Chapter 10

Destined to Meet

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

I pushed every door that leads me to ICU, followed by Jessica from behind. She grabbed my hands tightly, in case that I cannot control myself after heard the news from the call. She also became my direction since I had not yet familiar with this new hospital.

 

We arrived in front of ICU door and sat down, waiting for the news from any staff working inside the room. Two policemen were present on front of the door, sitting on the chair while drank their drinks. Few minutes later, one of the doctors came out.

 

“Are you her relatives?” the doctor asked.

 

“I’m her girlfriend,” I replied. “What happen to my friend, doctor?”

 

He shook his head, “The stabs are very deep and she lost lots of blood because of the attack. Her condition is unpredictable. She does not conscious after the operation. We can only put the faith to God that she will go to be okay.”

 

“Can I see her?” she asked. “I am sorry miss but you are not allowed to enter the room. The patient needs rest after the operation. This incident has become a police case. We are strictly reminded that no one can enter the room,” the doctor answered.

 

“Even if the visitor is her girlfriend?” she pressured the word girlfriend when asking the question.

 

“Even her girlfriend,” the doctor nodded, replying her question. “Excuse me miss. I really hope you understand the main point we need to follow the rules. If there’s any improvement on your friend we’ll inform you as soon as possible.”

 

“Thank you doctor,” Jessica said. The doctor nodded his head and walked away from there.

 

I could only look her through the gaps of the doors. You officially be the first one went to this hospital but I never wish it happen in this way. Yuri was lying on the bed motionless, her head wrapped in white bandage, blood and dripper can be seen flowing through the tube on her left hand. Lots of bruises and scratches present almost her entire part of her body and her long curly black hair covered her pale face.

 

If I were by your side yesterday Yuri, my heart whispered. Who on earth dare to attack my baby so badly and now she’s in the hospital? Whoever you are, I smacked the wall so hard even you can heard the echoes miles away, I will never let you go. This I promise you, Yuri. I will take revenge no matter what happen, I clenched my fists.

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

This is my first time saw her mad to this point. She punched the wall and her face was clearly mentioned that she was very angry. The moment her girlfriend was been attacked she does not by her side.

 

“Even if the visitor is her girlfriend?”

 

My heart pain and suffered when you she told the doctor about the relationship between her and Yuri. You are the lucky girl Yuri. Please wake up Yuri. I knew that you will bring back my shiny Sooyoung back if your eyes are open right now.

 

“Sooyoung, you need to rest, you had to sleep, to eat, and you are here in this hospital since morning,” I handled her coffee in the paper cup.

 

“No. I should by her side right now,” she nodded and smiled weakly, giving thanks for the drink. “I should by her side yesterday. I should accompany her whole night yesterday.” She gazed at her drink deeply. “She’s the expert in coffee. I love the way she made coffee. That’s….” she drank her coffee until the cup is empty,”…the reason why I fall in love with her. I should by her side right now.”

 

I softly patted her shoulder, “Sooyoung, there are two policemen in duty guard her right now. Many nurses and doctors are present in the hospital. You can put your trust towards them.”

 

She just kept quiet and stared to her empty cup. “I can’t find the reason why they dare to harm my baby. I just can’t…” tears can be seen through her eyes”…understand.” She wiped her eyes at the end of her collar.

 

I pulled myself closer to her and gently her back. Give her peace and comfort and quiet in her heart because she really needs it right now.

 

“Thank you Jessica,” she said, turning her head towards me. I was shocked, “For what?”

 

“Even though we just met yesterday but you are here to comfort me and giving your helping hands to send me to the hospital. I don’t know how to thank you, I mean…you help a lot and I really appreciate it Jessica,” she replied.

 

“Oh it just a small matter,” t turned my head while showing my sincere to help her.

 

Sooyoung, it’s hard to believe this but I’ve fall in love with you since my first time meet you. Wait a minute? Did I just say that I love Sooyoung?

 

Our eyes were met; I can felt my heart starts to beats so hard even you can hear it miles away. She rubbed my cheek with her gentle touch, my hair and then placed it behind my ear. The gaps between us were getting narrower, and we getting closer. I closed my eyes, waiting for her next move. I can felt her warm air coming from .

 

I never thought this moment will appear very soon like this.

 

“Sorry to bother miss but you have to go with us now,” two policemen from behind interrupted our scene. “Okay,” Sooyoung replied, “Want to come along, Sica?”

 

Did she just call me Sica? “Sure, why not Soo?” Did I just call her Soo just now?

 

I grabbed her hands, walked along with her until we reached our car. I can’t imagine my life without you Sooyoung.

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

“Thank you for your cooperation, miss. We will inform you from time to time regarding to this case miss,” the policeman gave out his hands.

 

“You welcome sir,” I replied politely. I walked out from the office and met Jessica who sat on the chair outside.

 

“Jessica,” I rubbed her back, her long blonde covered her smooth face. Her head turned and now she is facing me.

 

“Jessica wake up,” this time I patted her shoulder. She does not move, not even an inch.

 

A man from behind tried to escape from police. The man ran so hard until he lost his body balance as the policemen pushed him so hard to the floor. Unexpectedly, my body is pushed by the man behind and…..

 

Ah I kiss her lips. What to do? What to do?

 

Soon Jessica woke up. “Ah, Sooyoung have you done your Q & A?” she wiped her falling eyes as she covered from yawning.

 

“..Yes...” I answered with a stuttering. I scratched my non-itchy head. Ah... how I want to answer if she suddenly asked a question in the future?

 

She grabbed my hands, “Now tell me what they ask from you?” we having eye contact when I sat next to her on the couch.

 

“Well… they asked whether I suspect anyone who enemies Yuri. Do she looked weird this pass few days. They even ask me whether Yuri and I got fight couples of days ago. “My heart suddenly hurt as I mentioned the last question. “Yuri is half of my life and I can’t live every single day without her. I should accompany her last night.”

 

I lowered my head to the ground, my hair almost covered my face and I placed my palms to my forehead, trying to hide my tears.

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

The atmosphere felt gloomy as she lowered her head. Her shoulders are shacked and I could hear her sobbed. She must be trying her best to hide her sadness. Ah Jessica! Why do you ask her that question huh?

 

“You are not alone Sooyoung. I will support you all the time. She will be okay. I knew she can face it. She can beat her end. She must be missing you too,” I gave her tissue.

 

“Thank you Jessica. Now I’m very exhausted. Could you please send me to…?”

 

“My home?”

 

“No, I mean my home. I want to take a nap and go to the hospital after this.”

 

“Okay, why not?” I replied. I kind of frustrated for her request. Why doesn’t she stay at my house and accompany me tonight. Sooyoung, you take a long time to realize that I keep company with you because I don’t want you to be sad. Stupid Sooyoung!

 

 I followed her from behind as we walked out from the police station. While we went to the parking lot, I could hear someone calling from behind.

 

“Did you hear that,” Sooyoung stopped her steps – and so do I - we turned our head behind and I saw a lady ran towards us and her getting nearer and nearer.

 

Wah… she’s so beautiful and...

 

“Sooyoung do you know who’s that girl…” I turned my head to Sooyoung. I could see her expressions changed, she seemed like that girl, scanning her body from head to legs. Her eyes shined brightly and….AAHHH it doesn’t matter‼ You lady what on earth are you doing here‼

 

 “Sooyoung, there’s something I need you to know.” She stopped in front of us. I crossed my hands as the lady ran towards us.

 

“Today going to be a long day,” I murmured to myself.