the door.

“Sooyoung!” she opened her arms wide as I came up to her, “I miss you so much!” she patted my back harshly, making a huge sound of claps on my back.

“Yuri, stop it. You’ll just make her hurt,”Yoona said, closing the closet and took out a luggage, placing it on the corner of the bed, “hi, Sooyoung, and who’s the girl behind you?”

“Ah, she?” I signalled her to come closer,“Yuri, she’s Jessica, Jessica Jung, she’s the model that I’m talking about.”

“Yeah, I saw her on TV. Great day isn’t it? How do you do, Jessica?” Yuri stretched out her arm and greeted Jessica warmly and smiled.

“How do you do,” Jessica replied.

Yuri spoke to me quietly so that nobody else could hear, “why is she hanging around with you?”

“I accidently met her in the lobby and then I brought her for lunch. I asked her whether she wants to follow me to the hospital, fetching you here, she say yes. That’s why she’s here.”

“Eh eh…she’s looking at us,” Yuri said. I turned my head and saw Jessica turned her head, watching Yoona packaging Yuri’s stuff in the closet.

“You got too many drugs in your body right now.It just part of your hallucination,” I patted her shoulder. “Jessica and I are just friend, not more or less. My heart broke, Yuri, and it’s all because of you,” I laughed.

“I think that girl likes you, Sooyoung. She’s looking at you just now, I see it with my eyes,” Yuri pointed her eyes,seriously looking right through my eyes, “I think she’s jealous right now that’s why she is quiet standing there. Have you told her that we’re not officially any more?”

I shook my head.

“No wonder, Sooyoung I’m telling you the truth.She’s looking at you, at us. Nah! She is looking at us right now.”

I turned my head to the back and looked at Jessica. As expected she looked at Yoona packaging Yuri’s stuff and kept it in the luggage.

“See, it’s just part of your imagination, Yuri.”I turned my head and faced Yuri.

“You’re backing her, Sooyoung; you don’t have any extra eye at your back. I saw it, Sooyoung; she’s looking here just now.Her stares are icy cool,” Yuri wrapped her arms, “giving me ghost bumps here and there. I think she’s shaman,” she laughed.

I snapped her arms, “stop talking nonsense,Yuri, you crazy mind.” Yuri giggled.

“Finish packing, Yuri.” Yoona zipped up the bag and patted the bag. “Can we go now? I’ll inform my friend to take care of your discharge.”

“Are you following me too, Yoona?” Yuri took hold of Yoona’s hands. Yoona nodded shyly. “Yes! This is what we called ‘set me free.’ Thank you, Yoona.” Yuri turned her head and talked, “what are we waiting for, Sooyoung? Let’s get out of here.”



I shook my head as Yuri and Yoona walked in front both Jessica and I. I volunteered to carry Yuri’s bag – requested by Yuri. “I don’t want Yoona to carry heavy things for today. Today is the only day she’ll free.” Yuri said.

She’s really happy with her new girlfriend now. That’s more than enough for me. Hope that their relationship will last for a long time – last forever.

“The lift!” Yuri grabbed Yoona's hand and ran towards the lift. “Yoona! Let’s leave both them behind.” The doors of the lift opened and with the speed of light both them stepped in the lift. The door of the lift moved – there’s not enough time to chase the lift.

“Yuri!” I shouted. Yuri laughed and waved goodbye as the gap of the doors are getting narrow while Yoona bowed several times in the lift.

That girl is really out of control.



“Sooyoung?” Jessica asked as she walked and stood beside me, “are you tired? Let me help you,” without hesitation she took the small bag from my hand.

“Thank you.”

“Uhm… I want to say thank you for the dinner that day,” a gentle smile creased her lips, her warm eyes looks intently right through my eyes – the rhythm of my heart is unexplainable. What is it all about?

“You’re welcome,” I smiled, “sweet lady like you should deserve sweet moment.”

She swayed down the path as I her hair gently, “are you okay?” I asked. She shook her head, “I’m fine it just my feet feel weak all of the sudden.”

“It must be because of my awkward words. I need to watch more TV or read more books next time. Hahaha,” I massaged my neck.

Ting! The door of the lift opened. “After you,” I said. She smiled and entered the lift, standing in front of the lift buttons. As I stepped on the lift, she pressed the button – level 1– and the lift door closed.