Chapter 36

Destined to Meet

Sooyoung’s POV

I clapped my hands – as a sign of the end of the photo shoot, the main signal that all of the crews here including me waiting for after spending whole day for this.

“The end, everyone. Thank you for your support and help, I’m really appreciating it.”

Everyone clapped and smiled, slapped their palm and patted their back among each other. One by one the crew cleaning up their equipment and place and waved goodbye to everyone as they walked out happily from the studio.

I went to the editing room and take a look of the pictures – Jessica should be thankful to her parents – she was born greatly beautiful. Her smile is wonderfully stunning and she fits in every outfit she wore – she is extremely gorgeous.

And I want to try my fate today – tonight.


*flashback*

“Sooyoung!” Tiffany screamed, calling my name from editing room and startling the crews in the studio – but they really don’t mind instead they already get used of it. It is not something new to hear the supersonic locomotive high-pitched voice from Tiffany especially when she called up my name.

“Yes what is it?” I asked as soon as Tiffany and Taeyeon came closer with the suspicious smile on their face. “Your smile looks silly, Taeyeon. Tiffany, I think that you are infected by her virus too.”

Both them looked at each other and smiled, “Sooyoung, do you know that Jessica is fall in love with you?” Tiffany whispered right through my ears even Taeyeon could not catch up her words.

I raised my eyebrows and asked, “Can you tell me where your confidence is come from?”

She pointed her fingers towards Jessica and tapped my shoulder firmly, “do you want to try? I mean do you love her too?”

What kind of question is that? “I… I mean we are just friends.”

Taeyeon stepped my legs brutally and nudged my tummy, “Tiffany sensed that Jessica love you just now, Sooyoung. It is your entire fault. Who ask you to be nice to everyone around you? Who ask you to volunteer yourself to keep an eye of her and live with her? I mean, Sooyoung, seriously how do you feel while looking at her far from behind?”

I turned my head and looked at Jessica from afar, watching her calmly sit while Shirley put makeup on her face.

“She is incredibly beautiful and stunning. When she smiles it feels like all the happiness in this world surround me. While her coming closer, unexplainable rhythm of my heartbeat pound in my chest, my sweats form all around my face and the warmth surrounding my spirit.”

“Uh huh. What else?” Tiffany asked with low voice – almost whispering – right through my ear.

“For me when she was not by my side, I really feel lonely. For me when she was sick, I can’t sleep and I worried about her all the time. For me when she was sit by my side…”

“Your heart pounded crazily and just waiting for it to escape from your chest right?” Taeyeon said, “Sooyoung, seriously you’re in love right now.”

“What?” I looked at Taeyeon as she snapped her finger.

“We stop our sharing here, Sooyoung. Let me – I mean Taeyeon and I – let us help you, Sooyoung.” Tiffany smiled, along with her eyes.

This dwarf couple – TaeNy – what are you trying to plan this time?

*end of flashback*

With the speed of light I cleaned the lenses of my camera, placed it neatly in to the vacuumed bag. I turned my head towards my watch – I only got around an hour left – and I need to go fast, I need to get out from here quickly.

I took my back and smiled at the remaining crews in the studio as they waved goodbye. “Sooyoung,” Shirley called from behind. I turned my head, seeing her take hold of plastic-covered clothes.

“Tiffany and Taeyeon asked me just now – what is the best clothes for you to wear tonight – so this is yours for tonight,” she said as she handed the clothes.

“Thank you so much, Shirley,” I said as I hugged her, “you helps a lot today. Wish me good luck.”

“You’re welcome. All the best, Sooyoung, and Happy Valentine Day to you.” She patted my back before we released the hug.

With faith and hope no matter what happen I won’t be afraid. You’re my life present, Jessica. You’re my jewel, my miracle. The word friendship may sound awkward but that does not created to describe us – you’ll always be my best friend, forever you’re my friend – and you’re my only one, Jessica, you’re my love.


Jessica’s POV

I wonder what makes Sooyoung hurrying today.

I eyed at Sooyoung from fitting room – she packing her stuff and speeding up. She stopped as Shirley called her with the clothes and gave it to Sooyoung – and then Sooyoung left the studio. A moment later, Shirley came back to the fitting room and sat beside me.

“Jessica, Sooyoung told me that Taeyeon will fetch you home today. She had important things to do,” Shirley said as she took out the eyeliner from her case and drew it on my eyebrows.

“It’s okay,” I replied, looking at the mirror and gazed at her. Is it just me or is she just adding more makeup on my face?

“I want to make sure that you look exceedingly gorgeous tonight.”

What?

“What do you mean?” I asked but no replied from her instead Shirley only shot a smile and continued her work.

“Hope you will be happy today – and so do her. When the time is arrive remember this Jessica, love is unpredictable and love is unbelievable. Love never knows the meaning of distance and boundaries. Love has no limit and love is priceless. Appreciate it while you can, because love is the reason why this world is full of surprise and magical.”

A moment later Taeyeon came in with the blinking-white long dress while Tiffany hold a box in her hands. “Shirley, is this what do you want?” Taeyeon and Tiffany asked in the same time – they looked at each other and giggled – they really enjoyed this kind of coincidence point of view.

Shirley nodded, “place it on the table over there,” as she pointed her finger towards the coffee table in the fitting room. “I think you makeup is finish, Jessica. Come over here let me match you beauty with the dress along with the accessories.”

Okay, what’s going on here? Is there any photo shoot for this – I mean… isn’t the office hour is over?

“Where are we going?” I asked the same question since we off from the building and heading to nowhere – as we passing the unrecognizable neighbourhood and the car did not show any sign to stop.

I patted Tiffany’s shoulder seeing that Taeyeon did not give any response for my question – maybe she just want to be concentrate on the road – and I asked the same question but hopeless, either Tiffany and Taeyeon did not response or even turned their head for at least blinking their eyes.

Some minutes passed before I realised the car already stopped. I looked at the surrounding – small garden and feet-height white woody fence make the house looks cute – exactly resembles the description of the house in kid fairy tales. My eyes looked up of the house – none space of the house is bright – even a single dim light.


Taeyeon and Tiffany pushed me lightly towards the main door – with the simple action Taeyeon twisted the doorknob and the door opened. With the slight motion from Tiffany, she pressed on my back causing me to step forward and enter the door.

“Happy valentine day, Jessica,” Taeyeon called from the outside. “Don’t forget to tell the story tomorrow okay?” Tiffany’s voice came afterwards.

The playing soft music came from the centre of the house. The melody of the song is touchable – the lyrics are full of sincere and meaningful.
(I suggest you to hear How Great Is Your Love by SNSD)

With my head facing the main door, I could see the formation of shadow – shadow of myself on the wall – and the size is getting larger. Where does the light come from?

I slowly turned around and saw the candles had been light up from the distance one by one and the arrangement of the candles forming a unique pattern – love – with the pink colour of the candles – the candles are arranged forming a love shape.

Standing on the middle of the empty space of the love-lighted candles is none other than– Sooyoung? Neatly dressed in long black trousers and white long-sleeves and black vest, she also wore red bow on her collar.

She carried a dozen red roses in one arm and a long, rectangular white velvet box and topped with a red bow, in the other. Sooyoung certainly does look cute – and gentlewoman – especially because of her manly style when she is carrying roses.

She flashed her simple smile. She towered over, tall and adorable, with straight dark brown hair and warm hazel eyes. She offered the roses, “This is for you.”

I cradled the roses in my arms, trying not to show how pleased I am. I did not expect something like this will happen to me – in this date. Throughout the two months we had been seeing each other, she was always doing something sweet, and I never get tired of it.

“I just saw them and I thought you should have them.” Erect, Sooyoung meet my eyes, a curious smile on her lips and a lightness of mien I had never seen before.

“Jessica,” she said, and her hand gripped my shoulders.

She lowered her body – kneeling and opened the white velvet box and pull out a well-designed ring. Without hesitation she inserted the ring on my finger and kissed it softly. She stood up and kissed softly on my cheeks and whispered right through my ear, “Jessica, would you accept this surprised propose? Would you be the one – the only one in my life? After buried my feelings for a long time it is time for you to know my feelings. I love you, Jessica, and I love you with all my heart. Pretending to deny this feeling is very hurtful and my heart is screaming to tell this – I love you, Jessica.”

Is this a dream? My eyes doubting my ears started into Sooyoung. I fell into Sooyoung’s arms, my hands straining up to her neck.
“Oh, Jessica,” she whispered, “don’t cry my dear – we have found each other. Don’t worry – we’ll come through.”

Slowly reluctantly, she pushed herself free and d my hands.

“When you smiling for me, when you coming closer, it feels like all the happiness in this world is mine. Although it might still be far in the future I don’t want it to just be a dream, I hope to walk the same road together with you. It’s true, Jessica, I just want to be around with you. Would you be my heart – the one that helps me to stand in this world, not let go of my hands as time passes, teaching me the meaning of love and brighten my day? Jessica, would you be my…”

I planted a sweet passionate kiss on her lips, zipping . “Yes, I do, Sooyoung. Yes I do.” And I kissed her lips once again. Without taking a long time she reacted, the tenderness of her lips can be felt – as warm as her silent hug. With faith and holding hands, no matter what happen I won’t be afraid – I had Romeo by my side saving her Juliet – and that’s for sure.