Chapter 37

Destined to Meet

Jessica’s POV

With the most unexpected propose from Sooyoung in her house and dancing whole night yesterday is more than enough for me to tell the reason why I woke up very early today.

I can’t stop myself from looking at you, Sooyoung.

She was lying motionless on the bed – slept beside me after the episode yesterday. I called my dad, telling him that I won’t go back last night as I stayed with Sooyoung and he agreed with the condition I must go back home before afternoon with the reason that I did not kidnapped by idiotic outside there.

I still remembered Sooyoung’s funny face as soon as I told her my idea – it is now my turn to sleep in her house – and Sooyoung gasped.
“But my room is untidy.”
“Why am I not surprise. You live alone there’s nothing to be worry about. You got no reason to hide it from me.” I tried and tried to confident her that I won’t surprise with her messy room but she kept on refused to show it.

“Sooyoung, you asked me to use force, huh?” without thinking I ran climbing to the stairs and immediately enter the opened door, leaving Sooyoung behind.

I should listening to Sooyoung – I bet you – her room is way too messy and in disarray. My photographer – my Romeo – main weakness is tidying up her room.

“Forgive a certain amount of untidiness.” Sooyoung said from behind. Certain amount of untidiness? I giggled listening to Sooyoung’s confession. “This is not certain amount, Sooyoung. This is shockingly chaotic room you have.”

Her bed was still unmade at this time of night. One of her shirt sprawled across the back of the chair. I walked around of the room, finding lots of her selca pictures. She herself was not elegant in those pictures. She was in a pair of blue jeans and a man-style shirt, ed either the bottom or upper part, splodge with soap bubbles.

I looked around the room, gazing at her pictures with laughing eyes. “You sure love the look of yourself in messy style.”

“I doubt it,” she said with sham gravity before it turned into a grin. “How about sat down here,” she patted her bed, “this is just wonderful. You’re the first person coming to my private room.” She flicked the shirt on the bed and flung it to the back of the arm-chair.

“Are all the photographer as tidy as this?” I teased. Sooyoung stopped tidying her bed instead she used her whole arm to sweep up the bed, dropping her things to the floor. She turned her body and wrapped her arms around my waist, pulling me along with her as we fell together on the bed. Her fingers prickled my side and it getting ticklish.

“Sooyoung! Stop” I screamed. “This is your paid for teasing my room,” she said. “Sooyoung stop or I will…”

“Or you will what?” Sooyoung taunted. Targeting her ear, I letting out my dolphin scream at the top of my lungs and finally Sooyoung released me from her hug.

“Wow! Your scream is deafening,” she said, clapping her ears with her palms several times before pushed me to the base of the bed.

And that is why I was slept here, accompanied by Sooyoung by my side. Last night event is the best part of all but I had promised to my dad. I’m so sorry, Sooyoung for disturbing you but…

“Sooyoung?” I patted her side of arm. “Sooyoung, wake up. I must go back home before this noon. Wake up, Sooyoung.”

Unmoving, unresponsive, I patted her arm with more force. “Sooyoung, wake up. I had promised…” Sooyoung suddenly turned her body and touched my cheeks, pulling me closer – until our lips get together.

“Good morning, angel.” Sooyoung smiled as she broke the kiss. “I had seen the happy ending of our love in the dream. Sorry for ignoring you.” She sat on the bed and patted her lap, asking me to sit on hers – and I did. She wrapped her arms on my waist and whispered, “I could feel that the next day after next day will be the best day for two of us isn’t it true?”

I kissed her forehead and her hair, “because you’re here, Sooyoung. Your presence is more than enough for me,” and we stayed in this position for a long time before I broke the kiss.

“I better get going and prepared myself. Do you want to take shower first before I send you home?” Sooyoung stood and took along her towel before enter the bathroom.

I nodded my head, “no it’s okay. Maybe at home.” Sooyoung nodded her head and switched on the light of the bathroom before closed the door. Feeling in the bright of cloud nine, there is no reason why I want to make fun of Sooyoung even though she is showering. I switched off the light of the bathroom, run to the bed and sit- trying my best to pretend innocent.

Sooyoung came out with the brush in her soapy mouth and flickered on the switch of the light, “Jessica, I will ignore you this whole day if you trying to do the same thing again.” Sooyoung warned and smiled before entered the bathroom.

Waiting for Sooyoung is such a burden for me. How about I explore her closet – I thought to myself. There must be something that she kept in the closet – at least something fishy. I opened one of her closet and found lots of camera equipment with newest brand from every company.

Not interesting. I went to another closet and found lots of boxes and wrapped clothes. Not interesting. I ducked and opened the drawer and saw lots of old pictures and clothes. At the corner of the drawer, a heart-shaped pendant lying with lots of dust covered the necklace.

I took out the necklace and blew the necklace and the shiny appearance of the necklace can be seemed. I know this type of pendant – you can keep the picture inside the shape. I turned my head towards the door of the bathroom – I wonder what pictures do you kept in this shape, I muttered.

I opened the pendant and discovered the pictures in it. The left one is Sooyoung that’s for sure. Her eyes, her tanned skin, her smile resembles Sooyoung. So this is what Sooyoung looks like in her little girl age. I looked at the second picture and give attention to it.

What the? Isn’t this…me?

With all of the sudden the flashback of past memories quickening came almost immediately. I was played with my best friend around my house with my little sister. We spent lots of time together and our relationship still went on as we were attended the same class. Wearing the same necklace, my best friend will protect me from any bullies in the school – my body is small and lack of height – and she even fought for me with her marvellous power and I never bolt from the blue – she learned tae-kwon-do with the reason to protect me. Excellent in study and outstanding in sports, she kept her promise – be my friend till the rest of her life – even though lots of students for kept hanging around with ‘ordinary student’ – yes I’m talking about myself – but she ignored them.

Till the day the accident happened in her house, daddy told me that I had lost my memories – I forgot almost everything – thus daddy decided to take me as her adopted daughter – daddy kept told me that my beauty made him to remember her late wife. Daddy also went to my hometown once and found out that my biological parents had passed away and the house left empty, inhabited. No news from my little sister since the tragic incident happened to my parents mostly claimed that she was raised by my relatives.

He gave the necklace – the friendship necklace to me two weeks ago and revealed my past story – and little by little I remembered the story of my life. Where is exactly I came from, what am I doing during my childhood, the reason why I left my family – and daddy cried, trying to accept the truth that I had grown up and he should prepared himself to accept any response from me – he was afraid that one day I will leave him alone for this. Instead I felt grateful to daddy for raising me up until now.

I touched my necklace that wrapped around my neck – Sooyoung that I fall in love is Sooyoung that I miss so much after more than 10 years of farewell? You still kept your promise, Sooyoung.



*flashback*

“I wear it too – with the same design. It’s a friendship necklace. One day when we are apart, this necklace,” I rose up the pendant with her palm, “is the password. If I meet you one day, in my mind will automatically say ‘isn’t it Sooyoung?’ because you’re wearing this necklace. Yes, the necklace will connect both us Sooyoung. Don’t you ever let the necklace away from you, remember that?”

*end of flashback* 


Sooyoung came out from the bathroom, covering her body with the towel. “Sorry Jessica but this is me, I like to take a long time for shower. It makes me feel good in the morning you know,” she said while dried her hair with another towel.

I walked and stood behind her and pushed her back. “Jessica, what are you doing?” there is a scar formed on her back and the side of her arms. She is indeed my lost Sooyoung – no doubt at all.

As she sat on the bed I showed the necklace – her necklace – in front of her and she shocked, “Jessica, are you dig up my closet while I’m not around just now? Do you know that necklace means lots to me?” high tone can be heard from her.

“Yes I know, Sooyoung,” I bowed my head and unlock the necklace on my neck, “because I got one too,” and I showed it in front of her.

Sooyoung stood up and took both necklaces from my hand and opened the pendant – and she cried with the smile on her face. “Owh Jessica, I’ve always dreamt of you hoping that we can meet each other again just like what happened more than ten years ago,” she hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead many times, “and you are really near in my life – and I’m very stupid for not realising it in the beginning.” Both us cried in hug, realising that how much we miss each other so much, without noticing that we are very close together.

Make a heart which never breaks, make a smile which never hurts, make a touch which never pains, make a friendship which never ends… A memory lasts forever, and never does it die. True friends stay together and never say good bye! Hearts could only love for a while, feet could only walk for some miles, clothes won't forever be in style, but having you as my love, Sooyoung, is forever worthwhile.


Yoona’s POV

I sat on the veranda of her favourite, low and comfortable armchair, enjoying the early morning breeze and feeling the warmth of the gentle rays of the early morning that had begun to peep out between the clouds.

I really hope today is the best day for me to rest, I smiled. But then the calm wind transformed into a ferocious wind. It blew dried leaves on the pathway and reached to where I rest. My hair flew across my face and I tried to flip my hair back. What was this all about? Why my heart starts to beat rapidly?

A moment later, a patrol car stopped in front of my house – two policemen came out and walked closer. One of the men took out his ID, “I’m sorry miss, are you Miss Im Yoona?” he asked. I nodded my head and stood up, “yes I am Miss Im Yoona. What can I help you sir?”

“You are arrested for suspected involving the case of Miss Kwon Yuri on 26th December 2010.” One of the policemen took out their handcuffs and wrapped it around my wrist. “No, that must be mistakes. I didn’t do anything wrong. Yuri is my girls and I never put any harm to her,” I begged.

“You can say about it as soon as we reach police station. Come and follow us, please give cooperation in this case,” the policeman said.

“No, I’m not guilty. Yuri! Yuri!” I shouted calling for her name. Yuri came after that but all she did was standing beside the door watching me been arrested by the policemen. “Yuri! Do something. Tell them that I had nothing to do in this case,” but it seemed hopeless.

“Miss Im, don’t struggle yourself or harsh action will be taken by us. Come to the car. Explain everything in the police station. You’ll get plenty of time to tell your story,” the policemen pulled me to the back door of the patrol car and closed the door.

I turned my head to the back as the car starts moving. Yuri, she just standing there, is doing nothing. Feeling frustrated to myself, why do you did this to me, Yuri?


“What did you do during 26th December 2010, Miss Im?” Hyoyeon asked while looking at the file on the table. “I told you, I go nowhere during that time. I woke up late – around 12pm like that because I had night shift on 25th December. You can ask my friend if you want.”

“Where do you go around 10pm on 26th December, Miss Im?”

“I’m watching television, grab a snack and slept around 12pm.”

“Do you have witness to approve your confession?”

“I told you, I live alone before I met Yuri. You can ask my television or radio in my house. I won’t do anything that could harm my Yuri, Hyoyeon. Please can’t you think about it? I love Yuri and I’m really meant it. How could you suspect me, Hyoyeon?”

She pay attention and noted down the explanation on the file. “Hyoyeon, what is the reason you drag me in this case? Why do you think that I’m also involved in this case?”

Hyoyeon stopped writing and turned her head and stared, “based on our witnesses’ information. The description of the suspect exactly resembles you, and even the victim told the same thing that…”

“Stop!” harshly I slapped the surface of the table; “you mean that Yuri told you that I’m the attacker? She suspects me – she thought that I’m the one who attack her last year?”

Hyoyeon pretended to hear nothing and continued to write in the file. Suspecting me? Yuri is suspecting me? What on earth is Yuri thinking? I know that she still feel traumatized because of everything happen but suspecting me? This is more than too much, Yuri.