Chapter 35

Destined to Meet

Yuri’s POV

It’s been a long time since my last day walking around this city. I’m really missing everything in this town – the buildings, the vehicles, the people itself and of course the food.

Yoona told me that my wounds are recovering faster than she though and she brought me for the last medical check up for the recent news of my health condition.

The report shown that my condition is okay – and it is the great news – and I want to dedicate m appreciation to Yoona for taking care of me and volunteered herself to keep an eyes of me, that is why she wanted me to stay in her house.


And that is why I’m here – walking around with Yoona, grabbing hand and walk side-by-side together. I like this feeling – and I really hoped that our relationship would blossom into deep, meaningful love as time went on.

Whilst I enjoyed myself wondering around the mall, both us were shocked by the incident – a lady becomes victim of snatcher in the mall and it happened exactly in front of Yoona and I – and the guy ran away after pushing the lady roughly.

Yoona loosed her grip on my hand and with the speed of light she chased the burglar from behind. Her widened legs were amazing – thanks to her long legs – she could kick the burglar exactly at his back, causing him to fall, sliding on the floor.

The guy turned her body and stood, and ready for his punch but Yoona could detect his next step. She fenced off herself – blocking his attack and forcefully pushed the guy backwards and he fell to the floor.

Immediately Yoona sat on his tummy and punched his face, holding both his arms and grabbed it while the security guard nearby rushed and coming closer , took out the handcuffs before pulled the guy and brought him out from the mall.

The victim stepped forward and took back her handbag and says thank you to Yoona. She took out certain amount of money and gave it to Yoona but she refused. The lady pulled Yoona’s hand and placed the money on her palm.

To my amazement, a moment ago I just saw Yoona, my girl that I thought that she is tame and simple – but the real thing is she’s strong and fast. With all of the sudden flashback about my terrible nightmare came to my memory – and the height and the speed – almost everything of the attacker resembles Yoona. Yes she exactly resembles Yoona, and Yoona resembles the attacker.

My heart almost stopped beating and sweat formed around my forehead. My refused monologue said that Yoona is not like what you imagine – and it is more than enough to make me scare.

Do I need to follow my heart this time – Yoona is the one? Should I tell this to Hyoyeon? Is her story of volunteering herself to take care of me in the hospital just part of her story?

I remembered Sooyoung’s and Hyoyeon’s warning once again – do not blindly believe anyone around you – is it including my love?

Yoona, can you deny my doubt here? You are not the one, are you?


Tiffany’s POV

“Taeyeon?”

“Hmm…yes?”

“Do you know what day is today?”

“Today?” she grabbed the mouse on the table and moved the pointer to the bottom of the screen, chick on the date column. “Wednesday.”

She paused for a while – and then clapped her hands once, “Tiffany, today is Valentine’s Day.” She hugged my tightly and patted my back, “Happy Valentine, honey.”

“Do you plan anything for today?” shamelessly I asked. Taeyeon never lack of being romantic and sweet – even though sometimes she can act dorky and out-of-mind.

She massaged her neck, “how about in Le Saint Ex? I heard the view there is the best shot in this city.” I grabbed her arms and pulled her – our lips had crushed lightly as I closed my face towards her blurred look. “Thank you Taeyeon. I know you never let me down.”

She smiled and placed another kiss on my lips, “anything for you, Tiffany. Anything.”


Taeyeon and I discussed about the background for the photo shoot in the studio while flipped the pages of the catalogue. After a deep consideration, since February is considered as Valentine month, the best colour is pink with lots of rose petals and love appeared as the background of the picture.

We sent the rough explanation of the background to Sooyoung, and she showed thumbs up – a good sign – she accepts the concept, asking me to tell it to graphic and design team.

“Really hope we can finish this very soon,” Taeyeon pounded while wrapped the paper sheet to cylindrical shape, “and I think almost everyone here think the same too.”

“You’re right. You belong with me,” Taeyeon smiled, “Yuri now with Yoona, and speaking of that I feel bad for Sooyoung. She really loves Yuri very much – they had been together since college and getting serious last year. Surprisingly Sooyoung can accept it very well.”

I nodded; agree every single reason from Taetae. Sooyoung is an easy going person, but her feelings are unpredictable. Everyone had red blood but their heart – their feelings? No one knows except the owner of the body.

Then, Jessica approached us and handed the file to Taeyeon, “Sooyoung asked me to lend this to you.” Taeyeon flipped the cover of the file and took a look on the content, “thank you, Jessica.” She smiled and walked away.

“Jessica,” I called. She turned her body and stood, “yes, what is it?”

“I know this sound nonsense but can I ask you something? Do you have any boyfriend? Are you in the relationship right now?”

Jessica blushed and shook her head. Taeyeon stopped flipped over the file and placed it on the table, “are you kidding? You’re such a beautiful girl you know that? You look like an angel with your blonde hair even though with light makeup. If I was a boy, I will…”

I stared at Taeyeon deeply. What are you going to say, huh? Both Taeyeon and I had eye-to-eye contact and I make the sound – clearing my throat and raised my forehead.

Taeyeon turned her head and glance Jessica, “if I was a boy, I won’t think twice to choose you as my girl. But sorry no vacancy right now,” she wrapped her hand around my waist and pulled me closer to her, “because I got Tiffany here by my side. What can I say, Jessica? First come first serve.”

I slapped her face and pounded, “but if Jessica comes first before me, what do you want to say?”

Taeyeon turned her head and pointed her finger to my cheek, “fate won’t go anywhere if the destiny writes that we are meant to be together – and I will continue to treasure our promise.”

She placed her finger on my throat and travelled until she stopped on my chin. She turned my head and we stared at each other. We both smile as our head coming closer – it feels like all the happiness in this world is mine.

“Ehhmmm…” Jessica cleared , “excuse me first, I think I’m in the wrong place in the wrong time,” she walked away from the room and said, “enjoy your day, TaeNy. Happy Valentine Day.”

Both Taeyeon and I turned away – Jessica is right. I should control myself or else everyone will think that Taeyeon and I are red-handed flirting around while working. I should save it for tonight.

“I kind of surprise, Tiffany,” Taeyeon asked, “I mean, I don’t want to be busy body but isn’t it weird – Jessica is perfectly perfect – but why does she still single until now?”

“Me too.” I said. Then a knock of the door heard and Krystal came up with a black plastic in her hand. “Sooyoung unnie asked me to give water to everyone here,” she opened the plastic and took out drink can, “strawberry and orange right?”

“Smart girl,” Taeyeon rubbed Krystal’s hair and took the drink from her hand, “it must be tough remembering our choice isn’t it Krystal? Don’t burden yourself – not need to do revision about us. Thank you, kid.”

Krystal smiled and bowed, “I had to go unnie. I need to give to others. Thank you, unnie,” and she exited from the room.

Taeyeon opened the can and lend the drink, “here take yours,” and smiled. From far I watched Krystal greeted all the crews and gave the drinks to them. She really works hard here – and I’m very salute of her high spirit and altitude towards others. Sooyoung knows the best assistance for herself.

Krystal went to Jessica and Shirley and asked their drinks - and of course Jessica will choose coffee – because she said that’s the best drink to energise her – while Shirley refuses to accept. Sooyoung came afterwards towards the girls while making call - and Krystal rose up the plastic asking what Sooyoung wants. Sooyoung lip-sync – coffee – and Krystal nodded, placing the drink on the table exactly in front of Jessica.

On the other hand while Shirley went out to the fitting room, Jessica opened up her can and drank. The relief face of her can be read even from the place I stand. Sooyoung stepped closer and took the can – the one that Jessica drank just now – and with the full of slumber she drank it.

Confused expression from Sooyoung appeared as she placed the can on the table as she talked with Jessica. Her eyes widened and she laughed awkwardly – rubbing her neck and smiled. She opened another can and offered it to Jessica. Jessica drank it – with full of charismatic – and gave it to Sooyoung.

Lighting crews called up Sooyoung’s name and she turned her head and waved. Sooyoung patted Jessica’s shoulder and walked away from there. Jessica took the can – the one that Sooyoung accidently drank just now – and surprisingly she played the top of the can with her finger, forming a circle sway and smiled before drank the coffee.

“Now I know the reason why Jessica is still single,” I accidently spoke it out and Taeyeon heard it. She asked with her puzzled look, “Are you talking to me?”

I shoot her with the smile, “Taeyeon, let’s be Cupid only for today, okay. I want to unite someone today.”

Taeyeon smiled and took a gulp before continued our conversation, “tell me your plan – I will help you.”